• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Blessed too are these lovers of the sole..

iammatt
Cusey
whnay
diorshoe, though he must reign in his decadent behavior
bengal stripe
panzeraxe
T4
Roger
zjpj
alanc
Virginia Dandy
Scnupe
Ambulance Chaser
Manton
sator

Doh....

AHarris
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
I've gone back and forth on liking/disliking the U last more times than I can count. Never seen one in person though. In this pics it looks fantastic. Other pics make it look really pointy.

Yes, I was a bit concerned as these are my first Vass and I wear size 45. I have read they look better in smaller sizes here on the forum, and thay may be true, but I could not be more pleased with the way they look in my size. I will proudly wear them tomorrow, with narrow no-break pants too.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Btw, thanks for all the kinds words fellas. Thanks again to the decadent seller.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blessed too are these lovers of the sole..

iammatt
Cusey
whnay
diorshoe, though he must reign in his decadent behavior
bengal stripe
panzeraxe
T4
Roger
zjpj
alanc
Virginia Dandy
Scnupe
Ambulance Chaser
Manton
sator

Good list Andrew,

I'm just a vicarious pretender, maybe one day a contender
smile.gif

But you left RJman off. He's just a damn franophile, francphile right?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Good list Andrew,

I'm just a vicarious pretender, maybe one day a contender
smile.gif

But you left RJman off. He's just a damn franophile, francphile right?

RJ is the master Shoe Fairy and I but his dedicated Padwan.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Sysdoc???

Chief Fairy emeritus....in abstensia, of course.
worship.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RJ is the master Shoe Fairy and I but his dedicated Padwan.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

worship.gif

But you are the kindest Fairy of all.
worship.gif
If you're Lilac, they're Carabosse.
laugh.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
worship.gif

How about Luk Cha as our Asian representative. You are the arbiter de chaussure!

And honorable mention to the esteemed centipede.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Great Vass.

I've gone back and forth on liking/disliking the U last more times than I can count. Never seen one in person though. In this pics it looks fantastic. Other pics make it look really pointy.

my friend, you never seen a vass u last in person?? then you must. when i get another u last (not mines) to handle , if you like i can ship to you so you can take a look for yourself. i will put in a paid ship label in there so you can send it back after you enjoy feeling and looking at it.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Doh....

AHarris
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have not posted in a while with the obscene audio purchases and all but jeez I would have thought the bespoke Lattanzis would get me at least an honorable mention.

First the Kiton fiasco, now this. Tough week.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
my friend, you never seen a vass u last in person?? then you must. when i get another u last (not mines) to handle , if you like i can ship to you so you can take a look for yourself. i will put in a paid ship label in there so you can send it back after you enjoy feeling and looking at it.

HELL yes. Incidentally I finally placed my first Vass special order today, though I went with the F last. I'd LOVE to see a U last in person. Actually, do you currently own any U last? I'd be happy to pay for the shipping...your offer to cover the return shipping is too much.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amazingly beautiful! Is that burgundy? What's the difference between reversed suede and calf? I can see the texture on the rear half of the shoe but the front half just looks as smooth as calf. Were the shoe trees especially made for boots or they were the same one for shoes?
They are dark brown. Reverse suede is what it sounds like - it is the other side of suede, which is of course not polished. When they polish the shoes they look like that. The forefoot has been polished more heavily, thus it looks less distressed. The trees are regular U-last shoe trees.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
HELL yes. Incidentally I finally placed my first Vass special order today, though I went with the F last. I'd LOVE to see a U last in person. Actually, do you currently own any U last? I'd be happy to pay for the shipping...your offer to cover the return shipping is too much.

well, i do have a couple of u ordered and in the making as we speak. a red cognac old english medallion and a burgundy blucher wingtip (budapest )full brogue U last.

as many already know, I did have owned u last before ,temporarily, before selling them for one reason or another (sizing, not requested sole, etc)

Chris, next time i get a U last to sell, i will ship to you to take a look.

well, by that time, you may already have your F last. alot of people like the F last around here including heavy hitters like jcusey , bengal, and the shoe fairy.
i personally love the U last. perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads