• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Your APC NS are some of the only ones i've liked the fit of. Most people's are a bit too baggy, or just off looking below the knee or in the thigh. Probably because you're tall(6ft right?). I guess a lot of other people are under 5'10 which makes a difference.
Oops, forgot to respond to this. Thanks, have another cookie. Yeah, 6'1" makes a little bit of difference, but if you're comparing the fit on me to the fit on the average APC-wearing SuFu denizen, I think that the main difference you're seeing is probably that my thighs are larger. I agree with you that most SuFuers who buy New Standards really want to buy Cures or New Cures, they just don't know it yet. My thighs filled out these New Standards when I first got them (before slouching and stretching), and now they're still slim but have a little room.

bigskydream

Reaction score
IMG_0848.jpg

Loden Dager shirt
5ep Low Down Rigid
Chucks

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
^^^ Looks good Soph.
Thanks, always love your style.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Very nice, soph. You seem to be a natural with jeans.
--Not a natural,, lots of trial and error
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Aries
Soph, you're one of my favorite posters on the MC thread. The colors, fit and textures of your outfits are second to none. Glad to see you're bringing the heat to this thread as well. .

-Thanks

Originally Posted by Eason
Those jeans look great on you, good fit and proportions

After some searching, I thought this style achieved what I'm after.

Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I think the ES are a good fit for you, are they fultons? Definitely prefer this slimmer/more tapered look to bootcuts, gives you a much cleaner vibe IMO.

Yes, they are fultons, I think they go well with the style of jackets I wear. I don't do bootcuts at all anymore because of the way my jackets are cut.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Not bad. My main criticisms would be that the light color of the jacket calls for a lighter color in the shirt, and that the jacket is a little long.

I'm okay with the color scheme. My jackets do appear long with this stance and hands at an up forward 90 degree style angle, but it's fairly standard classic measurements, it's covering my arse, about 1/2 my height etc., my hands can actually crusp the bottoms. But I do understand that many prefer shorter jackets with jeans on this forum. But I'm okay with it. I take one with my hands down it it doesn't look so long. And even Despos said the Borrelli jeans are wierd/ suck
wink.gif
lol Thanks for insights.

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Soph, I agree with LA Guy that the jacket is a bit long for wear with jeans. The jeans look good, though.

Thanks, Sauce, Yes, It can appear this way, I've had this same situaion come up on the Mens Forum. It's primarily the pose. I'll post a hands down version later. It will probably still be too long to the more rugged, fashion forward fans with jeans, but I'm okay with my particular style jux'es jeans with my jackets. PS- I dig your style, one of the best rugged, casual cool I've seen. I actually steer toward your style many times as many occassions I would look out of place and overdressed wearing Borrelli Attolini jackets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fuuma
The jacket looks very good and you're either an almost perfect fit for Attolini or your tailor did a terrific job to adjust it to your proportions. I really appreciate that as a guy that's more built than plain skinny you went for a good deal of waist suppression instead of the columnar look (think Thom Browne or Dior Homme). Jeans are also an excellent fit and seem to be a much better choice than the Borelli jeans or whatever you were looking at a few months ago..

I have Despos tailor my casual jackets with more waist suppression. The linen Borrelli uses is really nice and comfortable and of a substantial weight. I like linen and cotton jackets with jeans but not wool so much.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
The problem is that you're basically wearing an outfit that would look very good with say linen slacks and decided to switch for jeans for no apparent reason. If you want to wear something like that with jeans, considering the general style you affectionate, I would recommend lowering the "formality" of your dressier garments. The jacket should be shorter (colour is still good, although maybe not ideal with the black shirt as it evokes the eighties all black with light jacket to me), 1-2 buttons or maybe a very casual model (see A Harris wonderful safari jacket) and the shirt something like Drizzt always wear (think Band of Outsiders style). I do wear very dressed up jackets with jeans but my style is a lot more casual/deconstructivist/fashion forward so I don’t think you should/would follow my example.

I actually wear alot of jeans, it would be impossible for me to function socially without jeans due to my friends, age group, events etc. I'll stick to this length on jackets as I like the way it flows and it's not nearly as long as it appears due to this stance I'm showing, with hands down it's a classic length, and it's my own unique style; and I don't own any black dress shirts, that's Dark Navy. I usually wear this to dinner at a nicer restaurants etc. For certain situations it's just a t shirt and jeans for me and some ankle boots most similar to TheBaron.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigsky, I've dug your last couple posts--nice basic style, looks like it fits well. Maybe consider vneck tshirts though--I like wearing undershirts with polos and button fronts, too, but showing crewneck is just one degree less clean.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
bigsky, I've dug your last couple posts--nice basic style, looks like it fits well. Maybe consider vneck tshirts though--I like wearing undershirts with polos and button fronts, too, but showing crewneck is just one degree less clean.

I was just going to post exactly that--I always wear an undershirt with polos and buttonfronts in summer, but I like v-necks for that exact reason. This is where deep v's are completely appropriate, too--they don't work on me on their own, but they're great as undershirts.

bigskydream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

Thanks for the feedback shoreman and saucemaster. I'll give vnecks a try.

People talk a lot about how the Internet has changed their lives, and for me SF is one of the best examples. Being able to post pics and have stylers from all over the world give me immediate feedback is a cool thing...

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
The other option, if you want to show the crewneck, is to add some visual interest and unbutton the top three buttons or so. I do that a lot--I'm sure I must have posted outfits this summer already where I tried it.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Cure 360:

Surplus Tee w/ Ltd edition Farmers Tan
45rpm belt
APC Cure 31"
Perforated Vans

migo

Reaction score
Nice enough for a light sweater today.
IMG_0108.gif
Uniqlo merino sweater random tshirt Cheap Monday Adidas TGIF - get to hit the driving range today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Also - I bought my first pair of AE's yesterday...should come in next week
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Chris, the tee is drkshdw is presume?, looks great. Reminds me of Helmut Lang from six or seven years ago when he put straps on everything. Love it..where from?.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Cure 360:

Surplus Tee w/ Ltd edition Farmers Tan
45rpm belt
APC Cure 31"
Perforated Vans

+1 on the farmers tan

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wdwt90.jpg

vintage sears western

lvc 33

chucks

repainting my girlfriends new cheap crusier bike at my parents place:

wdwt90b.jpg

finished (purple metallic) + my dad in the background

wdwt90c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads