• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Average Joes

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u should post some back and side views for the people how has your stretching been so far? did you size up or down? compared to your other nudies?
smile.gif
thanks

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't really worn them that much. I imagine they'll stretch like other nudies.

modual

Reaction score
I have the average joe. The back rise is about an 1" longer than RRDS which is too long imo

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the back rise mean?
do you mean the back part of the waist seems higher than the front?
ive noticed that in mine so far

they are only 2 days old and the waist is still a bit tight tho

otherwise i am loving the fit (like ive said way more comfy than the SJs i before, but with a similar cut)

truestorytravis

Reaction score
My 2 cents. I saw these at Context a couple weks ago. I hadn't seen a pair of Nudies that I liked since I bought my Staight Svens (quite a while back) until I saw these. The fit is spot on for me and the heavier denim feels much nicer to me than that used on the RR's. Due to the heavier material they feel more substantial overall which gives them a leg up when I compare them to my Japanese denims. As was mentioned before, the color is deeper than other Nudie denim which is another plus. I haven't purchased them yet because they are at the bottom of my "want list" right now, but one of these days I'm going to pick them up.

Dirk Benedict

Reaction score
What's up truestorytravis? You're right on about the denim-- heavy and dark.

Nudie describes the fit as

Ralf: waist to knee
Jim: knee to leg opening

I measured them and that is indeed the case. The back rise is less than 1/4 inch longer than the Ralf. If this fit doesn't become Nudie's best seller, I'd be amazed. Very universal.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dirk Benedict
What's up truestorytravis? You're right on about the denim-- heavy and dark.

Nudie describes the fit as

Ralf: waist to knee
Jim: knee to leg opening

I measured them and that is indeed the case. The back rise is less than 1/4 inch longer than the Ralf. If this fit doesn't become Nudie's best seller, I'd be amazed. Very universal.

It is a universal fit yes but i disagree about the back rise. I measured my joes at 1" longer than my ralfs in the same size.

Dirk Benedict

Reaction score
hhmm.

Perhaps some inconsistency in your pair. I've measured quite a few AJs and Ralfs.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After getting these hemmed, I really like them. I think the fit is great and the jeans are very comfortable and dressy even with the contrast stitching.

41yp5.jpg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you size up or something?

i sized down one and i have a bit of a tighter fit... the lower leg on mine seems more tapered (size 30)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
did you size up or something?

i sized down one and i have a bit of a tighter fit... the lower leg on mine seems more tapered (size 30)

I bought true to size (34). They might look less tapered because they are hemmed to have minimal break.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a pic i took a few days ago of the AJs that shows a little better idea of the leg opening width... I think the fact that the denim is super rigid makes it look like they're not super tapered. They're definitely not as slim through the calf than my mics or RRLs but they're not bootcut by any means.
44mm2.jpg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ill take a pic of my size 30s for you
perhaps i shoulnt have sized down?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
ill take a pic of my size 30s for you
perhaps i shoulnt have sized down?

If you like the feel of the jeans then it's fine... are they too tight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads