• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn Sauce, you've got some pretty muscular calves for a self-proclaimed skinny guy!
tounge.gif
I think no shades with the hat is a good call, together they are too much.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
If that was for me, feel free to unload with both barrels, I don't mind.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I think no shades with the hat is a good call, together they are too much.
I do wear the shades while in the sun, though. It's too bright out there not to, I'll literally get dizzy if I don't. And now I'm sitting in my frigid office in a hoodie. Summer is all fucked up.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
If that was for me, feel free to unload with both barrels, I don't mind.
smile.gif

Nope, I just forgot to quote that time.

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Sunday--it was hot.

wayw0708-3.jpg

Not a faux-tuck, the top's not quite long enough to cover the buckle, so it rides up as I walk.

(random hat from a cheap hat shop, H&M shirt that the tailor shortened a little *too* much, random gray v-neck, PBJ 005, Allen Edmonds)

Is that a scarf? That's pretty damn cool. Do you get a lot of people asking why the hell you're wearing it? Wonder if I could pull something like that off.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
Is that a scarf? That's pretty damn cool. Do you get a lot of people asking why the hell you're wearing it? Wonder if I could pull something like that off.
It is a scarf, a thin linen one. The back of my neck is burned after a very long bike ride a while ago, so it's there to shade it a little. I'm already wearing a wifebeater, no need to further add to the "redneck" look.... EDIT: Also, yeah, to wipe sweaty pits, and to dip in cold water, then stuff down my pants. So refreshing! It's also super strong and designed to hold five times my bodyweight, so it's useful as a survival tool if I wander too far into West Philly. Also, it grants me the power of flight. Pretty cool scarf.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that the tones are quite reasonable (at least from what I can see), but that shirt is at least a size too small. Margiela cuts his shirts to hang crisply over the body. Your arms and biceps bulge out of the shirt, and fits taut around your midsection. It looks like you can't even do up the buttom button. Not flattering. Sorry.

Thanks for the comments. I think I'm in between sizes in Margiela but when I went a size up from this the shirt seemed to be pretty blousy, so I figured I was closer to this size then the size up. That said, I've also bulked up a bit since this winter so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Anyways, I was mostly curious as to how the tones worked with each other because the Whalls give off kind of a blue/black tone that I thought would work fairly well with the fairly true black of the margiela.

I posted another similar fit this morning with an emporio armani shirt that is similar to the color PG2G posted in his fit, slightly more on the charcoal side of black, and I'm curious to see if this works.

89dk1.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Only my black Nom de Guerre M65, which has charcoal in the mix, matches my black Fred Bare cap. Otherwise, I wear that thing with olives and charcoals. My brown cap, which has both reds and a lot of black in it, ironically, matches my black stuff better, in general, and also goes with most of my blues.

Yeah, black is difficult to do. I have seen people here, but more on Superfuture, cheat. Tones are difficult to see on a monitor, easy in person. I look at some of the black on black on black outfits on Sufu, and because I know what the pieces look like in person, I say "Looks good on screen, would look like **** irl."

Matching different tones of black can be visually interesting, I do it a lot but I would agree that it can disastrous if done uncorrectly. Yves St-Laurent did match different shades of black for his evening wear, often with stunning results.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Ónefnt by Jóhann Jóhannsson
SF160.jpg
Pink Floyd Tee Dior Homme Belt Acne Max Cash Jeans Cons

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I clicked this thread hoping you posted a fit.

Disappointing.

Carry on with the chatter...

I moved and don't have mirror at the present. But when I do get one it won't be fragmented like the last time, for better or worse.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
rye, does those acne's have back pocket rivets like wrangler, or am i just seeing the bar-tacking?

does those? ehh i'm not gonna fix it...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
rye, does those acne's have back pocket rivets like wrangler, or am i just seeing the bar-tacking?

They have flat rivets at front and back pockets and concealed coin pocket.
Love these jeans it's just a damn shame I can't find a more suitable place to store my Blackberry and wallet. Back pocket looks like I'm hiding a colostomy bag.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
hidden picture click thing semi interesting shoulder detail and collar area. i don't know. I can't tell if it's lame or not.
picture028sl7.jpg
Yes. The sandwich was amazing. An italian panini from The Fresh Market. Fresh Spinach, cappicola, fresh mozzerella, red onions, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and genoa salami. My mouth is still recovering. I really like the look of the hat, sauce, and i normally wouldn't but the tank top/scarf look is pretty interesting. I'm still afraid of tank tops, maybe i should be brave one of these days. Razuel: I think in time you'll see how people here have varying styles. Some are similar, some are very different, but in general there are some people here who have their own unique style. I don't think it's fair to judge everything by whether you'd wear it or not because that's really not fair as far as what this board is about (fashion). Sauce, pg2g, jpgm, braid, most of berlin's stuff, la guy and brian sd all have a nice style that is there own and is also very wearable for pretty much all people. There are also guys like Ryegb, Get Smart, So Cal, Chris, SuperBobo, and some others here and on sufu, who have their own style and do it very well but it's not something i could personally pull off. They're different styles and not as universal, but they're good in their own ways. That last little list are of guys who have been doing their style for awhile now and it suits them very well. I don't think knee jerk reactions to their admittedantly different styles is really fair. It takes an open mind to accept criticism and influence from multiple sources(not just your favorites) in order to keep trying to define yourself. I still look at those guys to try to subtley influence myself even though it'd be really easy to just straight up copy sauce's looks or something. Honest Forum, while not my cup a tea, would actually help. It would probably serve you well to go between both sites as you seem to want to strattle the line between fashionable and college hip(not in a snobby way).Cheers to everyone though as i'm a lot happier with my clothes, style and confidence from having been a member here the last 8-10 months.

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Razuel: I think in time you'll see how people here have varying styles. Some are similar, some are very different, but in general there are some people here who have their own unique style. I don't think it's fair to judge everything by whether you'd wear it or not because that's really not fair as far as what this board is about (fashion). Sauce, pg2g, jpgm, braid, most of berlin's stuff, la guy and brian sd all have a nice style that is there own and is also very wearable for pretty much all people. There are also guys like Ryegb, Get Smart, So Cal, Chris, SuperBobo, and some others here and on sufu, who have their own style and do it very well but it's not something i could personally pull off. They're different styles and not as universal, but they're good in their own ways. That last little list are of guys who have been doing their style for awhile now and it suits them very well. I don't think knee jerk reactions to their admittedantly different styles is really fair. It takes an open mind to accept criticism and influence from multiple sources(not just your favorites) in order to keep trying to define yourself. I still look at those guys to try to subtley influence myself even though it'd be really easy to just straight up copy sauce's looks or something. Honest Forum, while not my cup a tea, would actually help. It would probably serve you well to go between both sites as you seem to want to strattle the line between fashionable and college hip(not in a snobby way).Cheers to everyone though as i'm a lot happier with my clothes, style and confidence from having been a member here the last 8-10 months.
I didn't knock his style to be a jerk, he made a jackass comment to me so I was a little irked. Immature, yes, but it wasn't some random 'i don't like your style' post. Anyways, I think Rye enjoyed it moreso than being hurt. He's an artist though; he should know how to give constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads