• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
If anyone saved them or could find them, I know Chuck posted some guts pictures of Oxxford, and maybe others, some time back.

Interesting....

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
If anyone saved them or could find them, I know Chuck posted some guts pictures of Oxxford, and maybe others, some time back.

I remember that well, and it clearly showed a hand made canvas, and hand padded lapels and collar.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score

I am rather sure I have them on a back up drive at home, I will check tonight when I get in. Manton is correct, they show a hand sewn lapel. You know we are twisted when we have pictures of the guts of a jacket stored on a backup drive!
blush.gif

This is from my visit to Oxxford last year.

canvass1809xhy9.jpg

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
How do you define "hand made?"

And there lies the true debate.

What is
Hand Made, vs
Hand Sewn vs
Machine Made.

In my eyes,

Hand made is anything made without the aid of machines as I posted earlier in this thread.

Hand sewn is what it says it is,
all hand sewn, what most try to say Kiton should be that, but neither Kiton or Oxxford have ever claimed to be Hand Sewn, just hand made.

Everyone clearly holds their own interpretation of the definitions, and hence, the battle lines get drawn over fabric and a sticth!
Lets fight over chicks, it is a lot emor interesting!

G79

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Lets fight over chicks, it is a lot emor interesting
devil.gif
Quiet the idea!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got an Oxxford suit with moth-eaten pants at home. Maybe I'll cut it open, see what I find. Interesting thread. I don't think it matters what interest, if any, "The Truth" has in this, as the pictures don't lie. But I do wonder why he felt compelled to create a nom de plume for this project.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I've got an Oxxford suit with moth-eaten pants at home. Maybe I'll cut it open, see what I find. Interesting thread. I don't think it matters what interest, if any, "The Truth" has in this, as the pictures don't lie. But I do wonder why he felt compelled to create a nom de plume for this project.

With the amount of flack he got, I don't blame him.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
With the amount of flack he got, I don't blame him.

But a lot of the flack (albeit not all) centered around questioning his motives, etc.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
This is a mans jacket isn't it, a normal man sized jacket?

Personally I don't have a dog in the fight, but until I see the label I'm filing this under my BS alert tab.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But a lot of the flack (albeit not all) centered around questioning his motives, etc.

A lot of the 'flak' came from a small handful of posters. The majority including myself welcomed the post.

As I said before, I don't really understand the flak. If the post just contained the photos with no comments and posted by ANON, it would still come under fire from the same corner.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which, IMO, is irrelevant.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree.

Is A Harris "The Truth"?

Cast your votes.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
This is a mans jacket isn't it, a normal man sized jacket?

Personally I don't have a dog in the fight, but until I see the label I'm filing this under my BS alert tab.

That`s why I asked in the beginning of the thread.

Nothing against the OP, but all we`ve seen is the typical Cashmere tag and lining.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's a real Kiton, that's the truth.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Nothing against the OP, but all we`ve seen is the typical Cashmere tag and lining.

Yes. The OP can't show the label for "personal reasons". Also note the use of a rubber glove instead of a real hand, kind of throws of the scale.

I'm not saying the OP is a liar...OK I am, I just don't know what the OP is lying about and why.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads