• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Destroying expensive things (voluntarily or otherwise)

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We found a huge stockpile of old Macintosh comps here at the airport a few days ago. Needless to say, after almost every form of destruction you can imagine, all 28 of them are gone.

macintosh%20computer%20keyboard.gif

Fun for all.

JB

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not me, but a client of mine, just after I had finished setting up his brand new $600 color laser printer and getting it all working, tried using it and the paper jammed. He unhooked it and threw it across the garage, then smashed it to pieces with some nearby implement like a hammer or something. Then he bought another one and had me set that one up.

Luckily for me and everyone around, he seems to keep that to inanimate objects, and the printer problem wasn't my fault.
biggrin.gif
I still joke to him about the things I've heard about the durability of certain printers.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I once burnt an arce of land (being a moron and lighting firecrackers in dry grass) on coincidentally of all days Earth Day...

summej2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Had a few anger issues in college, especially when my computer would crash during my 3D animation final project.

I once threw a sofa through a window during my angry undergraduate years; I was not inebriated at the time.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I punched a hole in my computer monitor at my old law firm when the system crashed and I could not bill.

I also thru a typewriter down the hallway when I was rushing to get some UCC-1's filed (pre-adobe days) and make fed ex. Surprisingly, none of the partners at my old firm said anything abuout this.

Finally, years ago, I was sitting in a parking lot once at a cvs, and some ***** pulled up and bumped my drivers' side door with her car. Instead of saying sorry, she scowled at me and walked in. I counted to 20, and then I used my door as a battering ram and FUCKED HER CAR UP by slamming my door on her door. OF course, I left the scene . . . .

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
My demolitions have been rather small. I broke a canoe paddle when i worked at summer camp. I don't know how many halogen light bulbs i've broken.

What my roomate freshman year did takes the cake however. We were all sitting in the room watching a movie and we hear laughter followed by a long pause and a " holy **** guys I blew up the toilet". Our dorm had sloan valve toilets so luckily nothing too serious happened. But the toilet bowl cracked and fell into a million pieces all over the floor of our bathroom. It was hillarious until i had to ***********.

robbie

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I used to be a bit of a firebug. Never caught, so I won't be disclosing any details. I don't light fires anymore, so the whole world can sleep soundly.

Also, I pretty much suck at driving/am unlucky. Crashed into a deer, totalled 1987 Nissan Maxima. SUV crashed into me, totalled a 1989 Lincoln Continental, Crashed into a green Jetta, $10k damage to my Stratus. Fender-bendered a van, $1k damage done to bumper of Stratus. Got sideswiped by dude in light truck, $12k worth of damage to Stratus. Stratus is fine... thank you insurance!

I DO pay $290 a month in premiums though.
smile.gif

Blew about 12000 pounds of sawdust into an auxilliary building at my high school.

Taken stuff out in the woods and shot it to death on several occasions. Probably horrible for the environment, but I'm an American, and its my God given right to shoot a couple hundred rounds into an old computer.

Uh... I've destroyed a girl's self confidence once. Then I broke up with her. She seems to be fully recovered now.

More as I think of it.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several cell phones have been smashed after arguments with the ball and chain. I seem to remember an ipod finding it's way through the wall once (not that durable).

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mint burgundy Audi S8. I was turning left out of a gas station, an old lady ran a stop sign and smacked into the front end of the car. They had to replace the whole front end and some mechanical parts. Man, that thing was gorgeous. I was pissed, and it wasn't even my car.

Some other minor accidents: BMW Z3 M, BMW 330Ci, BMW 328i, and some other cars I don't remember. Most accidents weren't my fault, but one or two probably were.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got pissed off at my last laptop and threw it at the wall breaking the laptop and putting a hole in the sheetrock.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parts of Los Angeles burned down while I was living there. That's all I'll say about that.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

Uh... I've destroyed a girl's self confidence once. Then I broke up with her. She seems to be fully recovered now.

Not sure whether that qualifies as an 'expensive thing'.

How much did you pay for her?

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
I tore my knee playing basketball. That was very expensive to repair.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2
I once threw a sofa through a window during my angry undergraduate years; I was not inebriated at the time.

That be some massive defenestration there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics