• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Sale?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olemungu
I haven't tried EG's on so I am asking a question to the knowledgeable members here. I wear a 9E in my Park Avenues. What would be the equivalent size at EG? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you'll take either a 8.5F or a 9E equally well.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
They do this sale thing every year, right? So maybe after I get another pair of legs/feet grafted onto my body and have money to spare?

Twice a year. Next sale is early January.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
updated lists received this morning:

PLEASE SEE LIST OF SALE SHOES. ALL SHOES ARE £290 TAX FREE UNLESS MARKED OTHERWISE, PLUS SHIPPING.

Size 10 ½ Sale Shoes

Size 10 ½ B

Derbys
LIMERICK BLACK 606

Size 10 ½ C

Casuals
BELGRAVIA CHESTNUT 184

Size 10 ½ D

Oxfords
FAWSLEY BLACK 606

Casuals
MONTPELLIER BLACK 184

Size 10 ½ E

Oxfords
CANTERBURY BLACK 808 (2 PAIRS)
ISHAM BLACK 82
LICHFIELD BURNT PINE 82
CANTERBURY COGNAC SUEDE 888
LADBROKE CHESTNUT 606
FAWSLEY BLACK 888

Derbys
EXETER BLACK 888
HOLBORN DARK OAK 606 (2 PAIRS)
HOLBORN BLACK 606
SPEY BLACK 202

Monks
WESTMINSTER DARK OAK WILLOW 888

Casuals
BELGRAVIA FOX SUEDE 184
BELGRAVIA CHESTNUT 184
TOWNSEND BLACK 65

Size 10 ½ F

Oxfords
HYTHE BURNT PINE 888
CANTERBURY BLACK 808
ISHAM BLACK 82
BEAULIEU DARK OAK 82

Derbys
SPEY BLACK 202
ELMSLEY BURNT PINE 606 (Ridgeway rubber sole)
EXETER BLACK 888

Casuals
MONTPELLIER BLACK 184

** IF YOU WISH TO ORDER ANY OF THE SHOES PLEASE SUPPLY CREDIT CARD NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE, SECURITY NUMBER (LAST THREE DIGITS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD) AND BILLING ADDRESS, ALSO SHIPPING

PLEASE SEE LIST OF SALE SHOES. ALL SHOES ARE £290 TAX FREE UNLESS MARKED OTHERWISE, PLUS SHIPPING.

SALE SHOES SIZE 11

11C

Casuals
BELGRAVIA CHESTNUT 184

Monks
WALPOLE BLACK 202

11D

Oxfords
FAWSLEY BLACK 606

Derbys
CARTER DARK OAK 888 (£310.00 tax-free)
CARDIFF COFFEE SUEDE 202
ELMSLEY BLACK 202

Casuals
BARKSDALE COFFEE SUEDE 101

11E

Oxfords
ISHAM BLACK 82
CADOGAN FOX SUEDE 202
MALVERN MINK SUEDE 202

Derbys
HOLBORN DARK OAK 606
HOLBORN BLACK 606
SPEY BLACK 202

Casuals
BAMFORD BLACK 184

11F

Oxfords
HYTHE BURNT PINE 888
CANTERBURY BLACK 808
FAWSLEY BLACK 888
ISHAM BLACK 82

Derbys
ELMSLEY BURNT PINE 606 (Ridgeway rubber sole)
SPEY BLACK 202

Casuals
MONTPELLIER BLACK 184

IF YOU WISH TO ORDER ANY OF THE ABOVE SHOES PLEASE SUPPLY CREDIT NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE, SECURITY NUMBER (LAST THREE DIGITS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD), CARD BILLING ADDRESS AND SHIPPING ADDRESS.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Anyone know what the Cognac Suede looks like?

Yes. It's on the lighter side. It's a reddish-orange.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Westminster? Looks like it's a double buckle monk. The skyvalet website shows it with a double sole. Does it always come with a double sole (I prefer single soles as the double looks a little clunky for me)?

I'm tempted to buy these, but have my eyes set on JL Chapels. Perhaps I should just save my cash?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Isn't Westminster more like William? Anyway, there are relatively few instances in which I prefer a comparable JL to the EG version, but the William double monk is one. Jermyn II v. Oundle would be another. I do think that a William-style double monk (plain cap, pebble grain) looks better with a double sole.

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Anyone have the Westminster? Looks like it's a double buckle monk. The skyvalet website shows it with a double sole. Does it always come with a double sole (I prefer single soles as the double looks a little clunky for me)?

I'm tempted to buy these, but have my eyes set on JL Chapels. Perhaps I should just save my cash?

I have the Westminister in Dark Oak (888) with a double-sole. Very nice shoes and I highly recommend them - please refer to an earlier post by me on AAAC for pics. I also believe that the double-monk looks better with a double-sole.

Panzer

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have Westminster in willow oak w/ medallion and dainite sole. I agree this shoe benefits from a chunkier sole.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I have Westminster in willow oak w/ medallion and dainite sole. I agree this shoe benefits from a chunkier sole.
Got the Westminster on the 606 in Edwardian with double sole and I agree that this style should come with a beefy sole. However, once this shoe is made on the sleeker 888 or 82 last it might look very nice with a single sole. I am not a fan of the William (or the new William II), because I prefer a chisel toe with that style shoe. The classic Lobb that Manton refers to has a round toe/8695 last.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sysdoc
Got the Westminster on the 606 in Edwardian with double sole and I agree that this style should come with a beefy sole. However, once this shoe is made on the sleeker 888 or 82 last it might look very nice with a single sole.

I am not a fan of the William (or the new William II), because I prefer a chisel toe with that style shoe. The classic Lobb that Manton refers to has a round toe/8695 last.

Agreed. Mine is on 606, too. If I had this shoe on 82 or 888, I would go with a single sole, or possibly the HAF.

While we are on the subject, how does William II differ from William I?

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Agreed. Mine is on 606, too. If I had this shoe on 82 or 888, I would go with a single sole, or possibly the HAF.

Sorry to interupt, but what is HAF sole?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
Sorry to interupt, but what is HAF sole?

A sole that tapers from double to single width as to allow for a neater waist. I have it on a few of my MTO EGs.

First I saw of it was at L'Uomo, Montreal.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Shoes will be shipped within 28 days..."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads