• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prices Carmina shoes

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I have no experience with the brand and have read that a couple of the knowledgable members here do, I was wondering if you think a price of 190 Euros for a pair of them a good deal?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
Since I have no experience with the brand and have read that a couple of the knowledgable members here do, I was wondering if you think a price of 190 Euros for a pair of them a good deal?

Absolutely. I don't like all their styles, but the make certainly justifies that price. I think in Madrid they most retail in the 300-400 range.

ABALO

Reaction score
The price in Paris is around 350 €, except Cordovan...
I don't like their style either but the leather quality is quite OK compared to Weston or C&J

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ABALO
I don't like their style either but the leather quality is quite OK compared to Weston or C&J

I was just in Paris two weeks ago and picked up a pair of calf/suede brogues on the Rain last, they are my favorite pair of shoes right now.

Price was 325 € incld VAT.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ABALO

Carmina's leathers are definitely better than C&J and Weston. I am still kicking myself for not buying a pair when I was in Paris last year.

ABALO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Tell me where you can get them at that price please

4 Avenue de l'Opera 75004 Paris

Brujo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nobody hier from Mallorca, from Palma or from Inca?
Ningun Mallorquino que puede comprar los zapatos por nosotros?

The flagshipstore of Carmina is located in Palma de Mallorca and the factory outlet in Inca/Mallorca.
In Inca you can find the factory outlets of George's (George Coll), Barrats 1890, Munper, Lottusse and YANKO...

Reaction score
Last month I was in the Carmina's flagship store in Madrid. They have all models, colors and styles possible.

Prices range from €150 the penny loafers similar to AE Walden , to €230-250 for the Good Year welted and channeled calf shoes in all styles (oxford, derbys, monks, loafers, tassels). Cordovans costs €440. All prices VAT/sales tax included.

This summer I will be in Majorca for a week, and I will visit the factory shop, what a dangerous visit, to empty my wallet.

kennethpollock

Reaction score
I bought two pairs of Carminas in Paris; one in November, 2004 and the other in November, 2005. I was very happy with them until just recently; especially their appearance and the way they held their shine.
However, I then took the newer pair to Italy on a 10 day trip. One thing I had previously noticed about them, that they seemed a little bit stiff and did not flex too well while walking, really came home to roost. I tried wearing them 12-16 hours per day on my trip, while walking around 10-12 miles per day. The "little" stiffness I noted became far more pronounced and they made me miserable. I rubbed one heel and one little toe raw, simply because the soles of the shoes did not bend well.
By the way, I have the same problem with a pair of Westons; they seem fine for sedentary wearing or even light walking, but they begin to kill me after long walks.

Fritz

Reaction score
I have bought two pairs this year, here in Germany: a pair of calf semibrogues for 289 € and a pair of Dainite soled boots for 330 €. I'm very happy with them so far.

stevebernardthomas

Reaction score
hi this is my 1st post here. sorry to revive a dead topic.

does anyone have any idea of the current prices at the carmina boutique in paris? just a general price range will suffice, and if possible, also the prices in comparison with c&j in paris.

thanks

HHD

Reaction score
They had a notice in their window recently declaring that Paris prices were now the same as those in Madrid (previously Carmina Paris had been pricier). I bought a pair of Cordovan boots there for 450 euros (an absolute steal - they are terrific boots). As far as I can remember, these were the most expensive shoes in the shop.

Leather shoes were around 250-350 euros if I recall correctly. Cheaper than C&J where prices are 350-550 euros. In terms of quality of build and in comparison to the prices of English shoes available in Paris, Carmina is very good value.

I happen to prefer C&J shoes and styles in calf leather, but love Carmina's Cordovan. Plus I enjoy the atmosphere and service in C&J's Paris boutiques.

stevebernardthomas

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, HHD. much appreciated.

i don't have much to spend, so it's between 2 pairs from carmina and 1 pair from c&j.

momma said 2 is better than 1.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics