• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vitamin Water?

calvin1663

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
expoland68.jpg

somehow, I don't think I could ever drink a beverage that had "sweat" in the title...

calvin1663

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
I wasn't really directing the observation towards you personally. I did notice that quote, but then you seem to contradict it with "I USED to think it was a well-packaged scam"........
sorry to confuse people...it is a well packaged scam, but it tastes good...and as to the 125 calories, I'm 16 and need all the energy I can get......don't have to be counting calories for a while now (hopefully forever?)

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
somehow, I don't think I could ever drink a beverage that had "sweat" in the title...

7ccf7eaf.jpg

How about now?

bob

Reaction score
Scam. Its a soft drink some marketing dude thought up. Trace amounts of vitamins for value added and mark it the hell up.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I started filling the bottles with cold water and a splash of unsweetened white grapefruit juice, and it's just as refreshing with very few calories.

Sometimes I will make cold brew iced tea and add Splenda or Sweet and Lo (I am not a sweet flavor snob at all obviously), and put that in the bottles to take in the car with me, if I need caffeine. This ends up being much cheaper and low calorie, and even tastes acceptable when it starts getting warm from sitting (unlike coffee).

most_def

Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
sorry to confuse people...it is a well packaged scam, but it tastes good...and as to the 125 calories, I'm 16 and need all the energy I can get......don't have to be counting calories for a while now (hopefully forever?)

You don't have to count calories but it's important to be aware of where your calories are coming from. Most people are surprised when they read the label on Vitamin Water and see "125 calories" staring back at them. I think people of any age are better drinking something else.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Like any other soft drink company (or any producer of high-calorie food/drink), I think they try and fool you with serving sizes. It's 50 cals per serving, or 125/bottle (as opposed to coke, which is 250 a bottle, IIRC). So calling it "water" might be a stretch, but I think it's a fine beverage, and "scam" is a little harsh.

• As for the vitamins, who knows if they work. Like with supplements, there's probably MORE of each vitamin in there than stated on the label (QC is weak with vitamins, generally), but absorption and use by your body is always up in the air. It's obviously best to get vitamins and minerals from the unprocessed foods in which they naturally occur.
J, why don't you just drink unsweetened iced tea? Earl Grey makes a good iced tea.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
J, why don't you just drink unsweetened iced tea? Earl Grey makes a good iced tea.

Because I like it sweet?
smile.gif

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Propel.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I use Propel.

maybe its just me but some of the propel flavors kind of make my throat feel weird/burn? idk.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, at my age . . . that's normal.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
expoland68.jpg
Pocari > Vitamin Water any day of the week

No way man, its all about drinking 70 lemons worth of Vitamin C in each bottle!
1321471.jpg
Or Sapporo's Melon Creme Soda...mmm
1980367.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
]

Or Sapporo's Melon Creme Soda...mmm
1980367.jpg

MMmmmmm Melon Soda (that is the ****, had a melon cream soda float at a Maid Cafe in Akiba, yeah had to experience it, that was really good.). Or what about Mitsuya Cider? Good stuff too, BUT this thread is about water/sports drinks not sodas.

calvin1663

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
1321471.jpg

this is pretty stupid...the body can only absorb a certain amount of a vitamin per day, so 70 lemons worth of vitamin c is stupid, you'll just piss out what you can't absorb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads