• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chicken nuggets. strawberry milkshake. from chick fil-a.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Sweet corn tamales, with rice and beans. And a Hefeweizen.

rubylith

Reaction score
Very healthy chicken sausage, hummous, and baby spinach in a flax seed wrap. Then a gigantic ice cream sandwich for dessert.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grilled hanger steak with sauteed morels. Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Bruschetta with homemade tapenade. Spinach salad, all washed down with a Jaboulet '97 Cornas. Desert was an apricot tart with a split of '88 Rayne-Vigneau.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
brother, i have no idea. i just know it to be 'shabu shabu' because my wife told me so. i just take her word for it.
and why do we use stainless steel bowls for rice? i dont know as well, brother. only thing i can think of is that the waitress will usually leave the steel bowl of rice at the end of the table , not in front of you, forcing you to pick it up quickly and dropping /slamming it in front of you on the table because it TOTALLY BURNS YOUR FINGERS.
and why do we use metal skinny chopsticks? i dont know my friend.
only thing i can think of is if you use these in a restaurant, it is a clear gauge as how 'korean ' you are if you can pick up any rice with them at all (try picking up slippery noodles with them. you cannot , unless you are truly korean; an official test used by the korean government). the ajumas in the back will be watching you and scoffing and laughing at you. then they will bring the forgiving wooden sticks you break in half (always one end broken like a turkey wishbone, and the other stick a short wedge stump) that the rice can stick to.

oh btw, we had Costco pizza last nite for dinner.

Thank you brother. I haven't seen shabu-shabu in my favorite Korean restaurant here, but the Kimchi-based stew or soup with seafood cooked on the table was great!

And yesterday I had one of those Taiwanese instant noodle in styrofoam bowls with a packet of cooked meat that you open and mix with the noodles. Ugh.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was from a few nights ago...tilapia filet with sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme, white wine, fresh ground pepper, salt and lemon slices.

It came out a little red, so I threw it back on the grill after this picture.

forsale001os3.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
right now i am eating a Dreyer's Slow Churned Rich N Creamy cookies and cream ice cream chocolate bar......mmmmmmm....soooo good.

It's hard to lose weight eating like that
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Connemara
This was from a few nights ago...tilapia filet with sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme, white wine, fresh ground pepper, salt and lemon slices.

It came out a little red, so I threw it back on the grill after this picture.

forsale001os3.jpg

A little red?? That's ceviche.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It's hard to lose weight eating like that
smile.gif

A little red?? That's ceviche.

I meant the fish was a little too rare, marsupial.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I meant the fish was a little too rare, marsupial.

I think that's what he also meant.

migo

Reaction score
roasted some garlic, tossed in some cut up chicken sausages, cooked that for a bit then poured in a stock/ketchup/honey/tobasco/pepper mixture, and some broccoli. My mum used to make something similar in a thicker sauce and with onions, not broccoli, but I forgot to ask her how she made hers, and I have no onions.

Yum

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads