• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
07062007.jpg
Top Man Polo (tailored it myself) RLPL Custom Fit Chino H&M super low ankle sock Rockport boat shoes

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friday003-1.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohhh, havent heard it yet....can't wait till next week.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
nyc-6-30-07b.jpg

Silhouette looks good, but the tie is a huge mistake, far too contrived especially because of the color. Your outfit wouldn't have been any less affective without this piece.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: III. Lento - Cantbile-semplice by Górecki: Upshaw/Zinman/London Sinfonietta from the record Henryk Górecki Symphony No. 3
SF157.jpg

45rpm indigo tee
45rpm Sorahiko 1 wash jeans
45rpm white leather belt
Cons.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
07062007.jpg

I'm sorry. Not being mean, only constructive. This is awful. The colors, the stance and the items are all bad. My Dad knows nothing about style but at the age of 55 he manages to be contemporary, relevant and comfortable.

Maybe this is one of those days we're you just stretched your abilities to put together an outfit a little too far. The polo color is awful, the fabric is below par and the collar proportion too. The trouser length is too short in the leg, too high on the waist. Get Smart could pull off these proportions but in white/off white with your skin tone, noooo!. The Boat shoes have lost the will to live, as well as shape.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

I actually disagree--I really like this fit from Rye. Looks loose, casual, and summery, and it's texturally interesting.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
ohh, how'd i miss this.....thanks!

hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

Probably the looseness of the silhouette, everything is a little sloppy today, comfort rules!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I'm sorry. Not being mean, only constructive. This is awful. The colors, the stance and the items are all bad. My Dad knows nothing about style but at the age of 55 he manages to be contemporary, relevant and comfortable. Maybe this is one of those days we're you just stretched your abilities to put together an outfit a little too far. The polo color is awful, the fabric is below par and the collar proportion too. The trouser length is too short in the leg, too high on the waist. Get Smart could pull off these proportions but in white/off white with your skin tone, noooo!. The Boat shoes have lost the will to live, as well as shape.
Haha, yeah. Today I happened to have a camera in my hand. Those boat shoes have been worn every day for the past 2 years or so, but I won't buy a new pair. The fabric is awful indeed, it is Topman, what do you expect. Have to disagree on the pants though, as I think you have the opposite problem. I see what you mean about the pic though so I'll kindly take it down before I get torn a new one by other members. Also, what is wrong with offwhite pants on light skin?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Haha, yeah. Today I happened to have a camera in my hand. Those boat shoes have been worn every day for the past 2 years or so, but I won't buy a new pair. The fabric is awful indeed, it is Topman, what do you expect. Have to disagree on the pants though, as I think you have the opposite problem. I see what you mean about the pic though so I'll kindly take it down before I get torn a new one by other members.
No, don't take it down. The point wasn't to be mean, but I couldn't pass this by. Criticism and praise should be dished out in equal measure, otherwise, whats the point of being a member here?. Constructive critique can still be an act of kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads