• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grizzly Bear VS Silverback Gorrila

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Bottlenosed Dolphins are actually quite the predator too. They've been documented killing smaller Harbor Porpoises, ganging up and killing sharks, young dolphins, and occasionally humans by ramming them with the tip of their snout at speed and savaging them with tooth and fin.

What?!? I thought that if you fell off your boat, a bunch of dolphins would come and swim you to shore. No?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
Btw, I think a pissed-off Hippo could take about anything on.

No joke, they apparently kill more people in Africa than any other safari "Hey look at that!" animal.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
No joke, they apparently kill more people in Africa than any other safari "Hey look at that!" animal.

They kill more people in the world every year than any other animal except the mosqito.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Highly questionable. Since hippos don't eat their victims, every one of them is accounted for. Many victims of large predators--lions, leopards, hyenas, crocodiles--are totally consumed and simply "disappear."

I gather in the past few decades many thousands of luckless Africans have been eaten by lions while attempting to cross from Mozambique or Zimbabwe into South Africa. Most have simply vanished, with only the odd tennis shoe left behind as a pathetic memento of their existence.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Highly questionable. Since hippos don't eat their victims, every one of them is accounted for. Many victims of large predators--lions, leopards, hyenas, crocodiles--are totally consumed and simply "disappear."

I gather in the past few decades many thousands of luckless Africans have been eaten by lions while attempting to cross from Mozambique or Zimbabwe into South Africa. Most have simply vanished, with only the odd tennis shoe left behind as a pathetic memento of their existence.

Fair enough. I was just repeating something I have read. In any case, they are at least dangerous and don't actually do ballet, so if you see one, don't ask.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
What about a Sumo Wrestler vs an Orangutan

Sumo "champ"??? laughable. Champ of Halo2 maybe.

But even Akebono probably couldn't budge that Orangutan... though I'd like to see him try.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The crocodile thing is particularly disconcerting. The accounts I've read are literally one second you're there, the next you're gone.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cape buffalo also is often rated as one of Africa's most dangerous, and I've read that they will actually lie in ambush for hunters (of course, when you're discussing a group of animals that includes lions, crocodiles, tigers, hippos, and the like, "most dangerous" becomes a relative term).

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What?!? I thought that if you fell off your boat, a bunch of dolphins would come and swim you to shore. No?
I remember watching a documentary featuring Robin Williams about dolphins or something, and they said that Dolphins are one of the few marine animals that ******** for pleasure. Knowing that, I'd be afraid of them getting 'too friendly' with me. For more information on this, consult the Church of Whale Penis at http://whalepenis.org/

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I remember watching a documentary featuring Robin Williams about dolphins or something, and they said that Dolphins are one of the few marine animals that ******** for pleasure.

Knowing that, I'd be afraid of them getting 'too friendly' with me.

For more information on this, consult the Church of Whale Penis at http://whalepenis.org/

dolphins are also known for ****- not uncommon for groups of male dolphins to gang **** female dolphins.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
dolphins are also known for ****- not uncommon for groups of male dolphins to gang **** female dolphins.

They should be tasered.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
The crocodile thing is particularly disconcerting. The accounts I've read are literally one second you're there, the next you're gone.

Oh, not necessarily. Here's a horrifying story that was told by one of the men involved to a friend of mine: A hunting party was standing on the bank of an African river conversing with each other when suddenly they heard a voice calling to them from help from beneath the riverbank. It turns out that it was an African native who had been taken by a man-eating crocodile. The croc has stuffed him, still alive, into a food cache the croc had excavated under the riverbank. The poor fellow was thrust into the cave, which already contained two decomposing human bodies, but enough of it was above the water level that he had air to breathe. He had lost an arm in the croc's attack, so he was unable to escape on his own.

Anyway, the hunters rescued him, and I guess he survived. One would have to wonder about his sanity, though. Being stuffed for hours, seriously injured, into a black hole with two decomposing human bodies while waiting for a pitiless carnivorous monster to return and devour you would be enough to inflict a helluva case of post-traumatic stress on the strongest of spirits, I should think.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, not necessarily. Here's a horrifying story that was told by one of the men involved to a friend of mine: A hunting party was standing on the bank of an African river conversing with each other when suddenly they heard a voice calling to them from help from beneath the riverbank. It turns out that it was an African native who had been taken by a man-eating crocodile. The croc has stuffed him, still alive, into a food cache the croc had excavated under the riverbank. The poor fellow was thrust into the cave, which already contained two decomposing human bodies, but enough of it was above the water level that he had air to breathe. He had lost an arm in the croc's attack, so he was unable to escape on his own.

Anyway, the hunters rescued him, and I guess he survived. One would have to wonder about his sanity, though. Being stuffed for hours, seriously injured, into a black hole with two decomposing human bodies while waiting for a pitiless carnivorous monster to return and devour you would be enough to inflict a helluva case of post-traumatic stress on the strongest of spirits, I should think.

that is a great story

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads