• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

Leslierc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
Wow you got lucky... they are definitely not supposed to do this. I just hope it wasn't a 42.
laugh.gif

I think Last Call might either be this week or next. I saw that there were a LOT of Kitons on the sale rack so, perhaps, the sales staff had been encouraged to point out to customers that they would honor the next mark-down for these particular garments. And, yes, it is a 42R.
smile.gif

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm when Last Call starts? I will make the trek if it's on this weekend.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were in F-burg Va this las weekend for a wedding and noticed a store called Carlton's for Men having a going out of business sale.

I didn't expect to find much but walked out with a pair of AE's 25%off. I got the Dryden in Brandy and there were two or three stacks of Park Avenues (everyone seems fond of those). Beautiful cordovan color I have to say, but I was looking for just this light brown.

Everything in the store is 24% off except suits and sports coats which are 30% off.

bob

Leslierc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
Can someone confirm when Last Call starts? I will make the trek if it's on this weekend.

I telephoned my salesman this afternoon and he told me that they are "ringing" merchandise this Friday (June 22nd). The result will be an additional 25% off sale prices.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leslierc
I telephoned my salesman this afternoon and he told me that they are "ringing" merchandise this Friday (June 22nd). The result will be an additional 25% off sale prices.

So I assume that's the start of Last Call? Usually (at Mazza at least) Saks/Neiman have their lowest priced sales at the same time. I'll call both today and if they are, my wife is going to be mad.

bryce330

Reaction score
So I assume that's the start of Last Call? Usually (at Mazza at least) Saks/Neiman have their lowest priced sales at the same time. I'll call both today and if they are, my wife is going to be mad.

This isn't Last Call, it's the second markdown - Last Call will probably be in about 2-3 weeks and be another 10-20% off.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't Last Call, it's the second markdown - Last Call will probably be in about 2-3 weeks and be another 10-20% off.

You always know the deal bryce, thanks. Looks like I'll be waiting.

Leslierc

Reaction score
You always know the deal bryce, thanks. Looks like I'll be waiting.

I used to refer to Last Call at NM as "finding a diamond in the rough" and it's my opinion that those diamonds have become harder and harder to find in recent years. As a matter of fact, at the last Last Call (in January??) I came on the first day and my salesman apologized for the dearth of merchandise.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leslierc
I used to refer to Last Call at NM as "finding a diamond in the rough" and it's my opinion that those diamonds have become harder and harder to find in recent years. As a matter of fact, at the last Last Call (in January??) I came on the first day and my salesman apologized for the dearth of merchandise.

That's a good point. If someone really wants a good selection of reduced price Kitons/Oxxfords, Turnbull shirts, Borrelli shirts, etc., now's the time to go, or on Friday when the next round starts apparently. There are diamonds in the rough for amazing prices at the Last Call sale (e.g., Oxxford slacks reduced from $600 to $200), but, the pickin's are catch-as-catch-can.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just at the Mazza Saks and four of the custom-made Kiton suits (discussed in an earlier thread) were still there - two in a medium grey, a navy DB, and a navy chalk stripe DB. With the additional 50% off, all of the suits were $1,000.

One of the suits had a tag that said "Special D. Snyder 2-button suit" and the salesman confirmed the suits were made for Dan Snyder.

They are marked size 42R but they seemed very short (in both the jacket length and arms) and fuller in the body than a typical Kiton 42. I would say that a 44S would be a more accurate size.

No way Dan Snyder is a 42R. He looks like a 40R or even a 38R.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Saks at Mazza today and picked up two pretty good deals. A pair of Barker Black punch captoe semi-brouge in black calf. Marked down to $325 from $695 and a nice Canali grey and blue windowpane sportcoat, also at about 60% percent off. I'd been admiring all the Barker Blacks for a while at the Saks, but couldn't justify spending $700. So, I was pretty ecstatic to find these in my size.

Also, I popped into the Filene's downstairs and found an interesting wool/cashmere green Belvest sport coat. It was marked at $600 with no sales tag, but it was on the sales rack. The man at the counter rang it up for $399 and said he'd give me 50% off, since it was on the clearance rack. The original tag from Louis Boston says $1775. Got it for $200. Good shopping day for me.

ardesco

Reaction score
I talked to a sales associate at Saks last weekend and he told me that the DC Saks at Mazza will be a "consolidator" store this year --- meaning that it will get the sales merchandise from 10 other Saks stores. He told me that the merchandise should arrive during the last 2 weeks in July.
smile.gif

Also, if anyone is looking, there's some mainline Zegna double-breasted suits at the Saks Outlet in Arundel Mills --- marked down to $700 or so from $2195.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I went to Saks at Mazza today and picked up two pretty good deals. A pair of Barker Black punch captoe semi-brouge in black calf. Marked down to $325 from $695 and a nice Canali grey and blue windowpane sportcoat, also at about 60% percent off. I'd been admiring all the Barker Blacks for a while at the Saks, but couldn't justify spending $700. So, I was pretty ecstatic to find these in my size.

Also, I popped into the Filene's downstairs and found an interesting wool/cashmere green Belvest sport coat. It was marked at $600 with no sales tag, but it was on the sales rack. The man at the counter rang it up for $399 and said he'd give me 50% off, since it was on the clearance rack. The original tag from Louis Boston says $1775. Got it for $200. Good shopping day for me.

What sort of design on the sole of the Barker Blacks?

Leslierc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
No way Dan Snyder is a 42R. He looks like a 40R or even a 38R.

He is or, at least, was when I saw several Kiton suits that had been made for him at Saks and were then on sale about a year ago. Apparently, there were about 6 Kiton suits he had custom ordered and then changed his mind. I am a 42R. The suits I tried on fit except for the short arms. That was the shame of it all - a $5K suit that I could have snagged for $1K, but the arm length was too short (the button holes on the sleeves had already been cut and stitched).

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid black with nails on the toe and the skull and crossbones symbol on the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads