• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Biting Tiffany
The Brian Simmons Project
Dave Matthews Band
The Snappers
All Colors are Orange

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
I must commend your use of the year of 1988 in combination with Skrewdriver, though. You are sending some pretty covert "hile hilter lol" messages here, and I hope that the Rahowa listeners of StyleForum are receiving them.

That's impressive. I never even picked up on the (19)88 when I first read it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Strap in for a Bergdorf Goodwill, Content Machine MEGA POST.

Your life's course was altered by those advertisements on television c. 1996 that lauded the greatness of Fist of the North Star (THESE JAPANIMATIONZ AINT UR DADDYS CARTOONS) in such a way that you now wish the characters on Samurai Champloo would kick science regarding more relevant, conscious subjects. Why can't they kick it like Native Tongues can? You are awaiting a Maaya Sakamoto/Do.Make.Say.Think/Eyedea collabo.

David_Bowie.jpg

And when I get excited, my little China Girl says, oh baby, just you shut your mouth

It's good to know you've got a lady with an ongoing Circus magazine subscription who can tell your grandchildren of the splendor of Lollapalooza. WHY YES LITTLE DAKOTA SEN DOG AND MUGGS SMOKED ME OUT IT IS ALL TRUE.

You are entirely incapable of arousal.

When scratched-up Now!: That's What I Call Music discs occupy the same Xerox box as the vinyl from your dicktight pants days in your storage space.

I sense a brief but passionate (and long-repressed) flirtation with rave culture.

I will not be fooled into thinking your favorite bands are anything other than (hed) p.e., Spineshank, Primer 55, gODHEAD, and Insolence.

You sweat buckets!

You auditioned to be one of the Jicks but Stephen Malkmus laughed at your BC Rich Warlock and DOD pedal array. It's okay, maybe Guy Piccioto will put up with your ****.

You are both 40 year old men stuck in the supple and rosy-cheeked bodies of young boys, and should financially exploit that while you still have the opportunity. Your travel connections make your next few years as a rent boy all the easier.

Ian MacKaye or Adolf Hitler: pick a god you confused ****. For reference, I was wearing footie pajamas and smiling without the cloud of self-awareness in '88 (see also: movin' weight). How can you be so impossibly decrepit? What is it like to be so very near death? I must commend your use of the year of 1988 in combination with Skrewdriver, though. You are sending some pretty covert "hile hilter lol" messages here, and I hope that the Rahowa listeners of StyleForum are receiving them. Despite your advanced age, I am proud to have a race traitor like you on Our Side in the Coming Struggle.

You have made some seriously overconsidered mixtapes for girls before.

I feel that your selection of four canonical bands and one oddity is some attempt to throw a wrench into my machinery. You have succeeded. ;_;

DO NOT DOUBT THE LIMITS OF MY IMAGINATION.

There is an extremely unusual haircut in your past.

You seem like the type of guy with a "T-shirt collection."

Hinter mit einem anderem schlägt Ein von den Blöckenschaukeln.

Moping *****/Aeon Flux superfan.

The elusive Co&Ca/Train crossover demo is the bread and butter of the recreational enema industry.

Too many "Around the World" listenings have rendered you incapable of counting or spelling.

The sun's just a big glass/We're all ants/Whoa people still listen to Thrice?/LOL.

Here is a list rife with latent homosexuality, the kind of list I like. A tribute to you sir.

"Snark" is for people with tiny balls and LiveJournal accounts. I'm a ******* juggernaut, playboy.

worship.gif

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Biting Tiffany
The Brian Simmons Project
Dave Matthews Band
The Snappers
All Colors are Orange

I will not be subverted by your Cracked Magazine antics.

migo

Reaction score
No particular order...

Jamiroquai
Coldplay
Keane
Metallica
Three 6 Mafia (not sure if that's a band, but someone said they liked NWA, so yea)

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
No particular order... Jamiroquai Coldplay Keane Metallica Three 6 Mafia (not sure if that's a band, but someone said they liked NWA, so yea)
You have fumbled to turn down music while stopped at a red light in an unfamiliar neighborhood in order to avoid certain looks.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wasp
Cake
Hole
Tool
Rush

smile.gif

I am playing a game.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Wasp
Cake
Hole
Tool
Rush

smile.gif

I am playing a game.

10000pyramid.jpg

The answer is either: "four letter words" or "Tokyo Slim writes a minimalistic story of unease using only band names."

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Threads like this are what the internet was invented for.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
smile.gif
close enough.

migo

Reaction score
You have fumbled to turn down music while stopped at a red light in an unfamiliar neighborhood in order to avoid certain looks.

This way, I can survive in a very large percentage of neighborhoods
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In order of preference...

The Clash
Husker Du
The Beatles
current era Dylan
Afghan Whigs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics