• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars Widely Considered Gay

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool! I've talked to a couple of M3 owners and it's supposedly a very hot car. I guess I always figured if you were going to drive it might as well be fun. Also, very cool color...it doesn't look stock.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, it is a stock color. It looks smurf-ish in person. I get too much attention at stop lights from youngsters in their hondas and loud exhausts because it stands out imo. I wish I had silver or black, boring but stealthier.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
Ya, it is a stock color. It looks smurf-ish in person. I get too much attention at stop lights from youngsters in their hondas and loud exhausts because it stands out imo. I wish I had silver or black, boring but stealthier.

my BMW convertible is black ( saphierschwarz actually that is black with a blue shine ) and it is not boring at all, it really turn heads

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
my BMW convertible is black ( saphierschwarz actually that is black with a blue shine ) and it is not boring at all, it really turn heads
IIRC, mine is Schwarz II, and while it looks great when the car is pristine, it is a HUGE pain to keep clean.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
IIRC, mine is Schwarz II, and while it looks great when the car is pristine, it is a HUGE pain to keep clean.

Sounds like your schwarz is weak, J...

tounge.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hate when I get it twisted!

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC Schwarz II is not metallic paint, so It could look dull when dirty.

Mine has this metallic iridescent shine. and in this case ( saphirschwarz) it is blue.. I have compared it to cosmosschwarz that has a silver/white shine and mine looks richer.

there is an Alfa Romeo color I also like called "nero fuoco" that is black with a red shine. a friend of mine has one with red leather seats and it is gorgeous

Anyway when my car is dirty it also looks dull... you have to take care of it as you do with your shoes
laugh.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about this black '38 BMW M3 ?

BMW_327-1938-1.jpg

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense to you, JB (honestly), but generally, am I the last soul on the entire planet who thinks it's really, really stupid to refer to a car's wheels as rims?
No, you are probably right. It's the pop culture getting to me. However I think when a lot of people hear the word "wheel" they think of everything so to speak, tire and all. I have just used "rim" as referring to the hubcap itself.

JB

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faust
Audi TT

Mmm. Wish the rest of the car was as good as the exterior. And a few hundred pounds lighter.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Connie ! I see you earned a Tag Line congratulations
laugh.gif

This was my 1000th !

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have compared it to cosmosschwarz that has a silver/white shine and mine looks richer.

My first M3 was Cosmosschwarz, the shine was more of a purple-ish to me.
how about this black '38 BMW M3 ?

BMW_327-1938-1.jpg

Fantastic car.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Mmm. Wish the rest of the car was as good as the exterior. And a few hundred pounds lighter.

And RWD.

BTW, a friend who is very fastidious about his car cleanliness likes to say that black is not a color --- it's a lifestyle.

Black is an incredibly difficult color to keep clean for more than a day or two.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads