• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea man, I just dont like ti how blue bee rips everybody the **** off...they put **** on sale in the store but its always for retail online

so you m ight be paying more then the guy who wlaks into their store and buys them during the sale time

their sale is in august or sept or something though

and as for pulling them off.. almost anyone can if there somewhat stylish and have soome confidence

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind spending the money if I know I'll have whatever I'm buying for a long time, otherwise I wouldn't spend the money at all. But I do feel like I'm being a ripped off, slightly. Because the brogues were only 420 at saks.
confused.gif

I think I'll get over the feeling once they arrive though.
smile.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea
Im going to take all my paul smith brogues to a cobbler and get a slice of thin vibram put on the soles....
I dont think you can send em back to paul smith to get the soles replaces if they get worn out

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Black EG Ripstop for $199 at Barney's Co-op at The Grove.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't think many from this forum visit the other parts to where they wouldn't have seen this...but I think some will appreciate it (non fashion purchase, so excuse me):

"Warbowl", 2002, Dominic Wilcox

pirate004.jpg

pirate006.jpg

offline100

Reaction score
Recent streetwear:

APC NSes
Lacoste Korben Croc sneakers
A Burberry polo
J Press ribbon belt (red/green)
Club Monaco shorts

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Carpe Diem Boots-50% 0ff at Barneys Los Angeles. Absolute Bargain. They have sizes available so anyone interested should head over. I paid around $600 inc tax. I'll post pics probably on Monday.
The white patent Dries shoes I picked up a few weeks ago are down to $350.

SoCal, I love that bowl, I 've seen it in Los Angeles for sale but I can't place where.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rye, I cant wait for you to post pics so please do ASAP
thanks

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Carpe Diem Boots-50% 0ff at Barneys Los Angeles. Absolute Bargain. They have sizes available so anyone interested should head over. I paid around $600 inc tax. I'll post pics probably on Monday.
The white patent Dries shoes I picked up a few weeks ago are down to $350.

SoCal, I love that bowl, I 've seen it in Los Angeles for sale but I can't place where.

50%, wow that's extremely rare....good deal. What models did they have in stock?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just called they had a pair of clogs and two models with zippers in the back

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
50%, wow that's extremely rare....good deal. What models did they have in stock?

Only the clog and the one I purchased. It has a zipper closure, ivory lining. The inside heel has the rounded edge which I love. The lace ups were not on sale. To be honest the lace up model at Barney's look like the inferior ndc brand.

Coulomb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Only the clog and the one I purchased. It has a zipper closure, ivory lining. The inside heel has the rounded edge which I love. The lace ups were not on sale. To be honest the lace up model at Barney's look like the inferior ndc brand.

tried those on....i found them to be very uncomfortable and the sizing was kinda odd (small), i ended up buying the regular lace ups which were unfortunately retail

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some new socks. Style is Monkey Business. On my next trip, I'm going to purchase some more of these socks. They had some really neat patterns.

P8270001.jpg

$25 from J. Novachis in Edina

Also picked up a pair of charcoal cargo cords from Masons for $16 (90% off) from Len Druskin

If you're ever in the MSP area of Minn., check out J. Novashis. It's a quaint little men's wear shop that has their own MTM shirts, as well as a great collection of Euro designers I've never heard of. Some of the German designers had some really cool prints. The shop owner was very friendly and very knowledgeable. He was the only one working too, so it's a very small place.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I've been going to MSP to visit the bf for the past few months and mainly just check out Hurbert White and Neiman Marcus to buy something just to buy something (living in NY what are they going to have I can't find here, right?).

I'm going back this coming weekend and will check out J. Novashis and that other place if Mason's is 90% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics