• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Steve said it was for a day, that's fine with me... I probably would have gone longer if it was someone else besides Steve and they pointed it out to me. I'm sure Slim won't cross that line again.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
It was definitely over the line and your response completely justified. But Slim's not a new member and I think his history proves it was a joke gone too far, I don't a permanent banning is appropriate.

I too don't want to see Slim banned but even intended as a (tasteless) joke, he should have known better than to post such a thing. Kids are off-limits.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just spaminated someone from Esquire magazine who went around posting the same ad for the Best Dressed contest in a bunch of random threads. I really need to become a spam consultant for "grassroots marketing" departments...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I just spaminated someone from Esquire magazine who went around posting the same ad for the Best Dressed contest in a bunch of random threads. I really need to become a spam consultant for "grassroots marketing" departments...

Too late! I have already sent out a group email to 10 000 potential clients
laugh.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For some reason I'm getting this message everytime I try to read an announcement:

chorse123, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
whaaaaaaaa?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
For some reason I'm getting this message everytime I try to read an announcement:

whaaaaaaaa?

You're not alone. I think j hates our freedom.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123

whaaaaaaaa?

I know, very weird... I'm looking into the announcement issue. Can you guys read them from, say, the MC forum page? Some people were having issues only from the New Posts page or something.

Anyway, the announcement is that the site should have been moved to a different server today, but it didn't happen for some reason. Maybe tomorrow... :/

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just timed-out "dragon8" after watching him post about 30 4-5 word, nearly pointless posts in an apparent attempt to get to 100. A week in the hole and if I see another attempt, outright ban.

Post whoring bloats the database, people... I'm not paying for it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry Steve. If I'd have known you would take it as some sort of perverted comment, I wouldn't have said it. I, in fact edited it down to what I thought was an acceptable level from my original post, which I felt was tasteless and crude, (good thing you didn't read that!) and thought that maybe it had the potential to piss you off. Imagine my suprise when my edited post caused such a ruckus. I wasn't quite sure what I had done to deseve being time-outted until I went back and re-read my post as a guest, at which point I realized that it was probably in pretty bad taste. Anyways... you and I both know that no harm was intended to you or your family on my end.

And to end all the rampant speculation, no, I did not know Steve had (an) actual daughter(s?). It may have been mentioned once or twice, but honestly, I don't keep track of Steve's (or anyone else's) personal life to that extent. And no, I was not aware that she/they are underage. My comment was probably poorly thought out, but was not meant to insinuate in any way anything about Steve, his daughter(s?) or family. It was originally a joke, and obviously not one that people from outside my age/social range can identify with or condone. I was out of the house most of the day, which is why I didn't delete it (aside from not thinking it was as bad as it ended up being)

So again, for what it's worth, I'm sorry it got typed.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
You could help fund the site by selling Post Whoring Licenses. For a certain sum you would have the right to post 100 completely meaningless posts.

Pollution credits FTW!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Sorry Steve. If I'd have known you would take it as some sort of perverted comment, I wouldn't have said it. I, in fact edited it down to what I thought was an acceptable level from my original post, which I felt was tasteless and crude, (good thing you didn't read that!) and thought that maybe it had the potential to piss you off. Imagine my suprise when my edited post caused such a ruckus. I wasn't quite sure what I had done to deseve being time-outted until I went back and re-read my post as a guest, at which point I realized that it was probably in pretty bad taste. Anyways... you and I both know that no harm was intended to you or your family on my end.

And to end all the rampant speculation, no, I did not know Steve had (an) actual daughter(s?). It may have been mentioned once or twice, but honestly, I don't keep track of Steve's (or anyone else's) personal life to that extent. And no, I was not aware that she/they are underage. My comment was probably poorly thought out, but was not meant to insinuate in any way anything about Steve, his daughter(s?) or family. It was originally a joke, and obviously not one that people from outside my age/social range can identify with or condone. I was out of the house most of the day, which is why I didn't delete it (aside from not thinking it was as bad as it ended up being)

So again, for what it's worth, I'm sorry it got typed.
Accepted, Slim.

And, as you pointed out in your PM, I could have just deleted the post.

My apologies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads