• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ethnic comparison of body odor

King Salmon

Reaction score
I would say that white BO is a bit spicy. Black BO is meaty, like pork. Hispanic BO is mostly like white. Asian BO is sour, more like what an accumulation of sweat smells like.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you have actual smell tests done?
smile.gif
I believe diet is somehow part of the equation for body odor.

King Salmon

Reaction score
Oh, yes, Indians smell like curry. The spices are sweated out.

dapperdude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Salmon
Asian BO is sour, more like what an accumulation of sweat smells like.

Like Asian sweat?

Smells more like rice to me.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it depends on the individual and their diets, but generally speaking East Asians smell less, while Whites smell like cheese and meat.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
White people smell like ignorance, cultural exploitation, oppression, and ketchup.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience (unlike some others in this thread), I find Asians to have the most subtle smell, and generally a bit sweeter than others. Like a strawberry milkshake.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does it bring all the boys to the yard?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Speaking from personal experience (unlike some others in this thread), I find Asians to have the most subtle smell, and generally a bit sweeter than others. Like a strawberry milkshake.
Strawberry milkshake?! Maybe perfume mixed with sweat... or maybe people who work on strawberry farms... but normal people smelling like strawberry milkshakes?
confused.gif
I'd be curious if black people smell like chocolate milkshakes.
smile.gif
Ha ha just kidding - j/k. Please don't take offense if you smell like a chocolate milkshake. I smell like a Banana milkshake. Nothing wrong with milkshakes of any flavor. There's a whole rainbow of delicious smelling milkshakes out there. I happen to prefer strawberry...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Strawberry milkshake?! Maybe perfume mixed with sweat... or maybe people who work on strawberry farms... but normal people smelling like strawberry milkshakes?
confused.gif
I'd be curious if black people smell like chocolate milkshakes.
smile.gif
Ha ha just kidding - j/k. Please don't take offense if you smell like a chocolate milkshake. I smell like a Banana milkshake. Nothing wrong with milkshakes of any flavor.

Maybe you'd prefer watermelons, kool-aid, or fried chicken? This thread is absurd, BTW. Asians smell like rice?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't mean literally that she/they smell like strawberry milkshakes, just that it's the best comparison in terms of body odor. A very "pink" flavor might be a better way to describe how I feel.

I have met one Asian girl who was more of a "mustardy yellow" smell, though I'm not sure if genetics were to blame. More likely hygiene.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Maybe you'd prefer watermelons, kool-aid, or fried chicken? This thread is absurd, BTW. Asians smell like rice?
I like watermelons and fried chicken, but kool-aid has too much sugar... Asians don't smell like rice. I have it on good authority that they smell like strawberry milkshakes. EDIT: Asians smell pink and sometimes yellow.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually Koreans sometimes smell of garlic and kimchee. Japanese can smell slightly of miso. Sometimes natto if they haven't showered for a while...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I smell like Karate, superior technology, and amusing 80's stereotypes mixed with haggis, broadswords, and British oppression.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7a261222943f4456bcfb49apo1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads