• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technology Climax.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
One of my favorites is the SS Andrea Doria.

Built in the '50s. You are just intent on proving my point, aren't you?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I know it was built in the '50s. That's modernist.

A real modernist would know that modernism peaked in the '20s. Andrea Dorea was a Miami rest home compared to Ile de France and Normandie.

Jeffrey, I tried, in a spirit of genuine goodwill. We now return to our regularly scheduled contempt.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
But it doesn't eliminate those damned pixels.
Pixels are the "grain" of the modern era, man.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
A real modernist would know that modernism peaked in the '20s. Andrea Dorea was a Miami rest home compared to Ile de France and Normandie. Jeffrey, I tried, in a spirit of genuine goodwill. We now return to our regularly scheduled contempt.
If you mean by the Bauhaus or Adolf Loos, that was the beginning of modernism. People commonly refer to the mid-century as Modernist as well. I understand that you are contemptuous of '50s esthetics--witness your opinions on Brasilia--however, that does not negate the fact that the '50s is still considered Modernist by convention. Peruse this site: http://www.wright20.com/

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I understand that you are contemptuous of '50s esthetics

No, no. I meant my contempt for you, personally.

witness your opinions on Brasilia
Brasilia is a nightmare. Visit, and you will see.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, no. I meant my contempt for you, personally. Brasilia is a nightmare. Visit, and you will see.
Did your spirit of goodwill vanish as fast as those WMDs disappeared? I don't plan to visit Brazil, but I'll take your (biased) word on it. I think you're really obsessed with me in a Fraiser-esque sort of way.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, can you tell the difference between film and digital? Guess away...
smile.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Just out of curiosity, can you tell the difference between film and digital?

Guess away...

smile.gif

These photos don't show up on my work computer. Also, if they're on the internet, the analogue photos would be digital scans.

If this is anything like guessing which are the real or fake breasts, I'm bound to score high.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
These photos don't show up on my work computer. Also, if they're on the internet, the analogue photos would be digital scans.
Thats the punchline a-hole. Thanks for ruining it.
smile.gif
Everything in print media ends up as a digital picture, whether it was originally taken from film or not. Thats why digital photography makes a lot more sense to the professional print photographer.
If this is anything like guessing which are the real or fake breasts, I'm bound to score high.
Lets see how you do? http://sinsecticide.tripod.com/portf...ven_Copy_1.jpg http://sinsecticide.tripod.com/portfolio/canoe.jpg http://sinsecticide.tripod.com/portfolio/grid.jpg http://sinsecticide.tripod.com/portf...ain_Copy_1.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's good to have enthusiams, even frivilous ones, but it's best not to let said enthusiams cloud your mind to the extent that you think something is best because you like it.

I love ocean liners (and I came to love them when I was younger than you were when you started posting on this forum) but I have to admit that as technology they are inferior to modern transportation, and there is a reason why they are gone.

If you think that's one of the more frivolous obsessions I have, my other one is luggage.

I love high-end luggage. I wish they would put a complete book out. They have books on watches and pens, why not suitcases?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
+1. It's the same thing just in a diff format.

Jon.

*moment of panic*

Now that Jon thinks he agrees with me, I have to either A: Change his mind, or B: reverse my opinion tactfully and exit the conversation. Otherwise my credibility is completely shot!

smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics