• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arnie's the last at no 10

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
Look at Arnold's left sleeve. Is it down to his knuckles?!?

I was thinking the same thing. Even Blair's sleeves are too long, very sloppy looking.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our heads of state are not very sartorial nowadays but they've more important things than their suits to worry about!!!!!!
We elected them for their brains not their looks .
In the case of Arnie , i do not know!!!!!!!!!!!

paul_lynch

Reaction score
There was a previous photo of Blair looking just as bad:

leg break, sleeve length, lack of shirt cuff, jacket length (either that or his arms are seriously too short), shoulders too wide, and, possibly worst of all: loafers. All in all, a kid wearing his fathers suit.

G79

Reaction score
Whats the deal with arnies shoes! They look .. worn out for the lack of a better word

Fritz

Reaction score
I think, given Arnold's physique, his jacket is actually pretty good. It may be a bit on the long side, but if it were shorter, it would upset the balance in other ways. I mean, who wants a jacket that is almost as wide as it is long?
The trousers don't look that great, though. Perhaps they moved down a bit, as someone suggested.

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Do the hacking pockets look as distressingly out of place on a navy suit to anyone else?

I like the hacking pockets. I like the high gorge. The color looks good, but even Tony's jacket is too long.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
This topic was kinda covered before, they are actually nice shoes.

arnoldshoe.JPG

What are these? Moreschi? I've seen Moreschis with that kind of welt and stitching.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
Many people mistake "expensive" to be "nice".

+1

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
What are these? Moreschi? I've seen Moreschis with that kind of welt and stitching.

I would bet that they are Lattanzi. In my opinion, it's a crap shoot between whose shoes look better, and both of their suits are cut poorly. Blair's slippers look out of place with that suit.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iammatt said they were Stefano Branchini

The shoes keeck oss. I would love a pair like that, gator or not. Whether they are $2000 or $200. I wouldn't wear it with a gray suit though.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
iammatt said they were Stefano Branchini

The shoes keeck oss. I would love a pair like that, gator or not. Whether they are $2000 or $200. I wouldn't wear it with a gray suit though.

I must have missed Matt's post. I agree, I wouldn't wear them with a suit, at least not that suit. I really don't know which is the lesser of two shoe evils in this picture. For all I know, Blair's shoes are bespoke, but they look lame with that suit.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh come on, they both look terrible. Both of their pants have huge, sloppy breaks. Blair's jacket is stiff and barrel-like; the lapel roll is non-existent. His suit cloth has no depth. The overall look is very bland and lifeless. I'm not saying he looks worse than Arnold, but they're both bland at best.

Actually, I take that back; at least Arnold's shoes have some personality.

+1 U.S.A.!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They both look terrible, like a middle managers meeting for some new Hooters franchise in Oklahoma.

Blair's shoes appear to be mid-range loafers with a corrected grain finish and Arnold looks like some has-been wrestler in his tacky shoes and droopy suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads