• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
there is something wrong with the positioning of Lucy Liu's eyes.

Originally Posted by WSW
I think they're a little too wide apart.

Originally Posted by amerikajinda
There's a lot of white guys with Asian fetishes (coupled with no ability whatsoever to discern beauty in Asian women) who think Lucy Liu is "hot"...

+1 to all of this (especially the eye thing, something just always struck me as weird about it). Aki Hoshino=Hot (good lord is she hot), Lucy Liu/Sandra Oh=kinda weird/awkward/not enough facial structure

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto on Kate Beckinsale being super attractive.

Sandra Oh is plain nasty.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I have to 8th the Sarah Jessica Parker. ack!
+10478195709754324 Horse face is Hideous. Also i would like to add that Jenifer Aniston is very very overrated and plain/boring

seanchai

Reaction score
There's a lot of white guys with Asian fetishes (coupled with no ability whatsoever to discern beauty in Asian women) who think Lucy Liu is "hot"...
This is kind of a strange thing to say. Do we have to be qualified to determine which women among different races are hot now? How can I tell if I have the eye to determine which black chicks are hot? Maybe I don't have it because I think ALL BLACK CHICKS ARE HOT. MM HMMM EDIT: I just looked up Aki Hoshino and I don't think she's much better looking than Lucy Liu, though she has a prettier face.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanchai
Do we have to be qualified to determine which women among different races are hot now? How can I tell if I have the eye to determine which black chicks are hot?

A lot of white guys (and by "white", I mean "non-Asian" in this case) who think Lucy Liu is pretty or "hot" haven't ever seen a pretty Asian woman simply because they've never been to Asia and just have a very limited exposure to Asian women. They've only seen Lucy Liu in movies or Sandrah Oh on TV... and they've only seen a very limited number of Asian girls in school, at the mall, etc. So many times, they are confusing beauty with "exotic-ness"... So in a sense, you do have to be qualified to be able to determine which women among different races are hot... and if you're not qualified, you might still have an opinion -- you'd just be wrong.
laugh.gif
I keed, I keed!

As for black girls, if you think she's pretty, you're on the right track...

southafrica11797cbjd0.jpg

And to help whities get a start on becoming qualified to discern Asian beauty, below are two examples of beautiful Asian women. And mind you, this isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of millions of Asian people (and people "in the know", like myself) throughout the world (who also find Lucy Liu's eyes to be placed in a position on her face incongruous to beauty.)

180pxkimheesun212c6ejo3.jpg

small67pop6248f31yq7.jpg

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
She would not make my overrated list, not with a pair of cans like she has. In the nude scene in Desperado, her body was off the charts.

Now, here's the question that I always think when I see that scene...and I've seen it a lot. Is that her? You never see her face throughout, but I heard Rodriguez had to clear the room for the shoot because no one was paying attention.

But yeah, GODDAMN what a body.

Originally Posted by iammatt
I challenge anybody who mentioned Salma Hayek to post a picture of one woman you have banged so that we can see what qualifies as beautiful to you.

Originally Posted by GQgeek
a little touchy, matt?
bounce2.gif

Salma Hayek is the Hispanic Love Goddess, and her followers are legion...seriously, I have a maximum age of woman I would do, and every time Salma has a birthday, that age goes up 1.

Originally Posted by diorshoe
i think an underrated beauty is Kate Beckinsale.

She is one of my favorite actresses to just look at all the time.

+1

Isn't she a pretty wretched actress though?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Isn't she a pretty wretched actress though?
I liked her in Much Ado About Nothing. Then again, was a long time ago.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot of white guys (and by "white", I mean "non-Asian" in this case) who think Lucy Liu is pretty or "hot" haven't ever seen a pretty Asian woman simply because they've never been to Asia and just have a very limited exposure to Asian women. They've only seen Lucy Liu on TV, or Sandrah Oh... and they've only seen a very limited number of Asian girls in school, at the mall, etc. So many times, they are confusing beauty with "exotic-ness"... So in a sense, you do have to be qualified to be able to determine which women among different races are hot... and if you're not qualified, you might still have an opinion -- you'd just be wrong.
laugh.gif

As for black girls, if you think she's pretty, you're on the right track...

southafrica11797cbjd0.jpg

And to help whities get a start on becoming qualified to discern Asian beauty, below are two examples of a beautiful Asian woman. And mind you, this isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of millions of Asian people throughout the world (who also find Lucy Liu's eyes to be placed in a position on her face incongruous to beauty.)

180pxkimheesun212c6ejo3.jpg

small67pop6248f31yq7.jpg

Dude, I'm in NYC so I've seen my fair share of Asians and honestly, neither on of those two broads does anything for me and neither one of them is all that better looking than Lucy Liu. The first one is actually uglier/plainer and the second is younger so she looks a bit "fresher" but you'd have a hard time convincing me that these are gorgeous women, Asian or otherwise.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I'm in NYC so I've seen my fair share of Asians and honestly, neither on of those two broads does anything for me and neither one of them is all that better looking than Lucy Liu. The first one is actually uglier/plainer and the second is younger so she looks a bit "fresher" but you'd have a hard time convincing me that these are gorgeous women, Asian or otherwise.
+1. Same here - these two girls are somewhat pretty (in a bland kind of way) but LL's beauty is more unique.

lucy_liu_08.jpg

I also saw LL a couple months ago and she was really pretty - much shorter than I thought though

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Now, here's the question that I always think when I see that scene...and I've seen it a lot. Is that her? You never see her face throughout, but I heard Rodriguez had to clear the room for the shoot because no one was paying attention.

But yeah, GODDAMN what a body.

Salma Hayek is the Hispanic Love Goddess, and her followers are legion...seriously, I have a maximum age of woman I would do, and every time Salma has a birthday, that age goes up 1.

A few years ago we had dinner at the table next to Salma Hayek at Matsuhisa (the original, and best Nobu for those who are overy NY-centric) in LA. Neither my wife nor I could stop glancing over as she is even more beautiful in person than on film. She is really tiny.

It was probably the only time my wife has not been at all annoyed with my being preoccupied with another woman. She got a little pissed when I took Salma into the bathroom alone, but not too pissed.

OK, so the last sentence is a lie, but all the rest is true. She really is stunning in the flesh.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's 5' 2" (just like Lucy Liu btw)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about this one?

200601koreanactresspi5.jpg

It is hard for non-Asians to be able to tell the difference between "exotic" and "beautiful". They are not one in the same...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
+1. Same here - these two girls are somewhat pretty (in a bland kind of way) but LL's beauty is more unique.

lucy_liu_08.jpg

I also saw LL a couple months ago and she was really pretty - much shorter than I thought though

Haha not to ruffle any feathers, but LL looks like a Mexican transvestite.
laugh.gif
Her look is quite hard, severe even... the word "skank" comes to mind... her eyes are too far apart -- she looks like a praying mantis... compare to a true, pure, wholesome, natural, perfect beauty:

hp812au3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads