• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebachellor
I'm trying to find a leather jacket but I don't quite know the name of the style...

I want the same style in both black and dark brown colorways.

Basically a style like this:

...but in leather.

Mainly the features that are necessary are the pockets and the general style.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

This is an M65. Everyone and their mom makes a version, from The GAP to Nom de Guerre, usually in cotton or wool. I don't know who makes a leather version for SS or FW07, but I have seen in previously done by Miu Miu. In any case, this will not be cheap.

op2

Reaction score
"Everyone and their mom makes a version..."
Zing.
But sometimes the imitations are better looking than the "investments" - at least what I have seen in those particular trends.

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first pair of nice dry denim. I have (sort of) thick thighs and (sort of) a bigger butt, which tapered jeans just make all the more obvious. So I guess I'm looking for a straight fit.

I'd also like it to fade well and not be so weak that it rips at the crotch.

Thanks!

mram65

Reaction score
Although not premium denim (I AM buying a pair of APCs-thanks to all for your great advice), I wanted to ask about a particular sytle of Calvin Klein jeans.

Have been noticing them lately...they're called either "classic" or "original", and they are styled just like the original "Calvin Klein Designer Jeans" from the '70's....you know, had that funky straight line and loop on the back pockets, with a sewn on Calvin Klein label, in white w/red lettering.

Think these would be cool/retro, but can't find them anywhere. Called a local Calvin Klein outlet, and they're not stocking them.....have checked all the usual department stores, and ebay, too.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mram65
Although not premium denim (I AM buying a pair of APCs-thanks to all for your great advice), I wanted to ask about a particular sytle of Calvin Klein jeans.

Have been noticing them lately...they're called either "classic" or "original", and they are styled just like the original "Calvin Klein Designer Jeans" from the '70's....you know, had that funky straight line and loop on the back pockets, with a sewn on Calvin Klein label, in white w/red lettering.

Think these would be cool/retro, but can't find them anywhere. Called a local Calvin Klein outlet, and they're not stocking them.....have checked all the usual department stores, and ebay, too.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark

The "loop" is actually called the "Omega" for FWIW. I've seen these at various discount stores, as well as at a Macy's in NorCal about a year ago.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Seize sur Vingt and Band of Outsiders shirts were just laundered (in the wash) instead of dry cleaned. They're super wrinkled and now I have to get them pressed. But I never wanted this to happen in the first place. Have I damaged the shirts at all? If anything, it'll force me to wear the shirts a little more casually, but I sure hope that I didn't.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
My Seize sur Vingt and Band of Outsiders shirts were just laundered (in the wash) instead of dry cleaned. They're super wrinkled and now I have to get them pressed. But I never wanted this to happen in the first place. Have I damaged the shirts at all? If anything, it'll force me to wear the shirts a little more casually, but I sure hope that I didn't.
Mist them down with water until they are reasonably damp all over, then roll each one up and let it sit for 10-15 minutes for the water to get all through the fibers, then iron them. They should be fine.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Anyone know where i can find the APC denim color "faded black"? It's a grey jean that i think was an option on the Cure fit. I haven't been able to find it online. Thanks.

Ive been searching for grey apc's today myself. I may stop by the store this week sometime, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Brian SD

Reaction score
i believe they are not made anymore. If you're talking about the streaky grey ones? Those are the bleached black cures. They're really nice jeans.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I'll give that a try
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I was considering contrasting orange/tan stitching to match, but going with a grey-blue colour would be something I likely wouldn't regret afterwards.

I was considering going to a tailor, but there's something embarassing/unethical about asking them to sew up a busted crotch on a pair of unwashed jeans.
devil.gif

nothing unethical about it.
just have him cut out the worn part and replace it
with fresh denim.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
nothing unethical about it.
just have him cut out the worn part and replace it
with fresh denim.

Well, wash them first.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
i believe they are not made anymore. If you're talking about the streaky grey ones? Those are the bleached black cures. They're really nice jeans.

I know. I'm kicking myself for not buying them. Zehero(i think) on sufu had them and they looked fantastic. I didn't have the money then and now that i do i can't find them anywhere.

Thanks a lot hawkeye, hopefully they'll have them there and i can do a phone order.

cd1

Reaction score
I know this is the streetwear and denim forum, but this is a small question, so figured id ask it here

what are the differences between a sportcoat and blazer?
also, what are the differences in occasion for each?(if any)

thank you

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I finally found a store which carries STF 501's. I am going to get a pair, and I know i need to size up some but if I am going for 30-30 do i get 31-32 or how do i size them up? Also, If I am wanting to take advantage of their raw properties should I hotsoak them right away or just wait 6 months and give them a hot wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads