• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Calvin, I personally didn't think it looked very good. It's not like it's "creative" or anything. I thought most clothes with skulls were lame 2 years ago when they were popular. I think by saying it's textbook amjack was a response to the other poster acting like it was really original. He was just pointing out that people who he doesn't really respect stylewise make similar clothing choices.
Bingo. I'm actually a bit of a pirate enthusiast (no joke) and really love reading both its historical and fictional aspects, especially treasure diving. But then came along Jackass, Pirates VI: the Return of Johnny Depp's Evil Twin, etc. and it absolutely killed anything remotely "pirate" for me and that includes anything with the Jolly Roger on it. By "textbook Amjack" I literally meant: this.
Whodini. I still think the jeans are more short than "cleaner because they don't stack" like you claimed last time you posted them. Especially with slip ons like that they look a little bit off because of your more casual style. I think GS gets away with it because he wears them almost as slacks and usually with dress shoes, plus it kind of suits his ensembles. For the casual, slightly western/LA look you generally go for, it just isn't that complimentary. I don't really care for "stacking" but just a slight break..
I still don't agree. Standing straight the bottom of the hem is literally a half inch off the ground. The hem's not exactly dior 19 or NC status so I think any more inches and I'd have to have the inseam shortened so they wouldn't drag anchor or bring in the hem so they'd stack (which I wouldn't if I didn't already have jeans that stack). It's also a moot point as they're still stretching out and will eventually be worn lower on my waist.
Originally Posted by lance konami
Crates seem a little short but still a good fit, and the choker isn't really working here. It's kind of distracting.
I wear it tucked for the exact same reason. I left the choker out for the shot.
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I personally like the very little break who has on his crates. I much prefer it to cuffs, that's for sure.
bigstar[1].gif
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
Whodini, my old Crates look great on you :p. Funny how quickly things change hands around here. I personally think that your look is much cleaner without the stacking.
bigstar[1].gif
x2 You sold your's to Vman?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Jeans are too short.

Who loves the choker.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Unfortunately no. We just signed on with a European distributor based in Düsseldorf. He's in possession of the spring line so will commence with any shows remaining in Europe.

I'll be at Project NYC next week (SoCal can catch up with me there, to see what a nice guy I can be. I'll be at the Hudson, only a "large" stones throw from his place
smile.gif
) then I'm off to England for a break.

I'll be in London for TBC at the Truman Brewery. Thats on from the 5th-7th of August. You there then? Give me your distributor's details.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It's also a moot point as they're still stretching out and will eventually be worn lower on my waist.

I think this would pretty much solve everything.

Don't think i'm looking for "staaaacccckkkksss" or anything. Maybe it's the subtle bootcut of the crate james(they are james right?). From the pictures i've seen of them, it looks like there is no break and they've almost hovering, but it might just be the pictures and it might just be the choice of shoes. I'm not claiming i know what they look like without shoes or where they fall in that situation from all angles, i'm just judging by the photos posted. I think even you, my pirate matey, would agree that there is a middle ground between stacking and zero break almost hanging there.

On the plus side, if you're ever in a female clothing peasant style off with sauce, you can wear them as capris for a leg up. Please shave first.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by jet
Who loves the choker.

Who cares that it makes plants grow. Who cares what it does since you've broke my heart

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this knee-jerk reaction against all things skull'd is silly. Yeah, maybe the skull is getting a little oversaturated right now (who's jackass shoes, countless vans, RL's vaguely Yale-influenced infatuation, Barker Black, even the higher end stuff like McQueen, etc.), but I think it's all in how you wear it, and the ribbon belt looked like a nice piece, worn well, to me.

A poster at superfuture (selegna?) even wore embroidered skull pants (verging on preptastic) with sneakers and a tshirt and pulled it off.

Berlin--your posts are consistently excellent
jpgm--nice chambray
sauce and who--like the white slips

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, was on vacation and now I have no batteries for the camera
smile.gif

Are those shorts in your last post linen? My monitor at work blows.

kallun

Reaction score
I like your shirt Berlin Report! Palacos Pololshirt Dior Homme MIJ 19cm ACNE Thin leather belt Buddhahood Saville Row, Pink distressed boots.
070716.jpg
(and also better pics of the JLC MUT on the blog as requested)

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Yep, was on vacation and now I have no batteries for the camera
smile.gif

Are those shorts in your last post linen? My monitor at work blows.

Everyone seems to have gone on vacation except me.
frown.gif
The shorts are cotton with grey pinstripes. Its very thin shirting material so its fully lined . Its comfortable nonetheless. Get batteries
smile.gif

Kallun, thanks. Its very thin linen-like cotton with mother of pearl buttons.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Who cares that it makes plants grow. Who cares what it does since you've broke my heart

He likes it because it simulates my hand around his neck when I'm not around.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
MSP to SFO:
Jil Sander leather jacket
Cloak tee
Jil Sander jeans
Martin Margiela sneaks
fly002.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
MSP to SFO:
Jil Sander leather jacket
Cloak tee
Jil Sander jeans
Martin Margiela sneaks

Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you?

Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know?

Kallun Really nice fit on the Diors. Not such a fan of the shoes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads