• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ocean 13 style

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha are you kidding me? Brad Pitt is the same ******* character every time
plain.gif
Same as Clooney. Please do not ever recommend that anyone ever watch Seven Years in Tibet

I do apologize for the Jude Law connection to acting though.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I definitely take that back.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea cuz theyve been in Oceans 3 times???? I think your comparing them using only their roles in those three movies...or two since the third one hasnt come out yet....

Brad Pitt was a totally different character in recent movies such as Babel, Snatch, and Fight club. If you watch his older movies such as Kalifornia and Legend of the Falls you can further see the difference in character.....

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Soph that Pitt's outfit looks the best ... smashing, actually. Clooney and Damon look okay, nothing great. I'd be more than happy to see people in real life dress like this.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Brad Pitt also wears his clothing much better then the other two. And he pulls of wearing sunglasses extremely well....

seanchai

Reaction score
Jude Law cried in Closer and even though he was just acting, for some reason I can't disassociate him with a bawling baby.

I think they look pretty good. I've seen better looks in MC of course, but they look *cool* which is something you see a lot less of on the Internet clothing chat boards.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly... you can dress well like poepel on MC...

but i think they dress well and look cool...

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Sure they don't look like they walked out of T&A, Brooks, or whatever it is you think embodies "classic style," but that's the point.

People who look like they walked out of Brooks look poorly dressed.

People who look like they walked out of Turnbull look garishly dressed, at least to my American eyes.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
I'm not sure I'm with the collar comments either. None of the collars seem too high and Pitt's might look a little large but seems like your everyday average 3" point or semi-spread. Maybe I'm missing something
blush.gif

For me, the collar points don't seem especially long - it's the height of the collar bad or at least how high the collar is sitting (relative to his neck) in that particular shot.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not discussing acting chops of those 3, only their looks.
I have to say that if you think Brad Pitt looks cool or stylish on this pic then you are 100% Amjack . Un-tuck your striped shirt immediately and pull out your oversized shades.

They (Cloony & Pitt) look exactly like a bunch of American tourists in Europe desperately trying to look stylish in order to blend in, while sticking like sore thumbs.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I am not discussing acting chops of those 3, only their looks. I have to say that if you think Brad Pitt looks cool or stylish on this pic then you are 100% Amjack . Un-tuck your striped shirt immediately and pull out your oversized shades. They (Cloony & Pitt) look exactly like a bunch of American tourists in Europe desperately trying to look stylish in order to blend in, while sticking like sore thumbs.
What I'm realizing from mosts of your posts is that you're quite narrow minded and self centered. If it's not dkzzzz's aesthetic, then it's whack. I guarantee these guys look better than you any day of the week, regardless of what they are wearing.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that if you think Brad Pitt looks cool or stylish on this pic then you are 100% Amjack . Un-tuck your striped shirt immediately and pull out your oversized shades.

They (Cloony & Pitt) look exactly like a bunch of American tourists in Europe desperately trying to look stylish in order to blend in, while sticking like sore thumbs.

Well then show us how it's done.

I imagine you dress more or less how you write so it would be interesting to see. Or at least fun to see what people write about you.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Well then show us how it's done.

I imagine you dress more or less how you write so it would be interesting to see. Or at least fun to see what people write about you.

Yah right? If he's so well versed in how to dress and be stylish, perhaps he should enlighten all of us.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your talking like they are dressed like most college or yuppie clubbing tools who wear their striped shirts untucked with jeans and glasses inside a club at midnight. Only damon is wearing a striped shirt...donttell me you never have or peopel who wear striped shirts dont look good because that would mean a lot of poeple on this forum look bad. No ones shirt is untucked. No one is wearing jeans. They all look good in glasses. I think they pull it off really well and if you put them up against your self or someone from AAAC or MC, many will agree that all three of the guys in the picture look better then people dressed up on here. Its a different style. Its not yours but that doest mean it looks bad. Pulling out your striped shirt and wearing oversized glasses does make most guys look like a tool. But you can wear the striped shirts, blazer, sans tie, with sunglasses look if you pull it off right nad they are doing just that...

mattjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Your talking like they are dressed like most college or yuppie clubbing tools who wear their striped shirts untucked with jeans and glasses inside a club at midnight. Only damon is wearing a striped shirt...donttell me you never have or peopel who wear striped shirts dont look good because that would mean a lot of poeple on this forum look bad. No ones shirt is untucked. No one is wearing jeans. They all look good in glasses. I think they pull it off really well and if you put them up against your self or someone from AAAC or MC, many will agree that all three of the guys in the picture look better then people dressed up on here. Its a different style. Its not yours but that doest mean it looks bad. Pulling out your striped shirt and wearing oversized glasses does make most guys look like a tool. But you can wear the striped shirts, blazer, sans tie, with sunglasses look if you pull it off right nad they are doing just that...

Absolutely. I'm sure there are outfits within the film that I personally would prefer (they change them often enough) but all three look great. Christ, they have more style than many or most of the up-tight fellows on here who rigidly follow rule books.

ineffable

Reaction score
i don't understand how you could possibly say that Brad Pitt is poorly dressed in that picture. that is all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads