• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
fb91_1.JPG

Aero horsehide racer jacket. Hope it fits!!

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I love it. I hope it fits you. I had a friend schlepp a schott cafe racer all the way from the states a year ago and I've never worn it because the proportions are all wrong for me. Too wide on the shoulders and too tight on the waist. I know its meant to support you in the gut area but it just looks horribly wrong on me. Shame. The leather is sensational. Anyway, please post a pic when you get it.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
^^I love it. I hope it fits you. I had a friend schlepp a schott cafe racer all the way from the states a year ago and I've never worn it because the proportions are all wrong for me. Too wide on the shoulders and too tight on the waist. I know its meant to support you in the gut area but it just looks horribly wrong on me. Shame. The leather is sensational. Anyway, please post a pic when you get it.

I bought a Schott racer too, and had the same problem. WWF sized shoulders and chest combined with a very tapered waist. And I have very big shoulders... I sold it. These Aero's are supposed to be cut slimmer, and this one doesn't look to have the action back from the pics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I've been looking for a good racer jacket for years. Will do on the pic!

BTW, you should put the Schott you have on ebay. They sell quite well there.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing those Aero racers for a long time now. They had a limited run in buffalo hide a few years ago that were at a reduced price. I'm so annoyed that I passed on those that I can hardly bring myself to order one now in horse or cow. If you'd ever seen or worn a buffalo jacket, you'd know what I mean. It's very heavy and very soft with incredible texture.

drainpipe

Reaction score
I'm in the process of drastically revamping my wardrobe. So far, I have bought a pair of Nudies SJDJ, APC NS, Ted Baker Esprit oxfords, and white Jack Purcell.

I'm going to order some American Apparel from a wholesaler, and I'm still looking for a nice fall coat. The problem is that I'm really skinny (size 34R), so it's been tough. I'll be in NYC (near SoHo even) in three weeks for two months, so I'll probably be able to find something there.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a few new sneaks at the recent shoes.com sale. Got the three pairs below for a grand total of $103.57 shipped.

Gola Stride
shoes_iaec1026731.jpg

Gola Campaign
shoes_iaec1001598.jpg

OT Mexico 66 White/Silver
shoes_iaec1006843.jpg

Buddy Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Grabbed a few new sneaks at the recent shoes.com sale. Got the three pairs below for a grand total of $103.57 shipped. OT Mexico 66 White/Silver
shoes_iaec1006843.jpg

Yo dude, dig the OTs.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
those Gola's look great! Nice pickups

I don't think you can see from the pic but the Campaign are made of the same cracked leather as the Strides but a bit thinner lining so they wear like a regular pair of Converse

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea I was checking out your Golas on shoes.com. the white distressed/cracked leather is gonna look pretty cool

Never ordered from there but picked these up in their sale section, which I'd seen before and never pulled the trigger at full price

Le Coq Sportif trainers

shoes_iaec1001420.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Much like Saucemaster said, I had to pull the trigger on these Paul Smith brogues last night:

I really like the contrast laces and sole...

pszv0.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
picked this up...(cheers Alex R for the tip)

Baracuta Ltd edition "Sinatra" Harrington, cut in the slimfit version with "Die Your Way" printed on the inside tartan. Supposedly only 70 of these made worldwide

04-04-2007_Baracuta_LTD_Navy_Large.jpg

04-04-2007_Baracuta_LTD_Navy_Box2.jpg

04-04-2007_Baracuta_LTD_Navy_Detail5.jpg

04-04-2007_Baracuta_LTD_Navy_Detail3.jpg

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn thats cool. How slim is a slimfit? It always seemed to me like the arms were still cut huge.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I tried on a slimfit at BiG NYC and it is noticeably slimmer than the standard G9. The body and sleeves are both trimmer than the original and I think they made the arm a tad longer to compensate for the shoulders which also feel a bit narrower. It's by no means a tight jacket, but just not as boxy as the classic G9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics