• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Boxers in the World

thepataphysician

Reaction score
nordstrom makes a store brand that has a double wide placket and 2 bottons on the waistband. I really like them.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
nordstrom makes a store brand that has a double wide placket and 2 bottons on the waistband. I really like them.

That ****'s ghetto!

Edit: Sorry, I was referring to Ed's NM brand.
blush.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What features do you feel are the most important?

I agree about the padded waistband.

How about buttons? I don't see them as necessary and just add unnecessary bulk.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Padded waistband for me. I also see no point in buttons.

JB

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
What features do you feel are the most important?

I agree about the padded waistband.

How about buttons? I don't see them as necessary and just add unnecessary bulk.

I think thick waistbands are uncomfortable. The calvin klein knit boxer is really lightweight silky knit material with the perfect waistband. Its not thick nor too wide. It feels really comfortable like its barely there. Its not too tight either like many other designer brands with thick bands. Also there is a button but it doesnt "weigh down" the boxers. The button is really light. Its the most comfortable underwear Ive tried and Ive tried a lot of designer brands and Cin2 and 2xist and CK just cant be beat

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do the very high end brands, such as Borelli, have any special features? Any photos I can look at?

I am thinking of making boxers out of the shirting fabrics I have access to.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do the very high end brands, such as Borelli, have any special features? Any photos I can look at?

I like the Borrelli (& Isaia) fabrics, but find the 'cut'(?) to be a little confining. Not so much too tight, but rather too short. I thnk they need to lengthen 'the rise', if that is the correct term. Also, a special feature which seems nice but useless is a single button on the fly. The buttonhole is 'internal', in that it lies behind the front of the boxer, i.e. button is invisible when looking at the boxer - you really have to fish around to find it, and can be quite annoying if you really have to piss badly. I just leave them unbuttoned...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johninla
are 2-xist considered gay?
only if you are taking them off in a dark room with another man.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
I think thick waistbands are uncomfortable. The calvin klein knit boxer is really lightweight silky knit material with the perfect waistband. Its not thick nor too wide. It feels really comfortable like its barely there. Its not too tight either like many other designer brands with thick bands. Also there is a button but it doesnt "weigh down" the boxers. The button is really light. Its the most comfortable underwear Ive tried and Ive tried a lot of designer brands and Cin2 and 2xist and CK just cant be beat

ghulkan - i saw these today for $10/pair and almost grabbed some but was unsure of sizing. would a 34 waist be a M or L?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
ghulkan - i saw these today for $10/pair and almost grabbed some but was unsure of sizing. would a 34 waist be a M or L?

Yep, a medium is your size. I paid $18 a pop on sale at the CK outlet
frown.gif
Make sure they are the Pima Cotton ones with the light grey waistband. The others are bulky/thick and uncomfortable in the summer.

As for the shirtings type boxers, I've given up on those. I had a few Etro's which has huge MOP buttons which added like an inch to my waist size, they were very constricting. Same thing with Borrelli. As for Burberry, I bought two pair in a medium, the boxer leg almost reaches my knees.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't have the very high end brands, but have some of the nicer CEGO, and the benefits are a sized waist (32, 34, etc) instead of S, M, L, a covered waistband, so the elastic doesn't grab the skin, and a vent on the outside thigh, so they can be cut a little more trim while allowing movement. Were I designing my own, I'd also make the fly placket wide and without buttons.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
There is "male enhancement surgery" for that now.

rimshot.gif
I thought you'd go for the 'sizing' issue, but I lobbed that softball in at the end to make sure.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads