• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for Levis 501 in odd size W35 x 33L

kbuzz

Reaction score
Hi all

Im a die hard 501 wearer. But im an odd size 35W x 33L. Can anyone reccomend a reputable source for 501's who might carry such size. Id love to score a pair of the Big E's but at this size im just happy to get something that fits.

Ive tried on a few pair at the levis store and of course all 6 allthough labled 36 x 32 were all different sizes....

suggestions and or sources appreicated.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a 34 waist is going to measure 35 due to vanity sizing. Id be surprised if you couldn't wear a 33 after a couple hours of tightness. Why not get a 34x34 and hem them?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
Hi all

Im a die hard 501 wearer. But im an odd size 35W x 33L. Can anyone reccomend a reputable source for 501's who might carry such size. Id love to score a pair of the Big E's but at this size im just happy to get something that fits.

Ive tried on a few pair at the levis store and of course all 6 allthough labled 36 x 32 were all different sizes....

suggestions and or sources appreicated.

get shrink to fit size 36's and see if you can shrink them to 35?

kbuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
get shrink to fit size 36's and see if you can shrink them to 35?

thanks for the suggestion. The shrink to fit lavels says they will shrink anywhere from 1-3 inches. Is it just a question of chance to get them to shrink to the right size , or is it a process from wearing and washing a few times.

AS for the suggestion of hemming them, i should have noted in my post. I have never been able to find someone to hem levis and retaining the hemline close to looking like the original as opposed to slacks....

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
thanks for the suggestion. The shrink to fit lavels says they will shrink anywhere from 1-3 inches. Is it just a question of chance to get them to shrink to the right size , or is it a process from wearing and washing a few times.

AS for the suggestion of hemming them, i should have noted in my post. I have never been able to find someone to hem levis and retaining the hemline close to looking like the original as opposed to slacks....

I'm not sure about how much shrinking you'll get with the 501 stfs- I've always been nervous about that "shrink anywhere from 1 to 3 inches" range. Although they should stretch out and shrink down with wearing and washing.

As for hemming - you probably need to find someone who can do chainstitching (if just new), or do that original hem thing (if distressed). I know that self edge has a chainstitch machine and will do it for $15 if the jeans are brought in from outside (and free for full retail jeans bought there), and probably a few other shops as well.

p.trick

Reaction score
Capital E jeans are marked only by their waist sizes and come in a standard length of 34". I second Joel_Cairo's assertion that Levi's jeans run large as I have to size down one in the waist for every fit save for the 520s (for which I have to size down two). The 501s do not come in a 35" waist size, but a 34" waist should be fine for reasons previously mentioned. As for the STFs, a 34x34 would be expected to shrink 1" in the waist and 3" in length. Under your circumstances, I would just overshoot the inseam and get them hemmed if a little stacking keeps you up at night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads