• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seoul

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is that like the "what do you mean, wrong hole?" joke?

Frederic's Berceuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Tell your host you'd like to try "boshing-tang".
smile.gif

hehehehehe.

Xenok

Reaction score
kind of OT, but do any of my fellow seoulites know where i can get a pair of shoes toppied? or recommend a good cobbler?

would love to meet up with some of the SF people but May 23 is a weekday so there's no way i can make it. *sigh*

wwallace1

Reaction score
I will be in Seoul from May 22nd on a oneway ticket! (F4 Visa) if anyone needs an US educated person with a b.s. degree in business mgmt then I will be happy to send my resume! or we can just meet up ^.^

wwallace1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I will be in Seoul on 23 May - would any of you gentlemen like to have dinner?

I'm a relative new member on SF but if all you guys are willing to meet up in Seoul then i'll be willing to join. Shinchon, itaewon, kangnam, apujung maybe?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
is that like the "what do you mean, wrong hole?" joke?

haha -- "chigau ana!" - the joke that takes place on the golf course? Classic!

It's not really like that... boshingtang is a Korean delicacy... served in certain restaurants (even some in Seoul). It's a little expensive, but quite good! Make sure you have plenty of cold Chilsung Cider close by...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wwallace1
I'm a relative new member on SF but if all you guys are willing to meet up in Seoul then i'll be willing to join. Shinchon, itaewon, kangnam, apujung maybe?

Not to be petty, but it's "Apkujung"...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing better than having dinner outdoors in seoul at the end of a disgustingly humid day. The perfect hang-out weather starts as soon as the sun sets - probably why people hang out till 5 am. my favorite meal is pork belly wrapped in lettuce.
DSC02083.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wwallace1
u do know that you are very petty and anal
bounce2.gif

haha I just try to be accurate!
laugh.gif

dizzhizz

Reaction score
OK, I just got back from my three day weekend in Manila. Had a great ******* time but will not go into details as it might offend some members.
devil.gif

FYR - the 24th is a national holiday so I might be available for a quick dinner on the 23rd. Please PM me no later than tomorrow should you want to meet up.

Since your staying on the Kangnam side of town, a good option would be to check out Samwon Garden near Apkujung. A bit pricey but I presume your paying...JK.

As for bo shin tang, **** No. I'd rather eat live octopus, pigs feet, silkworms or a can of spam slapped with some bread and mayo.

As for the dude with the F4 visa, good luck on the job hunt. I also have that same visa and can safely assume you're kyopo. Should you be jobless, you can always go for the teaching route and make good money and eventually spend it all on nightclubs and hookers.

Globe - I realize you might be en route, so I'll PM you with my mobile.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenok
kind of OT, but do any of my fellow seoulites know where i can get a pair of shoes toppied? or recommend a good cobbler?

would love to meet up with some of the SF people but May 23 is a weekday so there's no way i can make it. *sigh*

There are tons of cobblers on the streets in the business districts but you must be careful and specifically instruct what you want done. Supposedly, the better ones are located near the department stores, as they are familiar with higher end shoes as opposed to the hole-in-the-walls repair shops that are strictly meant for the Korean made dress shoes. Absolute ****.

Try the place right in front of Galleria Dept. Store in Apkujung. Might be worth a visit. If not, you can always get A/S (after service) from the actual stores in the department store, granted it might take a while.

Hope this helps.

DH

victory

Reaction score
I might be down to meet up, too. If you guys get something together, send me a PM. Apgujung is always a good place. I know of some good samgyubsal places there and there are lots of places to drink and girls roaming around there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads