• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
Heh, I was just going to throw that in, post you already replied.
I realized the title of the thread in a more literal sense.

I think that having a thread where people frequently post their normal, everyday outfits (as well as the occasional standout) is actually pretty valuable, because it gives you a good sense for where certain posters are coming from when they give advice, critique a brand, etc. It helps a lot to know what SuperBobo's style is, how Rye dresses, etc. Puts things in context. I personally find that it helps a lot with sizing stuff, too--when someone who I know from this thread has really skinny legs says that Cheap Mondays have "plenty of room" and "aren't that tight", I know that the same thing might not be true for me.

Also, I know that I get immensely bored with my own outfits at this time of year in particular, which is one of the reasons I'm glad we have a few Southern Hemisphere posters.

Aries

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soulstylist
...the outfits might not stand out in the context of SF - but most of them do on the street/club/workplace - the thing that's called 'Real Life'...
+1, I think what makes outfits stylish is that the articles of clothing fit the person's body appropriately, and that the colors and textures of the ensemble mesh together nicely, and the fact that the person is wearing clothing that is weather and occasion appropriate.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Dinner in Tribeca (one of my "stock images"):

Thom Browne grey 3btn roll 2 suit
Thom Browne white oxford
Thom Browne grey tie
Cloak black suede/grey canvas oxfords (not in the pic)
1950s Longines

thommy003.jpg

thommy004.jpg

nvizible

Reaction score
Very sharp-looking SoCal. The only thing I'm not with you on is the whole sockless thing... but that's a personal question, I guess
smile.gif

Saucemaster: looking fab. Especially those shoes. What are they?

- me.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is fresh to death, love it bobo just don't wear those heinous looking birkenstocks again. They're one of Socal's don'ts, trust me. That outfit is perfect.

thanks! nice to hear.

im sorry to say that the birks will soon be back again. I dont really think its that much of a dont with thong style sandals here in sweden, and basiclly Ive just ripped of the raw denim + brown birkenstocks from the japanese take on casual americana (as seen on hinoya and such) anyway..im a rip off, yes
musicboohoo[1].gif

i think that the main thing here is that people dont have a clue wtf im doing ..

Borky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster

wayw0601.jpg

wayw0601stalkingddml.jpg

I looked page several pages, but I couldn't find anything. What jeans are those? I've been looking for a similar fit for a while.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
talk about boring outfits....

same as yesterday...different t and shoes.

saturday002-2.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Borky
I looked page several pages, but I couldn't find anything. What jeans are those? I've been looking for a similar fit for a while.

Regular Ralf Dry Greycast.

joshua_robert

Reaction score
Yes, but weren't they tapered?

I am undecided about my new boat shoes with jeans... Is this look okay? or should I save the boat shoes for shorts?

sperry.jpg

Penguin | APC NS | Sperry

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
No way, Birkenstocks are great (Closed Toe) open toed versions are well abused with the crippled and discolored toe nail crowd, the horse hair ones are a holy grail, only seen them in HK in small sizes. Personally I prefer the Birky's to boat shoes!.

What do you know you ain't a californian homey. Tie your laces foo b/c you're trippin.

Originally Posted by itskub
No offense, but is anyone else bored with the looks here? Most of what I see are 'safe' outfits. Nothing too stylish. I admit lots of the stuff I wear is just that, though I dont think theres a point to post a picture. Its like kind of going in circles.

For example if you go on a guitar forum, youll see dozens of people posting covers of ACDC riffs; nothing new or intresting.

Just saying.

Agreed to this and sauce's response.

Originally Posted by Aries
+1, I think what makes outfits stylish is that the articles of clothing fit the person's body appropriately, and that the colors and textures of the ensemble mesh together nicely, and the fact that the person is wearing clothing that is weather and occasion appropriate.

Perfect. This is the reason I've been wearing obnoxious colors (well not really) and putting various things together mostly centered around my white pants that I've been rockin the hell out of.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I suppose I was feeling a little dark today:

expresset9.jpg

Lightweight black fabric Express racer jkt, black AA T, 5EP straight rigid, black Chucks, Glycine Incursore.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wdwt79.jpg

bit Frankensteins monster steez, but anyway...
I love the shirt/jacket thing. Vintage military work wear, i belive, that I altered the collar on. my new favourite piece of clothing (except the lvc 33s anyway)

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^is from last night.

heres for hung over today:

off to school again..

wdwt80.jpg

wdwt80b.jpg

hm hat

thrift shirt

lvc 33

lgc wallet

vans x addict

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Love today's outfit, SuperBobo--particularly the shirt with those shoes. The hat is good, too.

Chris.

Reaction score
6-3-07.jpg

h&m cardigan
tsubi scoop neck
ann demeulemeester mesh tank
acne jeans
raf rip offs
raf double zipper bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics