• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asian Women Represent! Miss Japan crowned Miss Universe 2007!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright then I must admit, you guys are right... I was probably swayed by the fact that she's so tall (one of my weaknesses) and the fact that she's a dancer (another weakness) and she's Japanese (big weakness) so... my judgment is tainted... She wasn't even the tallest girl...
74e46a034e484b32a70a0b0mh5.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
+1. Miss Japan looks way to Lucy Liu-ish aka the type of Asian chick white dudes lust after. Judging simply by those pictures I'm surprised she was even crowned Miss Japan.

Miss Korea is hot though. Typical Korean actresses' look.

I always get a kick out of white guys with yellow fever going after every single ugly girl just because she's asian. I haven't figured out if they simply can't tell, because they're another race, or they're so pathetic they don't care?
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new wallpaper:

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I always get a kick out of white guys with yellow fever going after every single ugly girl just because she's asian. I haven't figured out if they simply can't tell, because they're another race, or they're so pathetic they don't care?
laugh.gif

Well, it depends on the white guy with yellow fever, but 95% of the time Asiaphiles simply can't tell AND they're so pathetic they don't care... and even if they could spot a truly beautiful Asian woman, they certainly wouldn't be able to date her, because most Asian women can spot Asiaphiles a mile away and quickly run the opposite direction when they encounter one, so Asiaphiles have no choice but to date the women who will allow themselves to be dated by Asiaphiles (almost exclusively not the pretty ones - as they have already been snapped up by Asian males who recognize true beauty, and because the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race). Furthemore, many Asiaphiles are major "otakus" who are so into "Asian Culture" (like Manga or Anime or J-Pop) that they'll just go up to any Asian woman they can find -- it looks to the casual observer that they only go after every ugly Asian girl because they only end up with ugly Asian girls, but some of the braver ones have attempted to talk to non-Lucy Liu types (i.e., pretty Asian women) and are quickly met with a dirty look and a cold shoulder -- and then sometimes a punch to the face by the pretty Asian girl's Asian boyfriend. Of course there does exist that 5% of non-Asian men who are attracted to Asian women, are able to tell which ones are pretty, and can and have dated truly beautiful Asian women who are every bit as gorgeous as the current Miss Universe (like Nantucket Red, Ratboycom and myself, for example).

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Does the Korean one look like she has some european heritage? She looks very "white" to me.
This is an interesting phenomenon that unfortunately feeds into a stereotype... basically there's a correlation whereby the prettier the Asian girl, the more "Western" she will appear to the casual non-Asian observer. Unfortunately the reverse of this axiom by extension is that the more "exotic" or the more "Asian" a girl looks, the uglier she is... i.e., if she has small eyes with a single eyelid fold, she's not as pretty as an Asian girl with bigger eyes and a double eyelid fold (also known as the Palpebral fold or the Epicanthic fold). Or if she has a "round face" she's not as pretty as a girl who has a more oval-shaped face, etc. etc. Miss Korea is, of course, 100% Korean, but the fact that some people see her or other beautiful pure Asians as looking kind of mixed should simply be interpreted to mean that they're very beautiful by universally recognized standards. I posted examples of extremely beautiful pure Asian women on the "overrated beauties" thread and other people posted that they thought they were mixed as well... so it's a common misperception in non-Asians. There are tons of Asian girls who, in an attempt to be more beautiful, get plastic surgery to look more "Western". It's a huge industry! So if you want to compliment a beautiful Asian girl, and really make her day, tell her she looks like she has some European heritage and that she looks very "white" to you, and then stand back and watch her beam!!!
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting plastic surgery is very accepted - nay, expected - in Korea. A Korean plastic surgeon was quoted as saying that 80 percent of the participants inthe Miss Korea beauty contest had undergone plastic surgery (http://www.lostnomad.org/2006/09)
cossurgerymalaysia35097lt8.jpg
Plastic surgery is prevalent throughout Asia... here's a before/after example from China:
xin59070107125596932287zo9.jpg
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_512105.htm And of course Korea:
0122xlo7.jpg
eunjungchae361419dww4.jpg
jewelly3619b46vq9.jpg
Japan: Hamasaki Ayumi
yumiah360f736wf1.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even guys do it:

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Well, it depends on the white guy with yellow fever, but 95% of the time Asiaphiles simply can't tell AND they're so pathetic they don't care... and even if they could spot a truly beautiful Asian woman, they certainly wouldn't be able to date her, because most Asian women can spot Asiaphiles a mile away and quickly run the opposite direction when they encounter one, so Asiaphiles have no choice but to date the women who will allow themselves to be dated by Asiaphiles (almost exclusively not the pretty ones - as they have already been snapped up by Asian males who recognize true beauty, and because the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race). Furthemore, many Asiaphiles are major "otakus" who are so into "Asian Culture" (like Manga or Anime or J-Pop) that they'll just go up to any Asian woman they can find -- it looks to the casual observer that they only go after every ugly Asian girl because they only end up with ugly Asian girls, but some of the braver ones have attempted to talk to non-Lucy Liu types (i.e., pretty Asian women) and are quickly met with a dirty look and a cold shoulder -- and then sometimes a punch to the face by the pretty Asian girl's Asian boyfriend.

Of course there does exist that 5% of non-Asian men who are attracted to Asian women, are able to tell which ones are pretty, and can and have dated truly beautiful Asian women who are every bit as gorgeous as the current Miss Universe (like Nantucket Red and myself, for example).

This is is a really good summary, though you also have to take into consideration that most of the foreign guys with a serious thing for Asian women (at least in Japan) are not the pick of the litter in terms of looks, and a vast majority have low-paying English teaching jobs. You have to pay to play with the most beautiful women and have style and substance into the bargain.

I'll make a concession for any guy who dates below his level if he does it to learn the language and then trade up, but most of these guys end up finding marginal girls who speak English and nurse them through any situation involving Japanese, poor dumb bastards.

The main reason I like Japanese women is that they're patient, caring, affectionate, and refined. Beauty is a bonus. Those are great qualities in any woman. Guys who have a thing for the exoticness of Asian women and consider being with one a sort of status symbol are pretty pathetic, IMO.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race
Good post, but I had to point out one thing, I do not think this is limited to Asians. The most beautiful women of any race generally do not date outside of there own. Of course, there will always be exceptions but this is my observation. As a white male, I have to say I do not see many non-white men dating beautiful white women at all. Maybe I am just more observant to my own race, I do not know.
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
The main reason I like Japanese women is that they're patient, caring, affectionate, and refined. Beauty is a bonus.
+1 I couldn't agree more.

victory

Reaction score
Well, it depends on the white guy with yellow fever, but 95% of the time Asiaphiles simply can't tell AND they're so pathetic they don't care... and even if they could spot a truly beautiful Asian woman, they certainly wouldn't be able to date her, because most Asian women can spot Asiaphiles a mile away and quickly run the opposite direction when they encounter one, so Asiaphiles have no choice but to date the women who will allow themselves to be dated by Asiaphiles (almost exclusively not the pretty ones - as they have already been snapped up by Asian males who recognize true beauty, and because the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race). Furthemore, many Asiaphiles are major "otakus" who are so into "Asian Culture" (like Manga or Anime or J-Pop) that they'll just go up to any Asian woman they can find -- it looks to the casual observer that they only go after every ugly Asian girl because they only end up with ugly Asian girls, but some of the braver ones have attempted to talk to non-Lucy Liu types (i.e., pretty Asian women) and are quickly met with a dirty look and a cold shoulder -- and then sometimes a punch to the face by the pretty Asian girl's Asian boyfriend. Of course there does exist that 5% of non-Asian men who are attracted to Asian women, are able to tell which ones are pretty, and can and have dated truly beautiful Asian women who are every bit as gorgeous as the current Miss Universe (like Nantucket Red and myself, for example).
To be fair, there are many Asian American males who are exactly the same. (I am Asian American myself) I have always had a thing for Asian women but my standards have definitely risen since I moved to Korea. I've also visited Japan about 6 times in the past two years. I think a lot of it is just difference in tastes. I think a lot of guys in America like girls who look more "sexy" or perhaps "exotic." This is usually accomplished by makeup. I remember when my cousin came to visit me in Hawaii and showed me pictures of Kim Tae Hee for the first time. I thought she looked too plain. Hyori was much more my type. Since I've moved to Korea, I've realized that Kim Tae Hee is actually more of a "natural" beauty. Not to say that Hyori isn't pretty but my standards have changed. I would much rather go for someone who is pretty, even without makeup as opposed to someone who has to put on a bunch of makeup to look pretty/hot. These days in Korea, there's a transition going on where girls obviously want to be "sexy" but still, most try to keep their makeup somewhat minimal and natural. It's kind of funny, though because plastic surgery is so common in Korea. They try to make themselves "natural" beauties through plastic surgery. Don't know if that makes sense but...

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the white guy with yellow fever, but 95% of the time Asiaphiles simply can't tell AND they're so pathetic they don't care... and even if they could spot a truly beautiful Asian woman, they certainly wouldn't be able to date her, because most Asian women can spot Asiaphiles a mile away and quickly run the opposite direction when they encounter one, so Asiaphiles have no choice but to date the women who will allow themselves to be dated by Asiaphiles (almost exclusively not the pretty ones - as they have already been snapped up by Asian males who recognize true beauty, and because the vast majority of pretty Asian women date within their race). Furthemore, many Asiaphiles are major "otakus" who are so into "Asian Culture" (like Manga or Anime or J-Pop) that they'll just go up to any Asian woman they can find -- it looks to the casual observer that they only go after every ugly Asian girl because they only end up with ugly Asian girls, but some of the braver ones have attempted to talk to non-Lucy Liu types (i.e., pretty Asian women) and are quickly met with a dirty look and a cold shoulder -- and then sometimes a punch to the face by the pretty Asian girl's Asian boyfriend. Of course there does exist that 5% of non-Asian men who are attracted to Asian women, are able to tell which ones are pretty, and can and have dated truly beautiful Asian women who are every bit as gorgeous as the current Miss Universe (like Nantucket Red and myself, for example).
Well, I think I should be counted in the 5% too. I think I did well at choosing my girl (although, admittedly photos do not do her justice, does anyone else notice that perspective can really change how much an Asian looks?). Also Im not a Yellow fever havin, weeaboo, with bad skin, and horible personal hygene/style. I have dated plenty of American girls in the past. I think the style element is what really saves ****** from people just grouping me into the nerds who I share my Japanese class with. It seems that my college is a haven for poor predictable wannabe ota (which is a terrible thing, dispite them thinking that being an Otaku is "Cool") who sit around the cafeteria and stare at the Japanese/Korean/Chinese/HK girls with a lustful eye. I just want to get up and smack the **** out of them sometimes. Just grab them by their loose fitting, animu or fail band, shirts (with leather gloves on, of course) and tell them that those girls hate them, and nothing will ever allow them to live out their perverted fantasies about anime characters with said girls. Recently on a "chan" forum there was some hideous dude postin pics of him and his ugly chinese girlfriend (facial prastic... err umm, Plastic, surgery could have done her good). There was a fair amount of guys saying they were fudgly but equally there were people saying she was "hot" or "cute" made me shudder. I mean this girl (not to say something this horrible, but the guy brought it upon himself) had both over pronounced cheek bones and Jaw bones, so her face kinda dipped in a lot between cheek and jaw but was the same width top and bottom. hard to explain I guess, but yeah... About those pictures you posted (the latest ones) Amerikajin: holy Shiiaaatt. those after pics are pretty damn good. And is it just me or does Ayu seem to look more and more white every year. Lately she has been looking super white/western, like she should have stopped a couple years ago.
Originally Posted by The lucky Bastard himself
The main reason I like Japanese women is that they're patient, caring, affectionate, and refined. Beauty is a bonus. Those are great qualities in any woman. Guys who have a thing for the exoticness of Asian women and consider being with one a sort of status symbol are pretty pathetic, IMO.
+1, I have met very few white girls who were as caring, affectionate, and all around purely good nice people and at the same time hot, when compared to my girlfriend/a large amount of my Japanese women friends I am trying hard to be able to speak Japanese and my goal is to be able to be fluent or at least fluid enough to do more than "get by" around Japan.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess that I am the only one that finds rooting on a country or race in the miss Universe pageant even weirder than overly personalizing one's attachment to a sports team.

When a non-Asian wins do you throw something at your television and yell "damnit, we were robbed!!!"?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I guess that I am the only one that finds rooting on a country or race in the miss Universe pageant even weirder than overly personalizing one's attachment to a sports team.

When a non-Asian wins do you throw something at your television and yell "damnit, we were robbed!!!"?

Constantly... GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads