• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grizzly Bear VS Silverback Gorrila

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What about Muhammad Ali vs. Anti-lock brakes?
Psh, easy... ABS... they kill more people than they save... oh wait, or was that airbags?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
Mini Ditka.
ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg

DAAAAAAHHHH BEAARRSSSSSSS

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan

Lion vs. Hyenas.

Dang!

The hyenas were doing alright until daddy lion showed up. He's the terminator of beasts.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
Dang!

The hyenas were doing alright until daddy lion showed up. He's the terminator of beasts.

That's how male lions earn their otherwise lazy and privileged lives. They're some gladiator mofos.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend, when she is PMSing, will make minced meat of a grizzly bear

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at a lot of these animal fighting videos--the ones of wild animals supposedly fighting each other--I get the sickening feeling that a lot of them were deliberately set up and staged.

For pure pound for pound ferocity and tenacity when fighting, I don't know if there's anything much in the animal kingdom that can top a well-bred fighting dog like a Pit Bull or a Tosa. I got my current Tosa b#tch because when she was with her original owners, the neighbors' 100-pound Akita b#tch came on her property. Both females were in heat at the time. The upshot of it was that Tessa the Tosa killed and ate the Akita, and the owners couldn't handle it and gave her back to her breeder, a close friend of mine, who gave her to me after I had to put down her uncle for health reasons. Yet she is the sweetest, gentlest dog you could hope to find. If she didn't have the scars to prove it, I could scarcely believe she was a killer and a cannibal. She is wonderful with little kids. She will often lie down and let them roll around on her chest and tummy. I bet their parents would freak if they knew her history.

Her father was a pretty tough customer as well. One day the neighbor's Rottweiler, a large, well-bred Rott, made his way over and began fence fighting Bosu. Bosu smashed his way out of the sturdy kennel run made of heavy gauge wire and crushed the Rottweiler's skull. As a make-good Rick later gave his neighbor a young Tosa, so now the neighbor has a "real" dog.

Tessa's mother had to be put down after an accidental kennel fight with Tessa's aunt (her father's sister). The "winning" b#tch required $1,100 in veterinary bills (although Rick may have been ripped off by the vet). That must have been one hell of a fight!

I have heard of an incident in Japan in which a Tosa was pitted against a leopard and prevailed, although I find it hard to believe. If true, I suspect the leopard was a good deal smaller than the dog.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I have heard of an incident in Japan in which a Tosa was pitted against a leopard and prevailed, although I find it hard to believe. If true, I suspect the leopard was a good deal smaller than the dog.

I suppose it's possible--leopards are solitary hunters, and even an injury as minor as a broken leg could result in starvation, so they will almost always back down from confrontation if cubs aren't involved. Maybe it tried to flee, and realized only after too much damage had been done that there was no way to escape?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
Pound for pound, the wolverine is pretty badass.

Many rate the wolverine, pound for pound, as the most ferocious animal on the planet.

As for the original poll, either the Grizzly or the Polar Bear would make a Gorilla sandwich out of the silverback. I don't know about Grizzly vs. Polar Bear. I think it could go either way.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure B.J. Penn could beat all three. In the same night.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Many rate the wolverine, pound for pound, as the most ferocious animal on the planet.

I think the consensus is that pound-for-pound the most ferocious, bloodthirsty animal on the planet is the common shrew. I have heard it said that if the shrew were the size of a collie and maintained the same activity level, it would be by far the most dangerous animal on the planet.

I gather that recent studies indicate that the wolverine is actually a highly intelligent and very playful animal, much like his cousin the otter. This leads to the interesting possibility of whether it would be possible to tame and befriend a wolverine. I know this is possible with his very close relative the badger.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I suppose it's possible--leopards are solitary hunters, and even an injury as minor as a broken leg could result in starvation, so they will almost always back down from confrontation if cubs aren't involved. Maybe it tried to flee, and realized only after too much damage had been done that there was no way to escape?

in israel a few months ago, a lepard went into a families kitchen (in a desert village). the father woke up in the middle of the night, saw it and through a blanket over it and held it for a good bit of time before the police came. not that I would want to do that, but it makes me believe that lepards are a great deal more pussies than we might think. although, I have to say, this wasn't a cat in the prime of its life.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
in israel a few months ago, a lepard went into a families kitchen (in a desert village). the father woke up in the middle of the night, saw it and through a blanket over it and held it for a good bit of time before the police came. not that I would want to do that, but it makes me believe that lepards are a great deal more pussies than we might think. although, I have to say, this wasn't a cat in the prime of its life.

That particular example is still surprising--if I tried to do that to my housecat, she'd turn into an uncontrollable fireball in no time.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been cases on record of unarmed men killing leopards bare handed. I seem to recall that the noted naturalist Carl Ackeley did so in Africa once. It jumped him and he stuffed his fist down its throat and strangled it while crushing its rib cage with his knees.

The noted African hunter Charles "Bwana" Cottar was once jumped simultaneously by two leopards. He grabbed them and killed them by bashing their heads together. I suspect they were small leopards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads