• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jet - Cool BoO shirt.

LA Guy - Nice. Would like to see some full length shots to see how your denim fits. That jacket is badass.

jpgm - Very cool, jacket is sweet too.

And I think Rye should keep the ponytail.

cookieoflife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Additionally, you should not be wearing band T-shirts because you "want the vintage indie look," you should be wearing them because you like the ******* band.

Amen.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have called out hipster doofi for the following in person:
Rwake T-shirt (this was the most egregious offense -- Rwake shirt with aviators, ironic scumstache, and trucker cap -- **** you).
Botch T-shirt.
Cattle Decapitation T-shirt.

"Oh, did you like Hell is a Door to the Sun or If You Walk Before You Crawl You Crawl Before You Die more?"

The blank stares only contribute to my quiet superiority.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
I find it very funny that you (rover) come here with 2 posts and feel free to critique (rather harshly, I might add) people who've been here for much longer than you have, and I love that you don't have the balls to post a picture of your sartorially perfect self.

Explain to me why someone must post a picture of themselves to critique another's aesthetics. How does that lend credibility exactly? Should only better artist be allowed to criticize art or music? Granted his "Ima gonna pull some rules outta ******" shtick is stupid, why would a picture make anything better.

This thread can at times be a circle jerk of people praising each other for dressing like each other. Some criticism is good I think.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
This thread can at times be a circle jerk of people praising each other for dressing like each other. Some criticism is good I think.
Sure. I agree. Just not this ****'s witless criticism.

Rover

Reaction score
wow, I just expressed my own opinions. When people post pictures to get comments, I try to give a honest objective response. And so what if you are a senior member, even if you've been here longer or posted more, it doesn't automatically make you a good dresser. If you can't stand critique, stop posting **** on the internet.. I don't have pictures at the moment. I thought about taking a few, but now I'll just get flamed anyways.. I admit that I was wrong at one point though. you should definitely like the band.

Go ahead, flame me. I like how people who get irritated and calling me names for being honest.. haha.. Bergdorf Goodwill, XOXOX

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rover... there is a way to give an honest objective response without sounding like a complete jackass. You have failed in that regard. Alternatively.. if you are going to be a jackass, then at least try to be witty or amusing.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover
Halifamous: Did you stuff your tie in your pants? If it is, then you should know that a tie should sit above your pant line. Or an inch or two over if you have low rise pants.. But never touch your pants unless you sit down. With that out of the way, nice outfit indeed
smile.gif

Tie is square ended. The touching of my pants is caused by my slight bend, tie actually falls 3/4ths of an inch above my belt, if I were wearing a belt that is.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover
wow, I just expressed my own opinions. When people post pictures to get comments, I try to give a honest objective response. And so what if you are a senior member, even if you've been here longer or posted more, it doesn't automatically make you a good dresser. If you can't stand critique, stop posting **** on the internet.. I don't have pictures at the moment. I thought about taking a few, but now I'll just get flamed anyways.. I admit that I was wrong at one point though. you should definitely like the band.

Go ahead, flame me. I like how people who get irritated and calling me names for being honest.. haha.. Bergdorf Goodwill, XOXOX

Look, as you may or may not have noticed, human interraction has some unwritten rules that will greatly impact on how your messages are received. If some unknown person comes on a message board she starts off with no credibility and must build some, if she starts by harshly "critisizing" (you were mostly insulting, not providing useful feedback) people then her comments will be badly received. If we suppose you're not a total imbecile then it is safe to assume you already knew that, which means that your end goal wasn't to be helpful by helping people dress better but mainly to insult and start some **** flinging. This is kinda like the difference between civic disobedience and anarchistic behaviour, assholes often end up trying to pass up the second one as the first, making things harder for people with genuine social concerns who feel breaking the law might be the moral thing to do and generally ******* it up for everyone. If you need some additional feedback feel free to ask, my grasp of such things are obviously much greater than yours.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
On the one hand, he wasn't particularly tactful and as a new poster, that's just never going to go over well.

On the other hand, he touched on something I think might be a bit sore - jeans+hoodie+T do not a particular interesting outfit make, no matter how well-made the items are.

On the other other hand, seniority is a fact of life and it sort of just has to be respected for the forum to work.

Finally, you just get more respect when you put yourself out there so you can give like you take.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
Tie is square ended. The touching of my pants is caused by my slight bend, tie actually falls 3/4ths of an inch above my belt, if I were wearing a belt that is.

Square-ended tie? WTF?

I've never heard of nor seen such a thing...did it get caught in a paper-cutter or something??

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Square-ended tie? WTF?

I've never heard of nor seen such a thing...did it get caught in a paper-cutter or something??

Extremely common Mid-Century detail, typically found in skinny knit ties. Many companies still make variations on this.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
On the one hand, he wasn't particularly tactful and as a new poster, that's just never going to go over well. On the other hand, he touched on something I think might be a bit sore - jeans+hoodie+T do not a particular interesting outfit make, no matter how well-made the items are. On the other other hand, seniority is a fact of life and it sort of just has to be respected for the forum to work. Finally, you just get more respect when you put yourself out there so you can give like you take.
Sure, the jeans hoodie t thing isn't particularly interesting. This is valid regardless of his post count. That he said it in nearly the most obnoxious way possible is also true regardless of his post count. Nothing else he said was worthy of attention, and it wouldn't have been if he had 3,000 posts. Rome's right about this thread turning into a circle jerk too often. That doesn't make all criticism legitimate. His postcount is irrelevant. Whether or not he posts a picture of himself is irrelevant. This was just imbecilic **** throwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads