• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inside Vincent Nicolosi

collarmelton

Reaction score
Dr. Teplitz' description of Vince is accurate, and the only reason I put up with it its because the results are fantastic.

Manton, I have a spare Oxxford label you can sew into your Vince suit, since, to hear you describe it, it fit like an Oxxford suit.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Andy's horrendous post says more about him then it does about Despos. He casually slams Despos, but only mentions that "we can't count" on Franco being there, a man who has defrauded many of the people that Andy led to him. What a lame ass. If he is direct, say exactly what the issue is and let Despos come on and defend himself if he so wishes.

Andy is clearly losing his mind. Look at some of his more recent posts...the guy's cracking up in his old age.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys, let's not turn this into a cross-forum bashing. I have no idea why Andy said what he said and so I clearly cannot comment on it one way or the other; however, since nobody seems to know the story, maybe we should just let it rest and move on with the topic.

tteplitzmd

Reaction score
Mr. Manton has an odd perpective. I would avoid this man at all costs. He is dishonest, miserable, and capable of doing only what he cares to do. I see no reason to deal with a merchant/tailor who has no accountability whatsoever. The only recourse is to avoid him, and render this opinion when and where I care to.

My comments are a 'public service announcement.' For accounting purposes how much does one claim as a charitable deduction for a once worn Nicolosi suit? Anyone? Anyone?

Perhaps Mr. Manton can deduct his Nicolosi suit as a 'uniform' expense. I can't.

svtrader

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
This man is an aging paranoic narcissist. I meekly asked for the cuffs at least to be 1 3/4 inches, VN replied, no 1 1/2, I suggested that we split the difference and go 1 5/8, VN replied NO.

This is comical if not sad.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the thread title until today and now I can't stop feeling gross.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Guys, let's not turn this into a cross-forum bashing. I have no idea why Andy said what he said and so I clearly cannot comment on it one way or the other; however, since nobody seems to know the story, maybe we should just let it rest and move on with the topic.

He bought it up, in a manner that is equivalent to a car side-swiping you and then not stopping. Add to that how they've effectively washed their hands of Carlo Franco, after anointing him at the CSE bashes, and their credibilty is dubious at best.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mr. Manton has an odd perpective. I would avoid this man at all costs. He is dishonest, miserable, and capable of doing only what he cares to do. I see no reason to deal with a merchant/tailor who has no accountability whatsoever. The only recourse is to avoid him, and render this opinion when and where I care to.

My comments are a 'public service announcement.' For accounting purposes how much does one claim as a charitable deduction for a once worn Nicolosi suit? Anyone? Anyone?

Perhaps Mr. Manton can deduct his Nicolosi suit as a 'uniform' expense. I can't.

I just think telling the truth is the right thing to do. My one Nicolosi suit is a disaster. But many others I have seen are fantastic. It would be false to say that my bad experience defines the man and his skills.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He bought it up, in a manner that is equivalent to a car side-swiping you and then not stopping. Add to that how they've effectively washed their hands of Carlo Franco, after anointing him at the CSE bashes, and their credibilty is dubious at best.

I agree 100%. Maybe Chris refused to kiss the ring.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Okay, but if it's going to be addressed, it should probably be addressed over there.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I just think telling the truth is the right thing to do. My one Nicolosi suit is a disaster. But many others I have seen are fantastic. It would be false to say that my bad experience defines the man and his skills.

Manton,

I know this thread is suppose to be about your Nicolosi, but if I may ask,
Do you have any first hand experience with any of the small Naples bespoke shops?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Do you have any first hand experience with any of the small Naples bespoke shops?

Limited, and through an intermediary.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score

For accounting purposes how much does one claim as a charitable deduction for a once worn Nicolosi suit? Anyone? Anyone?

The following is in part my understanding from discussing the issue with my accountant.

You can deduct the "fair reasonable value" of the item given to a charity.

The "fair and reasonable" value of a donation is based upon usefulness, condition, desirability, depreciation, and what the item would sell for in the used market. One benchmark is what the item would sell for in a "resale" store or eBay.

Unfortunately, you cannot expect to recoup your purchase price on this type of item. Generally, used clothing is like a car; once it leaves the store, the value drops.

Bespoke clothing has a lower resale value than a well known RTW brand. Typically, a bespoke suit would have a value of 15-20% of its initial retail price.

Generally, thrift stores do not want to get into valuing the donations. They leave valuation to the donor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads