• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating in DC

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
dump her

Nah, she's been good to me.
tounge.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Ha! My gf is actually recovering from ACL surgery she had two months ago. She's not very slow, but we can't walk fast either.

Well, it's obvious she needs to get her act together.
tounge.gif

It's not fair to you that you have to walk around with a cripple. But you're right, an hour can feel like a decade when you're hungry.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vapiano sounds great -- made to order pizza, pasta, and salad for cheap. Just opened up a location at 1800 M Street, a short stroll from where the OP lives.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Vapiano sounds great -- made to order pizza, pasta, and salad for cheap. Just opened up a location at 1800 M Street, a short stroll from where the OP lives.

Went to the Arlington location a few weeks back. Didn't like it one bit. The place is a mess, IMO.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of pizza. I went to 2Amys the other day. Frankly, it was good, but I wasn't that impressed. The wait was more than 30 minutes even though they said it wasn't going to be more than 15. My pizza, the puttanesca, was too salty. My gf and her friend got something else, but both were kind of bland. The dough was good though. The desert was mediocre, and way overpriced. They charged 5 bucks for a canoli! In any case, the food was good, but way too overpriced for what it is.

Oh, I found some restaurants in Falls Church and promptly went to a Pho place yesterday. What a satisfying meal that was.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks promising. I'll give it a try.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
late night eats:

annie's paramount steakhouse on 17th is open til 1:30 on thursdays, and 24-hours on friday and saturday.

in dupont there's tryst, and the diner, the latter of which is open 24-hours and reasonably priced. tryst is pretty fun to hang out at and they have a decent selection of food and drinks, plus they close at like 2 AM.

up wisconsin is the georgetown cafe, which is 24 hours, but i really do reccomend trying steak & egg eatery at least once, a greasy diner way up wisconsin near tenleytown that mostly ends up catering to drunk frat boys, but it's really, really good and the staff for the most part is pretty fun to talk to when it's not busy.

also mon cheri, which was already mentioned, has a killer pita pizza for 4 dollars.

edit: oh **** and i forgot booeymonger's and quick pita in georgetown. they're both pretty good, quick pita is open til around 2 AM i want to say.

migo

Reaction score
Vapiano looks nice...can't wait to check it out. Has anyone tried Zengo in Chinatown? It's quite pricey but I went there for a birthday once and it was quite good. Also, OP, I just got an apt at bon wit
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that the place that's like asian/mexian fusion? i keep passing by it in chinatown, but i always end up at wok n roll for their happy hour sushi.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Went to the Arlington location a few weeks back. Didn't like it one bit. The place is a mess, IMO.
Well, it's no Komi.
smile.gif
The food wasn't worth the price you paid?
Originally Posted by migo
Has anyone tried Zengo in Chinatown? It's quite pricey but I went there for a birthday once and it was quite good.
Zengo has great, if pricey, drinks. (Try the cucumber mojito!) I have heard that the food is not up to the level of other places in Penn Quarter, however.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
Also, OP, I just got an apt at bon wit
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Welcome, Bon Wit neighbor!
smile.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
is that the place that's like asian/mexian [sic] fusion? i keep passing by it in chinatown, but i always end up at wok n roll for their happy hour sushi.

Yup - in fact, their website is www.modernmexican.com

pieflashxj0.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to the one at 18th and M for lunch today - it was quite good! A few things I liked were 1) they serve coke in a glass bottle - the small ones (a recent thread by Calvin1663 extolled the virtues of coke from glass bottles), 2) when you ask for "Parmesan cheese" they give you the real stuff - shaved, 3) nice, bright red, leather-like club chairs and low tables, fireplace - very lounge-like, chill music, 4) they have cocktails, wines, mixed drinks, etc., 5) all pastas and sauces are made fresh daily in-house, and they use only natural products without any preservatives or additives.

I tried the "crudo e fichi" pizza -- prosciutto di parma, fresh figs, honey from acacia blossoms, tomato sauce, mozzarella - with two little glass bottles of coke. Yummy.
smile.gif

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Speaking of pizza. I went to 2Amys the other day. Frankly, it was good, but I wasn't that impressed. The wait was more than 30 minutes even though they said it wasn't going to be more than 15.

That was my impression of Two Amy's as well. Matchbox makes better pizza, IMO.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it's no Komi.
smile.gif
The food wasn't worth the price you paid?

You're right. There is only one Komi.
smile.gif

No. I don't think I will be going back. One is also opening on H between 6th and 7th.

Zengo has great, if pricey, drinks. (Try the cucumber mojito!) I have heard that the food is not up to the level of other places in Penn Quarter, however.

I agree on Zengo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads