• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I happen to enjoy SoCal's posts because he brings something to the table that nobody else does.
As someone who has yet to post a WAYWN, I want to chime in and say that I'm continually impressed by SoCal. When its not his outfits, as some do strike me as "off", its the balls he has to wear them. He's one of the few posters who always gets me to click the WAYWN thread when his is the most recent post. Hats off from me.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gqreader239
dritzz i love that tie. i rather like the second suit. are you planning to lengthen the sleeves?

Yeah, I am. I just got it tonight in the mail so I'll have it altered next week. I may let the jacket out like 1-2" also, haven't decided yet.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
The reason why it's harder to be stylish in S&D than semi-MC is that there are many more choices and you're not limited to a specific blueprint ie trousers, button up and jacket. I don't think it's hard at all to put nice fits together because you're confined to certain fixed factors but in S&D there are no rules there's much more creativity involved with the various types of pants, jeans, cardigans, sweaters, jackets, avant garde **** etc. There are no restrictions and it's those that force you to become a clone. Plus streetwear is all about breaking the rules, which are sometimes made to be broken and that is why those that adhere to them never develop a style all their own.

While theoretically true, most of us likewise conform to some mode of dressing that is as formulaic as the shirt-tie-suit uniform. I pretty much dress by the numbers. Choose one long sleeve tee or henley, choose one pair of jeans with complementary tone and either complementary or contrasting silhouette, choose one belt with contrasting color and complementary tone, choose a pair of sneakers. Put on leather bracelets and other accessories. That's me in the morning (then I go to the gym and take all that off and put on gym clothes for an hour and a half.) It's just human nature. Most of us have a uniform, and then do variation on the theme. And everyone has strengths and weaknesses. You can easily see this in stores where there is essentially one dominating buyer. Louis Boston, for example, does great in the "slightly off kilter gentleman" department, with Kiton suits under Dries van Noten coats with Henry Begeulin shoes. On the other hand, the "streetwear" floor of Louis generally sucks ass (there are some good pieces, but generally, the stuff is not worth writing home about,) especially considering how strong it is in other areas.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Wow, someone got a little snippy. Maybe a nap first next time. LA Guy, I agree with who, I think this thread could use criticism a bit more often. Ironically, I figured it was probably safer to criticize SoCal2NYC because he so clearly nails it most of the time. When I first saw what you and Rye had posted, I was looking forward to SoCal's response, because he's always been one of the best posters in this thread, and I thought he'd have something interesting to say in response. But don't let one bad response sour you on it, I like your critiques (and Rye's) even on the occasions when I disagree, because they're always well thought-out and clearly articulated. Plus, in all this we've gone and buried diddy's post, which is a shame, because he's turning into a damn sniper. He rarely takes a shot, but he never misses. And it's always a kill. EDIT: I also love that kitonbrioni just keeps rolling along. You could set your watch to him.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
742316701_f826532907_o.jpg

vintage shirt trovata tank 45rpm suminando ndc no belt no shoes nothing

I feel this has a nice silhouette.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
EDIT: I also love that kitonbrioni just keeps rolling along. You could set your watch to him.

He's a real go-getter, won't take no for an answer.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While theoretically true, most of us likewise conform to some mode of dressing that is as formulaic as the shirt-tie-suit uniform...It's just human nature. Most of us have a uniform, and then do variation on the theme.
So true. Only difference is when the uniform is more complex and executed with more thought/taste, we label it personal style.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I really don't have anything to add to this debate, so I'll just post a pic...

MJK Henley
SC OKI One Wash
Neil Barrett

Did you size down ALOT on the canes? Mine don't look anywhere near that slim esp through the lower leg.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lowrey
couple of pics from the weekend..

664953372_a71046c093_o.jpg

Best I've seen in a long long time. Awesome, top to bottom. Great photo in it self, as well.

kallun

Reaction score
Wow! What a rundown of pics by SoCal, Splendid in my opinion!

Me today:

http://tklflair.wordpress.com/

ACNE peak lapel one-button jacket
Spencer Hart club collar textured cotton shirt
Spencer Hart silk tie
Missoni cotton shorts
Buddhahood Saville Row, distressed and painted boots
Jaeger LeCoultre MUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads