• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
No, don't take it down. The point wasn't to be mean, but I couldn't pass this by. Criticism and praise should be dished out in equal measure, otherwise, whats the point of being a member here?. Constructive critique can still be an act of kindness.
It wasn't the criticism, as most my outfits are "controversial", so to speak, I just posted it because I had a camera and wasn't all that thrilled with the pic to begin with. I've never really seen the shoes on camera, but maybe it is time to get a new pair, they really are an eyesore in the pic. Those colors work well in 100+ degree heat. I have similar skin tone to you, what is wrong with offwhite pants? Perhaps this will require a new thread. I think the color of my pants are actually called cream or oatmeal or something. Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
ohh, how'd i miss this.....thanks!

hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

I disagree. The fit of the jeans and the drape of the tee are great together, and I really like the hits of white.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?

That's unfair, it's Friday and my brain cannot muster the remaining few cells to answer that question. Oh here goes a feable attempt. I think relevant as in trying, making some effort in your appearance. The English example of being irrelevant would be the curse of brown polyester trousers from Greenwoods, a poly/cotton Marks & Spencer shirt, beige dress socks and an oatmeal cardigan with faux leather buttons. Many many English Gentleman succumb to being visually irrelevant.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rye
really nice, I like the sweater. The white belt is a bit too much contrast imo though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Rye, perfect. Love the belt.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Band of Outsiders navy/white ticking stripe shirt
Etro black pinstriped blazer
Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot
RM Williams Chelseas

65ky2.jpg

Bonus pic:

Same jacket, boots, shirt, w/ cougars.

66qi2.jpg

Glad to see you're enjoying the blazer!
bounce2.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
-Black & white krama (because the back of my neck is a little burned, and also because I just wanted to wear it) -Jay Allen blank purple t-shirt -APC NS -Paul May

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those with a fetish for the outdoors:

Band of Outsiders
Uniqlo
Zara

70mj0.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice sauce, those shoes are great, i still havent figured out how to do a scarf during summer but you manage to do it well.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Sauce, fantastic fit and pic.

Originally Posted by braidkid
very nice sauce, those shoes are great, i still havent figured out how to do a scarf during summer but you manage to do it well.

Thanks, guys. Braid, the only scarves I wear in summer are scarves that have been designed for summer (or at least spring) wear, so maybe that's part of it? Wool's never going to look right, but linen, for example, ends up looking decent. The scarf also needs to be on the short side. I always struggle with it a little, because it's clearly an affectation--there are some practical reasons to wear them, but generally speaking those aren't really the reasons I'm doing it. I'm doing it because I like how it looks. But on the other hand... I *do* like the way it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads