• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.

Haha. I wonder why. You would think that women would be happy to see men taking an interest in dressing better.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Some really shady advice going on in here. Quevola doesn't need to size up on his 514s at all. The little wedgie action might be just be....a wedgie, or just an odd picture. The pants don't look too tight at all. If anything they look slightly slim-relaxed. I don't see a lot of pulling in the upper block from them being too tight at the waist or anything and the legs look fine. It might just be a rise problem, but it's definitely an improvement from before. I think he could use a belt in that picture though and the billowing of the shirt around the tucked in part looks a bit weird. Sauce had it right, but i didn't look at his advice post until after i typed my response and did a quick edit, before it showed i edited.

I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug

I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.

In what way does the outfit look feminine ?

chronoaug

Reaction score
I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the color combo and the cardigan and the way the cardigan drapes and is buttoned. Maybe because i'm just picture sauce in that dress after hearing the saucemistres comments. I don't know why exactly, but that was my first knee jerk reaction. I don't think it looks as feminine as i thought when i first saw it, so it's probably just triggering my memory to think of something else.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.

razuel

Reaction score
The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.

Maybe it's because it opens at the bottom too?

Oh, and how tall are you?

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good feedback everyone - we are learning as we go. I promise to save you all from anymore ass shots in the future.
blush.gif

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm the same height and inseam as sauce but my pbjs happen to be a bit shorter. I'm a 32-33inseam and my size 31 pbjs are about a 33inseam. Gives me a little bit of break. They're about exactly 8" at the hem and for some reason they billow out around the calves and give a semi-bootcut impression even though it's pretty much exactly straight from knee to hem. Mine break a little bit but don't stack quite as much as sauce's due to the slightly shorter length.

calvin1663

Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
Belt Deet (cannibalized a J-crew ribbon belt for this):
IMG_0122.gif

that's ill...i love the contrast between the badass skull and the preppy ribbon

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.
I was talking to her.

Originally Posted by modual
In what way does the outfit look feminine ?

It's the twinkle in his eyes.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.

The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar.

The buttoning is what gives some people the slightly feminine impression. I still like the way I have it buttoned, but a picture with another cardigan from months ago gave a couple people a similar impression, so it seems to be a more widespread thing than I'd imagined. I might change up, I might not. In any case, you're right, I can't imagine wearing even a very thin cardigan like this again for a couple months at least, so I guess I have plenty of time to decide. My PBJs will see action, though, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads