• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those shoulders may feel tight, but they sure look good. definately works with the overall proportions.

Confucius

Reaction score
Got my suit today! Firstly Jason, how the heck did you fit that into a shoebox??

The quality of the material is fantastic so I'm happy about that. The shoulders don't fit as snug as some of the others here and there is a fair bit of blousing out the back so I will have to get a tailor to take it in. Hopefully it won't be too much of a task!

Tha pants fit very nicely, except my non-existent ass means the material flares out at the quadriceps, making it look like i'm wearing jodphurs. A tailor can easily fix that by taking in the seat though.

Will post pics once I get it all sorted out.

Confucius

Reaction score
Hmm...I just steamed my suit with my steam iron and now all these little bubbles have appeared. Please tell me these will go away.....

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason, do you have any higher-res photos of the PoW check suit? If so, could you post it, or email it to me? I'd like to place an order for it this week (unless you have more blue wp in stock) - most measurements will be the same as the charcoal, except with some modifications to the pants (lower rise, tighter waist, thighs and hips the same, wider knee and hem).

Any thoughts on if is I should make this one 2B or 3B people?

Thanks.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confucius
Hmm...I just steamed my suit with my steam iron and now all these little bubbles have appeared. Please tell me these will go away.....

I noticed that right after I steam it makes the fabric "bubble" a little bit, but it's always gone away once it's hung up and allowed to settle. btw, hopefully you're not actually ironing as that can cause a shine to on the fabric. If you do need to iron, use a pressing cloth

Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Jason, do you have any higher-res photos of the PoW check suit? If so, could you post it, or email it to me? I'd like to place an order for it this week (unless you have more blue wp in stock) - most measurements will be the same as the charcoal, except with some modifications to the pants (lower rise, tighter waist, thighs and hips the same, wider knee and hem).

Any thoughts on if is I should make this one 2B or 3B people?

Thanks.

I have one in a 3 button that I'll take a pic of and send you.

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Due to costs of intl courier shipping and tariffs having gone up, prices after memorial day weekend will be $435 shipped in US/Canada.

That sucks
frown.gif
I've not quite saved up enough yet to place my order.

Confucius

Reaction score
I noticed that right after I steam it makes the fabric "bubble" a little bit, but it's always gone away once it's hung up and allowed to settle. btw, hopefully you're not actually ironing as that can cause a shine to on the fabric. If you do need to iron, use a pressing cloth

Nah nah my mum's got a fancy iron with a big water tank so I just hung the suit up on a rack and steamed it. I haven't checked it this morning but it had settled a little bit last night.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed that right after I steam it makes the fabric "bubble" a little bit, but it's always gone away once it's hung up and allowed to settle......
Where is the 'bubbling' happening?
If it is on the chest, it could be an indication of fusing failure.. but according to GS, the suits have a floating canvas.

Confucius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Where is the 'bubbling' happening?
If it is on the chest, it could be an indication of fusing failure.. but according to GS, the suits have a floating canvas.

It's around the side of the waist and near the jacket pockets as well. I checked not long ago and they're still there which is quite a worry
frown.gif
I made sure not to touch the iron to the fabric.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
hmm, that's odd. Try taking it to a place to get it pressed and see if that takes care of it, if not let me know. (obviously show them the spots in question so they can focus on that part)

Confucius

Reaction score
Yeah I have an appointment with the tailor on Saturday so I'll see if he can press it for me.

I shot them an email this morning and he gave a rough quote of $200-$300 AUD for alterations!! *vomit*

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's around the side of the waist and near the jacket pockets as well. I checked not long ago and they're still there which is quite a worry
frown.gif
I made sure not to touch the iron to the fabric.

That's strange. Post a photo? I've had bubbling around my shoulders before, but that's because I didn't notice it when I bought it (I was young and dumb), and the salesman tried to tell me it was common with all light coloured suits.

I have one in a 3 button that I'll take a pic of and send you.

Very nice, I think I'll get the PoW in a 2B though w/ hacking pockets. The new "tweed" is interesting. The material almost looks like denim. I'd be interested in getting some trousers made in that material later on.

I'll see what adjustments I'd like to make for the next order, and let you know tomorrow or later tonight.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have an appointment with the tailor on Saturday so I'll see if he can press it for me. I shot them an email this morning and he gave a rough quote of $200-$300 AUD for alterations!! *vomit*
That's insane. Time to find a new tailor and get a second opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads