• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ocean 13 style

maxevans

Reaction score
Plenty of suit styles on the casts but the first thing attracts me are the shirts worn by George Clooney and Brad Pitt. These shirts seem to have large, upright collar. What is the name and collar style name of such shirts?

ocean-s-thirteen-0.jpg

calvin1663

Reaction score
i only know this cause i saw an ad in a magazine yesterday, the clothes are ike behar, i believe

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxevans
Plenty of suit styles on the casts but the first thing attracts me are the shirts worn by George Clooney and Brad Pitt. These shirts seem to have large, upright collar. What is the name and collar style name of such shirts?

It looks like a lot of the collar height is an effect of having their shirts unbuttoned to mid-chest.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or these guys look absolutely lame.
What would you think of these three if you never knew who they are and just saw these 3 douches in some airport lounge?
The only guy who looks remotely natural is Matt. He looks like a sports reporter or undercover policemen.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I detest charcoal suits worn with pale yellow shirts.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
What would you think of these three if you never knew who they are and just saw these 3 douches in some airport lounge?
The only guy who looks remotely natural is Matt. He looks like a sports reporter or undercover policemen.

Damn, that is harsh. I like the way Matt is dressed. However, I'm neither a reporter or undercover policeman, so I take it that I shouldn't try to copy that look?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I took a break from banging two supermodels in my million dollar mansion to look at this picture, and I must say agree with the rest of the winners on here that those guys are really lame.

mendel

Reaction score

"Gentlemen, you are inside. Remove your sunglasses."

One guy wearing very lightly tinted sunglasses inside can be cool. But as soon as someone else does it too it's not cool anymore, and three guys all sitting together inside with dark sunglasses on? No.

(That said, that's the most unflattering angle to be photographed from.)

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heh, yeah, but in the context of the movie or their characters, maybe it makes sense.
confused.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I don't get when *you guys* critique the wardrobe of a MOVIE, and somehow put upon it your own oh-so-terribly-refined taste of how some movie character should be dressed

They look fine in that pic, it definitely suits their characters and lifestyle. Get over it, or show us how it's done with your own wonderful photos of sartorial excellence, esp Mr Dkzzz (perhaps if they had AK-47s they wouldnt look so douchey)
musicboohoo[1].gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pitt's the only one with any color cordination and style in this pic; if he would lose the highlights in his hair it might look decent along with the oversized collar and he should button his cuffs. At least he has some kind of flow and color scheme with the jacket and shirt and pants. And minus the monster elevator shoe lifts he wheres. The plus is he has style.

Clooney is way to drab and yellow on that dark suit looks LAME. Clooney though is the CEO so he always dresses with the dark CEO leader suit. Usually he looks like a mortician but hey the dude is Clooney so who wouldn't want to be 50 and pulling young girls left and right.

Damon looks poorly dress, I dont see where anything flows together whatsoever. And he needs to unbutton his top button for that Vegas cool feel. But Damon's characters has always been that of the NERD wannabe hustler so perhaps it fits that he never looks that great or enlighten.

I quite like the movies as they have some witty dialogue especially the first one.

TheNightFox in O12 was the most stylish though despite some fit issues.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I don't get when *you guys* critique the wardrobe of a MOVIE, and somehow put upon it your own oh-so-terribly-refined taste of how some movie character should be dressed

They look fine in that pic, it definitely suits their characters and lifestyle. Get over it, or show us how it's done with your own wonderful photos of sartorial excellence, esp Mr Dkzzz (perhaps if they had AK-47s they wouldnt look so douchey)
musicboohoo[1].gif

Agreed.

I think they all look pretty smooth. Pitt's collar may be distractingly high, though I'd have to see it from another angle to tell if that's really the case.

I don't like the look of Damon's light khaki jacket w/ darker pants but it works perfectly for his character - trying to be as confident and cool as Ocean & Rusty but not quite there.

If they followed a lot of the inplicit advice in this thread, they'd look all wrong.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

musicboohoo[1].gif

I am commenting on their looks, movie characters or personal life styles aside.
Clooney looks like an old woman wearing a suit.
Pitt looks like a middle-age scumbag who is still into clubbing and has Myspace page to chat with underage girls.
They look like douches.
Perhaps it is intended look for their characters, but in real life I would've laughed if saw those two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads