• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayzum

Reaction score
dsp_dscn0204_edited.jpg

PBJ-007

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Band of Outsiders
Saint Andrews
APC
Paul Smith

24jm2.jpg

Would a 3-button jacket possibly not make your torso look quite so elongated and hence, make your legs look longer as well? Also, maybe next pick post two shots with the same outfit, one tucked in and belted and one of your usual untucked method for comparison, if you don't mind. Cheers

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.Harristhat shirt is just what the summer ordered. Cotton, linen, or?

jpgm

Reaction score
out for a delightful dinner tonight at star anise for my brother's farewell, before he moves to the UK...

myself...
WDYWT190607.jpg

trickers stow
skull 5010xx
country road belt
trovata button up
AA cardigan
generic beanie
thomas meihofer ring

and mrs jpgm...
TWDYWT190607.jpg

vintage boots
david jones stockings
billie and rose dress
billie and rose nordic cardigan
witchery belt
mimco studs
cartier bling

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
Would a 3-button jacket possibly not make your torso look quite so elongated and hence, make your legs look longer as well? Also, maybe next pick post two shots with the same outfit, one tucked in and belted and one of your usual untucked method for comparison, if you don't mind. Cheers

I've posted a few pictures with tucked shirts before, suffice it to say that I don't like it, so it won't be a consistent part of my wardrobe.

As far as three button jackets go, I like them and think they work OK, I've posted hundreds of pictures with them on here, but I don't necessarily think they do too much in making my torso look shorter. I think the reason my legs look a bit shorter in this particular shot is because of the stacking, but I'm satisfied with my proportions as they appear here. I think some three button jackets drape well, but as far as blazers/sportcoats rather than suits, I might prefer 2B.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Aren't you in LA though, where they call wearing a clean tee business formal and know flip flops and shorts are only for b. casual?
Heh, business casual is certainly alive and well here, but my firm has higher standards for client interactions which as a partner is something I fully support as I think it promotes a higher standard of professionalism.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meteo

nudie

lvc 33

birkenstock

wdwt86.jpg

visited an exibition about Indigo and denim:

wdwt86b.jpg

9 layers of indigo dyed fabric, all in different shades.

wdwt86c.jpg

aFancyHome

Reaction score
I really dig that whole outfit, but the Birkenstocks are pretty goofy looking I feel. You have that completly badass top, but the footwear really distracts and detracts, I feel.

That fits you really well though. Isn't it kinda hot? At least here, it was pushing the upper 80s, and I can't imagine wearing something like that. I'd melt.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aFancyHome
I really dig that whole outfit, but the Birkenstocks are pretty goofy looking I feel. You have that completly badass top, but the footwear really distracts and detracts, I feel.

That fits you really well though. Isn't it kinda hot? At least here, it was pushing the upper 80s, and I can't imagine wearing something like that. I'd melt.

thanks
I like the sandals+ raw denim look, but I guess its not for everyone. It was kinda chilly today, so the denim shirt + sandals where a compromise
smile.gif

seanchai

Reaction score
jpgm, your girl looks both hot AND cool. My brain tells me this is impossible, but my heart disagrees.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Sauce, white belt looks fine. Something soothing about white on top, middle and bottom only.

Diesel tshirt & watch
Prada glasses
Nudie finn
Paul Smith laceups

618picig5.jpg

excellent

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Classic trad casual, or tragic Gtown student/Strom Thurmond fan?

tradquestionmarkzu1.jpg

Listening to: Pissed Jeans--Hope for Men

maybe if was all pressed...it being wrinkled reminds me of boarding school prep look

so Id say tragic gtown student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads