• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ethnic comparison of body odor

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
White people smell like ignorance, cultural exploitation, oppression, and ketchup.

Awesome.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread stinks
laugh.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough, white people smell like racism.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Funnily enough, white people smell like racism.

3/10

jackassery

Reaction score
Anyone in the LA area that listens to Kevin and Bean knows that white people smell like mayonnaise.
This is from the unofficial Kevin and Bean blog:

From the 8/24/2006 show:
7:43 - Wheel O' Racial Stereotypes: White People Smell Like...Mayonnaise?
None of the boys had ever heard of this stereotype, but supposedly white people smell like mayonnaise. They called up black listener Annelle, who not only confirmed that they smell so, but they also smelled of old milk! He guessed it was from sun burns due to their lack of melanin, and referred to it as their 'white devil scent.' The boys tooks 3 calls in a row from others who also confirmed the smell, which proved it to be statistically true! Bean joked that he was going to go scrub during the commercial break, while Kevin wailed: "I hate the wheel! The wheel sucks!!"

For anyone not familiar with the show here is a quick summary of what the Wheel o’ Racial Stereotypes
is:

An exercise where the show takes a particular stereotype, such as ‘Jews are cheap’ then opens the phone lines to callers to determine if the stereotype is true or not. This “scientific” process has determined, for example, that Latinos never move out of the house, that black men have large penises, that old Asian men pick their noses, and that white people smell like mayonaise.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jackassery
white people smeel [sic] like mayonaise [sic].
Well I guess much like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so does "smell is in the nose of the smeller" ring true... first time I've heard of white people smelling like mayonnaise... but that's from the Black perspective evidently. From the Asian perspective, white people smell like cheese and meat.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
There is a biological basis for different kinds of b.o. among races. I heard that white and black people have larger sweat glands than Asians, and whites and blacks have a different conistency of ear wax than Asians, and there other things. Sorry my post does not include anything about Latinos, American Indians, Middle Easterners, Australian Aborigines, Eskimos, or Natives of the Americas.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Someone needs to start a thread on commentary between ear wax differences between the races.

So does anyone think a Japanese school girl in Tokyo smells like an old Betawi man in Jakarta? The question, at the very least, is overly simplistic.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
There is a biological basis for different kinds of b.o. among races. I heard that white and black people have larger sweat glands than Asians, and whites and blacks have a different conistency of ear wax than Asians, and there other things. Sorry my post does not include anything about Latinos, American Indians, Middle Easterners, Australian Aborigines, Eskimos, or Natives of the Americas.
I wonder if anybody knows if there's a biological basis to the axiom that darker-colored people have more pungent body odor than lighter-colored people. Speaking from personal experience, this has been true for me when it comes to Asians. The two strongest-smelling girls I ever smelled were from Vietnam and India. They were extremely pungent in odor (but not necessarily bad -- just "musky"). However I've known Korean and Japanese girls who have little to no discernible body odor -- even after repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
even after repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion.

I think "excercise" was better than activity or exertion.

"Good evening ma'am, we are scientists studying body odor, would you be willing to 'excercise' with us, perhaps even repeatedly? Not for a million dollars? Well, how about two?"

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I smell like sex and candy.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Satin Island smells, of Dakkar.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What kind of physical exertion and what part of their bodies smell pungent? I might agree with this...

this has been true for me when it comes to Asians. The two strongest-smelling girls I ever smelled were from Vietnam and India. They were extremely pungent in odor (but not necessarily bad -- just "musky"). However I've known Korean and Japanese girls who have little to no discernible body odor -- even after repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads