• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Eason Jordan, you've let yourself go.
frown.gif

Who is Eason Jordan? I'm Eason Chan
bigstar[1].gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylez
You need a larger size in that jacket. #1 Sleeves are too short
I believe we've gone over this before...
#2 The jacket is too tight in the mid-section. It seems to be squeezing your inards. #3 Armholes are too high or tight. I bet you can't raise your hands more than 60 degrees in that jacket.
Actually it's not very tight at all. There's a term for the visual effect of the jacket tapering near the waist, rather than being boxy. It's called waist suppression. Perhaps you've heard of it? As far as the arms go, I have pretty much full mobility while wearing the jacket, and the armholes aren't tight whatsoever.
#4 +1 on the Jeans need hemming, and they are too wide of a cut to be worn with such a small jacket. Say if you were to wear that jacket again, id suggest you leave all the buttons open to reveal more of a relaxed look. This jacket doesn't work for me when worn like that^^.
I agree with the fact that the jeans need to be hemmed. I'm sorry you feel the jacket doesn't work for you, good thing its my jacket and not yours, then.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Disagree. With your build, a fuller cut jean is going to be your best friend. Your slim jeans are only going to do one thing - make your body look like a mushroom. The ones you wore a couple pages back (the uniqlos?) really looked great on you, they create a lot more balance to your silhouettte.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I feel that a fuller cut (at least until mid-calf) appears sloppy. I'm not opposed to bootcuts that start at mid-calf like the 5EP LDB, and potentially the BOLA.

I think there's a seemingly large disconnect between how I appear in pictures and how I do in real life. I'm not 5'11" 250 or something like that, which would appear to be extremely disproportionate. While my drop is somewhat larger than the norm, 6'1 220ish isn't really all that big, at least not in the US.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drizzt,
the only thing I would object too is that the jacket has a bit too short sleeves (but as a pretty slim but broad shouldered guy myself, I know how common too short sleeves are on clothes that otherwise fit fine).
The jeans looks great, and definitly doesnt need to be hemmed. A small cuff could be nice though.

Stylez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I believe we've gone over this before...

Actually it's not very tight at all. There's a term for the visual effect of the jacket tapering near the waist, rather than being boxy. It's called waist suppression. Perhaps you've heard of it? As far as the arms go, I have pretty much full mobility while wearing the jacket, and the armholes aren't tight whatsoever.

I agree with the fact that the jeans need to be hemmed. I'm sorry you feel the jacket doesn't work for you, good thing its my jacket and not yours, then.

ok! Sounds Good! Hopefully you didnt take any offense in my previous comments.

Marrakesh

Reaction score
Going to the Club:
(Shirt: Cotton Fabric, Blazer: Dior, Pants: Hugo Boss, Belt: Armani)
blauschwarzjt3.jpg

Street:
(Shirt: New Made to Measure Shirt, Jeans: Versace, Belt: Armani)
masshemdqs3.jpg

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Someone forgot to fasten a couple buttons...

Nothing personal, Marrakesh, but it just plain looks bad.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Someone forgot to fasten a couple buttons... Nothing personal, Marrakesh, but it just plain looks bad.
Why are you such a freaking turd?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol Matt.

The shirt fits well, Marrakesh - I'm not digging the shorts combo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads