• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipment of Santoni FAMs now here

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Hope this is all right with the moderators, that i start a new thread for this as the old thread looks like no one is seeing the update. hope this doesnt kill anyone:

well, i got my shipment. seems the algonquin toe is another model, not my model sorry guys.
here are photos, alot of these im slightly disappointed are a bit more shop worn than they were claimed to be (over the phone).
i will price these accordingly and the rest if i dont sell i will have to return.

I have a size 9 (9.5 D US) in this wholecut FAM model in brown. more shopworn than i expected, still brand new in box technically $599 shipped
IMGP3675.jpg

IMGP3676.jpg

IMGP3677.jpg

I also have a FAM semibrogue in 9 (9.5 D US) and 10 (10.5) in brown.
the 9(9.5 D US) was a display (the one with the sticker on the heel) it has a finish that is slightly altered due to the length of display (looks as some lint stuck on the finish) you will see in person visibly but on the photo you cannot see it. these are $559 shipped and the 10 (10.5 D US) is $599 shipped. 10 also more shopworn than expected
IMGP3671.jpg

IMGP3670.jpg

IMGP3674.jpg

IMGP3672.jpg

IMGP3679.jpg

here is the one i received earlier , 9 (9.5 D US) which is got the scratch on the left heel but besides that is pristine condition compared to the above $619 shipped:

IMGP3662.jpg

IMGP3664.jpg

IMGP3665.jpg

IMGP3663.jpg

I also have a 8.5 (9 D US) and 9 (9.5 D US) in a brown Algonquin toe but these are not the algonquins i have . these are a more traditional split toe in a rust /med brown, and have a thick goodyear construction . price lowered also, but these are pristine condition both pair $639 each shipped .

IMGP3680.jpg

IMGP3681.jpg

IMGP3682.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
the split toes I have been confirmed by A Harris that these are the BENTIVEGNA "style 5425" handmade split toes that are seen on the santoni website.

real bentivegna construction, retail been told over $2000

now how about that? i was told they are retail $1000. but the price still stands at $639 shipped for sf only (my mistake for not identifying these correctly), but please money order or check on this if you can thanks.

i will be looking to unload these to ebay more quickly than the others as you can understand.

IMGP3680.jpg

IMGP3681.jpg

IMGP3682.jpg

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So the sizes are US or UK? If you say 9 (US 9.5) does this mean that it's a UK 9, and will these fit a US 10D given that most FAMs run a bit big. The first pair look interesting.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm contemplating foot reduction surgery so I can fit those Bentivegna's. Those babies are suhweet!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
it is like this: santoni lines fam and above usually run a half size too large. however, it is technically a US size labeled on the shoe. but just running half size too large.
kind of like gucci or prada labeling their US size on the shoes but they are known to run a size or two too large. like tramezza running half size too small.

but to just play it simply, you can see them as UK sizing ,
so if you are a 10.5 D, you have to get a 10 in santoni

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This thread rocks!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might be a spoil sport but these shoes look like seconds to me. The stitching around the welts for starters. Am I right?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
The stitching around the welts for starters. Am I right?

No

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Your offering tempt me, tempt me too much. I must resist or must lie to the wife.

Please educate me on the "Bentivegna" construction: purpose, usefulness, etc...

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I must resist or must lie to the wife.

Distract her with a purse. Those FAMs are delectable.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Brian,

Your offering tempt me, tempt me too much. I must resist or must lie to the wife.

Please educate me on the "Bentivegna" construction: purpose, usefulness, etc...

No need for lying, just a little half-truth is all that is needed, no?

bentivegna is a construction where either A Harris, Jcusey, bengal, or someone that knows can explain.

all i know is that the purpose it to make a decadent looking sole and a very expensive product.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Thankfully for my wallet, all those beauties are the wrong size. But kudos as usual on your good taste, Brian.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads