• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AEs are not doing it for me. Where can I turn for comfort?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried them on in Saks before buying on ebay. They are nicer in person and the quality makes them worth the price of 8 pairs of Sketchers.

atroopan

Reaction score
Why are they hideous ?? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but comfort reigns supreme. I stand by my assertion that mephistos are more likely to be comfortable than the shoes usually reccomended on this forum. Ever wonder why people who walk around ALOT tend to go for Danskos, Birkenstocks, Eccos, & Mephistos as opposed to a leather soled AE. I am not one to speak on the beauty of an A/E over one of the above 'comfort' brands, but I seriously doubt the OP is dressed head to toe in Brioni while delivering these subpoenas - I don't think the Gatens are detracting from his overall look. And again - the pictures of mephistos on the internet always seem to make the shoes look much more clunkier than they really are.

Hope you like the new shoes Angel and they will serve their intended purpose. Just please remove the ridiculous mephisto tag on the sides of the shoes (it can be done) - that really is hideous.

troop
cheers.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atroopan
Why are they hideous ?? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but comfort reigns supreme. I stand by my assertion that mephistos are more likely to be comfortable than the shoes usually reccomended on this forum. Ever wonder why people who walk around ALOT tend to go for Danskos, Birkenstocks, Eccos, & Mephistos as opposed to a leather soled AE. I am not one to speak on the beauty of an A/E over one of the above 'comfort' brands, but I seriously doubt the OP is dressed head to toe in Brioni while delivering these subpoenas - I don't think the Gatens are detracting from his overall look. And again - the pictures of mephistos on the internet always seem to make the shoes look much more clunkier than they really are.

Hope you like the new shoes Angel and they will serve their intended purpose. Just please remove the ridiculous mephisto tag on the sides of the shoes (it can be done) - that really is hideous.

troop
cheers.gif

I am perfectly comfortable walking many miles a day in leather-soled shoes, though I don't do it every day. If I had a long day of walking ahead of me in NYC, I would always choose leather soled dress shoes over sneakers. I use hiking boots when I want the better grip rubber soles provide on dirt or snow or for weather resistance, but comfort is a function of fit and support, not cushioning.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Smiths are very comfortable, and edgier than your average shoe.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am perfectly comfortable walking many miles a day in leather-soled shoes, though I don't do it every day. If I had a long day of walking ahead of me in NYC, I would always choose leather soled dress shoes over sneakers. I use hiking boots when I want the better grip rubber soles provide on dirt or snow or for weather resistance, but comfort is a function of fit and support, not cushioning.

Not at all true. See my post above. Cushion absorbs the impact. This really isn't too mysterious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads