• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Extremely common Mid-Century detail, typically found in skinny knit ties. Many companies still make variations on this.

Now that you mention it, I have seen it on skinny ties before. I was imagining a three-inch silk print just ending in a square. *shudder*

Originally Posted by Arethusa
Sure, the jeans hoodie t thing isn't particularly interesting. This is valid regardless of his post count. That he said it in nearly the most obnoxious way possible is also true regardless of his post count. Nothing else he said was worthy of attention, and it wouldn't have been if he had 3,000 posts.

Rome's right about this thread turning into a circle jerk too often. That doesn't make all criticism legitimate. This was just imbecilic **** throwing.

Yah, true.

Aries

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Meh. The shot is sort of blurry, but it was the best of a bad bunch, and the slow exposure, while difficult to use, shows the colors best.

Rag&Bone Selvedge Pump jacket - Louis Boston, Boston, MA
Gazzarini Henley - Yoox
smile.gif

Splendid Mills Henley - Revolve clothing
Belt - Tooled belt Leather goods connection
5EP Low down boot rigid jeans (a little oversized) - Famous Friends, NYC, New York
Not shown
Natural Chucks with Switched out Navy laces (riffing on Rye) - Berks, Cambridge, MA.
Jutta Neumann barbell bracelet - Jutta Neumann,NYC.

Edit: slightly better shot.

Fok, very nice. Like the way everything fits and the color combo is right up my alley. Really like the jacket, and the more I see Rag& Bone the more I appreciate their refined streetwear look. One of the few companies that manage to make relatively sophisticated (for lack of a better word) looking casual pieces.

Rover

Reaction score
This forum must be the most touchy one I've ever been on. The way I speak is actually without trying to be a total asshole, but maybe the way we interact are a bit different here in Norway. I'll sensor they way I say things from now on.
I will still call **** for what it is, but with another approach..

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover
lance konami: please cut your hair, ponytails on men doesn't look good at all imo. And metallica tee's should only be worn if you actually are going to a concert. Otherwise you only look like a poor metal-head. And what's up with the Nike sneakers?! you could at least worn leather boots.
Yeah Lance, your pony tail looks "Wickity Wack"
laugh.gif
Mr Rover you should probably recap my posts back to October to realize the irony in said outfit. On a daily basis I like to address one of many multiple personalities I have. This one was Quantum Leap "1985/1987". As a life long wearer of buzz cuts I have finally grown my hair long enough to dally in the world of pony tails, yes usually adorned by the less than reputable male persona, but tough ******* I think it looks alright, especially considering I will not be accessorizing it with Versace floral shirts, pleated pants. loafers and a white open top Porsche, mmmm that does sound well sexy, beware Mr Rover, beware!!!!!!! P.S. Mr Rover!, I don't particularly like Metallica but wear the shirt if only for the sweet colors, soft fabric and tacky graphic artwork. Hipsterism at it's best, plus this particular style has a good resale value.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Rye. Rome != Rover.
Thanks, it's Sunday and I'm bleary eyed. Edited so I don't look like a complete imbecile
bounce2.gif

Rover

Reaction score
Rye GB: I still mean that outfit would look bad even in the mid 80's.. theres is just nothing cool about it.. still think you should have worn boots. Just to complete the look as utterly rubbish. And aren't you supposed to dress up, and not down? I might have gotten this all wrong.

PS Rye! Even italians look ****** with a ponytail.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Rye GB: I still mean that outfit would look bad even in the mid 80's.. theres is just nothing cool about it.. still think you should have worn boots. Just to complete the look as utterly rubbish. And aren't you supposed to dress up, and not down? I might have gotten this all wrong.

Up, down, left, right, skid row and Wall Street I like it all, you have to be able to embrace many facets of style, fashion and well placed irony to understand. You have a lot to learn. Be quiet and just watch for a while.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you're going to be a dick, at least say something that's right once in a while.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
For a sec there I thought I was being called out as trolling by proxy.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure if you always talked that way to strangers you'd be dead by now, even in Norway.

Rover

Reaction score
fuuma, I don't talk to strangers like that, only people that stick their face on the internet.

But on topic, you guys liked that outfit? if so, do enlighten me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Up, down, left, right, skid row and Wall Street I like it all, you have to be able to embrace many facets of style, fashion and well placed irony to understand. You have a lot to learn. Be quiet and just watch for a while.

Ditto, nooblet at life.

Originally Posted by Rome
For a sec there I thought I was being called out as trolling by proxy.

I love you Rome.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm pretty sure if you always talked that way to strangers you'd be dead by now, even in Norway.

hahaa

Rover, I think at this juncture you just need to shut the **** up.

Rover

Reaction score
ok, I will shut the **** up.. before any one of you strangers kill me.. I don't want to be dead by now..

adversity04

Reaction score
But on topic, you guys liked that outfit? if so, do enlighten me.

You're not going to like every fit that you see on here. There are certain members who regularly dress in what I think looks good and with the sense of style I can relate to. There are those whose looks I don't, but to each their own. Take each post for what it is, someone sharing a part of their individual style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads