• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vineyard Vines

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Has anyone worn their shirts? They seem fun and well made. I recently started getting their catalog. Impressive.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real love/hate relationship with this brand. I really like the styling and colors of much of the clothing. They've taken preppy styling and put their own spin on it, and I like the looks of the results. If I still wore ties on a regular basis, I would definitely pick up a few V V's. I recently noticed that Jos A Bank is ripping off the tie styles, so V V must be doing something right. I'm not sure about the fit of the long sleeve shirts or trousers, as I haven't tried them. I purchased a couple of their polos, which fit okay, but which also ran in the wash pretty quickly, so I wasn't impressed by the quality. I've seen their canvas dock pants in a local store, and they seem kind of insubstantial next to Bills (which, granted, cost more money).

Also, I find many of their items overpriced for what they are. In particular, they charge $40 for a pair of rubber flip flops, $75 for swimwear, and something like $85-$90 for a flipping canvas tote bag (you can get a similar bag from LL Bean or Lands' End for a lot less). I think the prices on the dress and sport shirts are a bit high, but not ridiculously so. The price of the polos seems in line with other "premium" brands such as Polo or Brooks Bros. The pricing on the ties also seems in line with what I'd expect.

Finally, I'm starting to get a bit turned off by their whole "we're having more fun than you" ad campaign. I really don't need to keep up with the continuing exploits of Shep and Ian, though I sincerely hope Ian's (or is it Shep's) band "makes it" one of these days. I thought it was clever at first, but it's starting to wear on me. On the other hand, I do give them credit for essentially saying f' it and starting their own business. They seem to be pretty successful to this point.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the link provided above, Artisan Fan has had a better experience with the polos than I. Perhaps quality has improved (I bought mine two summers ago), or perhaps I just got a bad batch.

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I might have to order some shirts today.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are close to a Filenes Basement, they all seem to be flooded with this stuf right now.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO their belts are a really fun spin on the ribbon belt.

untilted

Reaction score
VV is kinda over-the-top with belts. and their stuff gets old really fast IMO.

charlief1975

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
if you are close to a Filenes Basement, they all seem to be flooded with this stuf right now.

I can confirm this as of May 26th in the Chicago Michigan Av location.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this thread has not been bumped in a while and I am in the market for some new summer polos and oxfords, I stick with pima cotton RL polos and I am satisfied with the quality. I have been recommnded vineyard vines by one person so far, but am not sure how into the whole fashion scene she is so I am hoping to get some help from you guys.

I wear a medium in classic fit RL polos and they are longer than I would like but I still wear them. I like the fit of J.Crew tailored oxfords and I also wear a medium in those. I stick with mainly solid colors and simple logos.

Pretty much I am stuck between VV, BB, J.Crew or RL. Looking at picking up about 6 polos and 5 oxfords. Light colors because its summer time of course.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by syracuse1976
Has anyone worn their shirts? They seem fun and well made. I recently started getting their catalog. Impressive.

WTF is it with all the obvious spam posts for Vineyard Vines?

Does no one remember the hilarious HarrisonK thread started a few weeks back?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies, and no I do not remember. It would be great if you would have linked it in your comment. I was not spamming, for I am curious to know.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** just found it, sorry for bumping an old thread. Here is the link for future reference.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh? Sorry, I was referring to the OP's obvious shilling -- but I see that was in fact prior to the latest shilling.
wink.gif

Quixote

Reaction score
I like their clothes and their logo, they also seem more fun and youthful for polos and khakis than other high end companies like Ralph Lauren for example.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads