• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
However, the $29 shipping costs to Canada have killed my enthusiasm somewhat.

Yikes. What's up with that? Shipping to Canada isn't that much, especially for something like a tie.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$3000 BELTRAMI By BRIONI Tan 100% Linen Suit 46R ITALY

Is anyone familiar with Beltrami? What is the connection to Brioni?

c736_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1677&rd=1&rd=1

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
The tags look like Brioni. If it was a L we'd be fighting
smack.gif

d12a_12.JPG
The tag on the left? ****. I knew that looked familiar. I passed up a couple nice jackets that had that style inner tag, but no other tags on the piece. Really nice looking jackets. Well-made. When I first picked them off the rack, I thought "Saint Andrews" Maybe they'll still be there this week.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
d12a_12.JPG

The tag on the left?

****. I knew that looked familiar. I passed up a couple nice jackets that had that style inner tag, but no other tags on the piece. Really nice looking jackets. Well-made. When I first picked them off the rack, I thought "Saint Andrews"

Maybe they'll still be there this week.

I'm hardly an expert on Brioni but that tag looks like it.

mano

Reaction score
Beltrami is a mid level men's clothing store on Long Island that carries items "from t-shirts to tuxedos". They sell their own brand but this is not made by Brioni.

Drizabone

Reaction score
May I ask how it is that one can be sure either way about Brioni made in this case. There seems to be a view from some members that it looks like Brioni, and an emphatic nay from another. It seems rather silly of the seller to make a claim that can be easily disproved. Or is the point that it is difficult to establish either way?

That said, how can the inexperienced avoid a fake Brioni.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It can be easily proved, but not disproved. Among other things the size tag, detailing around the inside pockets and the anti-slip lining inside the pant waistband are all distinctly Brioni. No one else uses those exact details.

That being said the suit looks fairly vintage.

timeless

Reaction score
Beltrami is a store in Florence which manufactures and sells their own rather high end shoes and leather apparel. They also carry a limited selection of clothing that they do not manufacture but relabel so it's definitely possible that the suit was made for them by Brioni.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timeless
Beltrami is a store in Florence which manufactures and sells their own rather high end shoes and leather apparel. They also carry a limited selection of clothing that they do not manufacture but relabel so it's definitely possible that the suit was made for them by Brioni.

Beltrami, Florence:
http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...erty_id=315860

Beltrami, Great Neck, NY
biggrin.gif

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil..._clothing.html

Seems it can be both.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
But instead, you didn't pay $200+ for a used linen suit. I think you won this round.

Something I happened to see that caught my eye was this 60s-looking Abercrombie & Fitch dinner jacket: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Abercrom...QQcmdZViewItem

My size except for the stumpy legs, but I don't need one.

Interesting. So somewhere between being an outfitter and being the brand of choice for mall douchebags, Abercrombie was a full-fledged clothier?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads