• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Bank With Bank of America?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need you to transfer $25 into my account before 10:40PM Eastern time to avoid $140 in stupid overdraft fees.

I will send you the money via paypal or just transfer it back to you when my direct deposit hits at midnight.

usctrojan99

Reaction score
Why not borrow some money from a friend and go to an ATM and do it?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojan99
Why not borrow some money from a friend and go to an ATM and do it?

Sounds like friends and family are all back in Nigeria
devil.gif

lifersfc

Reaction score
If you carry any kind of decent balance on a regular basis, they will refund overdraft fees if you call them. Just make sure to fund the account quickly.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the BoA rep the only way to avoid the fees would be to instantly transfer funds from another BoA account.

I have money, but it would take too long to post to my BoA account. If I went to an ATM, the cutoff for all transactions in NYC is 5PM. The cutoff for online transactions is 10:45PM.

The way they post transactions to your account, even ATM withdrawals made me end up in the red for a few hours. Sucks im going to get $140 in OD fees because I bought a $10 pair of RLP swimming trunks, $4.99 breakfast at McDonalds, & some gas, all today up until 6PM.

They posted the ATM withdrawal from Monday first, which left me in the red. I like BoA because if I make a deposit at the ATM, the funds are immediately available. But they suggest I keep a 'register' of purchases to avoid this. Why even have paperless checking.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who attempted to help.

gracian

Reaction score
Yea, this has happened to me before with BoA. I liked them better when they were Baybank and then Fleet.

Those are good suggestions that you should argue the charges, especially if you are a good customer.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
Yea, this has happened to me before with BoA. I liked them better when they were Baybank and then Fleet.

Those are good suggestions that you should argue the charges, especially if you are a good customer.

personally. my favorite incarnation was the local Shawmut bank.

SantaCruzGuy

Reaction score
Stories like this remind me why I don't do business with certain banks such as Bofa or Wells Fargo.
They're basically thieves.
They're not there to help you, just help themselves
wink.gif

I dropped both those banks ages ago like a hot potato.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
According to the BoA rep the only way to avoid the fees would be to instantly transfer funds from another BoA account.

I have money, but it would take too long to post to my BoA account. If I went to an ATM, the cutoff for all transactions in NYC is 5PM. The cutoff for online transactions is 10:45PM.

The way they post transactions to your account, even ATM withdrawals made me end up in the red for a few hours. Sucks im going to get $140 in OD fees because I bought a $10 pair of RLP swimming trunks, $4.99 breakfast at McDonalds, & some gas, all today up until 6PM.

They posted the ATM withdrawal from Monday first, which left me in the red. I like BoA because if I make a deposit at the ATM, the funds are immediately available. But they suggest I keep a 'register' of purchases to avoid this. Why even have paperless checking.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who attempted to help.

Don't know BoA policies in particular, but I would assume they meant an instant transfer from another account in your name (like a savings account) and not an EFT or wire from another accountholder's account. I've never really heard of a bank allowing retail checking customers inter-customer instant transfers like that.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Don't know BoA policies in particular, but I would assume they meant an instant transfer from another account in your name (like a savings account) and not an EFT or wire from another accountholder's account. I've never really heard of a bank allowing retail checking customers inter-customer instant transfers like that.

You can do it overnight, but it costs money. IIRC, it's about $19.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
You can do it overnight, but it costs money. IIRC, it's about $19.

$19 lol, what a joke.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$19 lol, what a joke.

Yup. Service fees is the cash cow for banks and credit card companies.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He said, "from someone you know who banks with us" Since the direct deposit hit last night, the charges are showing to be deducted from that amount (new black balance) & only shows one item in red. If the OD fee is assessed for that item, I will call them & ask for a courtesy removal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads