• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arnie's the last at no 10

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's definitely a very intelligent and shrewd manipulator, kind of a genius in social settings. For proof watch Pumping Iron. He was kind of a pompous ass hole at the time but a pure master at psychologically destroying his opponents before they even stepped on stage.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
The Terminator 1&2 remain 2 of my favorite action flicks of all time.
blush.gif

Arnold was fantastic in those movies. Arnold as a robot? Perfect casting. There isn't a more robotic actor out there.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To entertain the crowds is now a sign of good acting?
Posh Spice can't sing and was part of one of the biggest girls-band in the world....
With a decent script ,good PR and a good cast ,i can entertain you.....
Arnold is not a great actor but he is a shrewd operator and a cunning politician...
His filmography is full of stinkers...Kindergarden cop,Twins ,the one when he is pregnant....
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!
Footballers are filling up stadiums with paying customers ,is that making them role models or fit for government?
What next? Pamela Anderson ? Tommy Lee?
They're more entertaining in many ways than Arnold !!!!!!!
Tom Cruise ,John Travolta,Sean Penn,George Clooney or Kevin Spacey are brilliant actors but i do feel Panzeraxe will not stand up for them...
I put Susan Sarandon in the list to give you a fit....

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
To entertain the crowds is now a sign of good acting?
Posh Spice can't sing and was part of one of the biggest girls-band in the world....
With a decent script ,good PR and a good cast ,i can entertain you.....
Arnold is not a great actor but he is a shrewd operator and a cunning politician...
His filmography is full of stinkers...Kindergarden cop,Twins ,the one when he is pregnant....
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!
Footballers are filling up stadiums with paying customers ,is that making them role models or fit for government?
What next? Pamela Anderson ? Tommy Lee?
They're more entertaining in many ways than Arnold !!!!!!!
Tom Cruise ,John Travolta,Sean Penn,George Clooney or Kevin Spacey are brilliant actors but i do feel Panzeraxe will not stand up for them...
I put Susan Sarandon in the list to give you a fit....

Is there any particular reason you write like a 13-year old teenage girl? Cool it with the exclamation marks and emoticons.

For the record, my favorite actor is Christian Bale followed by Kevin Spacey. My point was that an actor's primary motive should be to entertain an audience and not necessarily have all his movies be the equivalent of Citizen Kane. By that measure, Arnold should be considered a great actor.

Anthony Hopkins would have been horrible cast as Arnold in any of his movies and vice versa. It does not mean that Hopkins or Arnold are horrible actors. They play to different audiences and different genres.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Is there any particular reason you write like a 13-year old teenage girl? Cool it with the exclamation marks and emoticons.

For the record, my favorite actor is Christian Bale followed by Kevin Spacey. My point was that an actor's primary motive should be to entertain an audience and not necessarily have all his movies be the equivalent of Citizen Kane. By that measure, Arnold should be considered a great actor.

Anthony Hopkins would have been horrible cast as Arnold in any of his movies and vice versa. It does not mean that Hopkins or Arnold are horrible actors. They play to different audiences and different genres.

I dont know about the acting part but Arnold is a very shrewd man. He had been planning a run for governor for years. Carefully waited for the opportunity and jumped. A very successful real estate investor as well. If it had not been for Gary Coleman being on the ballot I would have voted for him.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
If it had not been for Gary Coleman being on the ballot I would have voted for him.

laugh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When we normally result to cynicism or personal attacks ,that's generally the sign of a lack of good arguments....
Your problem is wanting to make an badly hidden political statement ,defending Arnold's atrocous filmography .
I do hope that you're going down this way because the fact that you really think that Arnold is a great actor will be even more painful to apprehend.
To pursue your point between entertaining masses and acting quality ,an interesting parralel would have to be made with shoes or suits...
When a £50 shoes is doing the job and selling by thousands ,why do you go for the bespoke only worn by the happy few....
Quality...If this word means something for you...
If Arnold is a pair of sandals , i will personnally always go for the Lobbs..
I will not have any problems if you were defending the policies and reforms investigated by the man instead of making a fool of yourself in trying to defend one of the world's worst actor .

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When we normally result to cynicism or personal attacks ,that's generally the sign of a lack of good arguments....
Your problem is wanting to make an badly hidden political statement ,defending Arnold's atrocous filmography .
I do hope that you're going down this way because the fact that you really think that Arnold is a great actor will be even more painful to apprehend.
To pursue your point between entertaining masses and acting quality ,an interesting parralel would have to be made with shoes or suits...
When a £50 shoes is doing the job and selling by thousands ,why do you go for the bespoke only worn by the happy few....
Quality...If this word means something for you...
If Arnold is a pair of sandals , i will personnally always go for the Lobbs..
I will not have any problems if you were defending the policies and reforms investigated by the man instead of making a fool of yourself in trying to defend one of the world's worst actor .

Whats the point of arguing if there is no understanding of the central evidence? I think his movies are great, you think they are crap. You think people like George Clooney are great actors and more intelligent than Arnold? I say no way. Clooney is a doof and the best movie he ever made was Out of Sight. Have you ever seen Conan the Barbarian, Predator or Total Recall? He built an entire genre out of nothing, the blockbuster male lead action movie. He was perfectly cast for those roles, meaning anyone else in those roles would have made for an inferior movie. What has Clooney done? He's just "good looking" - seriously. He thinks making a boring movie in black and white is artistic. GTFO

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Whats the point of arguing if there is no understanding of the central evidence? I think his movies are great, you think they are crap. You think people like George Clooney are great actors and more intelligent than Arnold? I say no way. Clooney is a doof and the best movie he ever made was Out of Sight. Have you ever seen Conan the Barbarian, Predator or Total Recall? He built an entire genre out of nothing, the blockbuster male lead action movie. He was perfectly cast for those roles, meaning anyone else in those roles would have made for an inferior movie. What has Clooney done? He's just "good looking" - seriously. He thinks making a boring movie in black and white is artistic. GTFO

Well put. And for the record, I am a registered Democrat - I have no hidden political agenda in defending Arnold.

Your shoe analogy is also inept. Go back and reread my prior posts. If Anthony Hopkins is a pair of Lobbs then Arnold may very well be a pair of Jodhpurs for Polo. Different and completely suitable and appropriate for the use in mind.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and if you think any actor is only as good as his worst movie, all I can say is

K-PAX

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now Arnold has made Conan the barbarian?
He was only selected for his bodybuilding credentials....
I actually saw the movies you are talked about and they are crap and that is the understatement of the year.....
Maybe i have stopped smiling at the famous "I'll be back" a long time ago but everybody is nurturing at a different pace...
The argument is not about Arnold being intelligent or manipulative but about his acting ability...
And by the way ,what exactly are his political achievements outside repeating "hasta la vista"?
I'm interested in understanding a phenomenon difficult to apprehend on the other sie of the pond...
To be honest ,he is here a figure of ridicule but i'm interested in knowing if actually he has done something with the debt ,unemployment ,immigration before judging him as a politican...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be honest ,he is here a figure of ridicule but i'm interested in knowing if actually he has done something with the debt ,unemployment ,immigration before judging him as a politican...

This is hardly surprising
rolleyes.gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....I don't care one way or another but this poster is
laugh.gif

6ey3qs0.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads