• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borky

Reaction score
I'm just worried its on the short side, only going down to my true waist. I have a barracuda style jacket now for the rain and it looks funny when I have an untucked shirt.

jho

Reaction score
Hi peoples! I hope this is not too stupid a question to put here but I'm interested in some carrot fit jeans (the ones that taper down the leg) but am having trouble finding ones by the good brands (its so hard to tell from the internet). Can somebody please suggest some brands that have this style? Thankyou *bows*

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jho
Hi peoples! I hope this is not too stupid a question to put here but I'm interested in some carrot fit jeans (the ones that taper down the leg) but am having trouble finding ones by the good brands (its so hard to tell from the internet). Can somebody please suggest some brands that have this style? Thankyou *bows*

Well, for starters, the ubiquitous A.P.C. New Standards have a slim, squarish top block and legs that taper from the hip to the hem. The Kicking Mule Rocker is similar. The Acne Max is slim and tapers all the way down. Those are a few to look into to start.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Hey... wanted to pick up a pair of John Bull SC005 (non-selvage one-wash)... I think the fit looks cool but I'm a bit stocky at 5'6" 150lbs. RRDS and 5EP LDB fit great, APC NS is borderline slim for me ...will the JB SC005's be too slim for me?

cLin

Reaction score
Anyone know my answer about the spring court sizing?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do all Kicking Mules fit the same in the seat area? I've tried on the 1950's and 1980's and both had a loose, "sagging" ass on me.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Do all Kicking Mules fit the same in the seat area? I've tried on the 1950's and 1980's and both had a loose, "sagging" ass on me.
I haven't actually tried on anything other than the 1980, but supposedly they are all pretty much the same jean in the seat and thigh.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cLin
Hey guys, I am really bad when it comes to sizing and get more confused when you thrown in european size. I wear a size 10.5 iN New Balance and most shoes and a size 10 in Jack Purcells. What size shoe should I get (in european sizing)?

According to Oipolloi, spring court sizing doesn't require any extra accomodations.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
Hey... wanted to pick up a pair of John Bull SC005 (non-selvage one-wash)... I think the fit looks cool but I'm a bit stocky at 5'6" 150lbs.

RRDS and 5EP LDB fit great, APC NS is borderline slim for me

...will the JB SC005's be too slim for me?

If the APC NS is borderline slim for you, I would not recommend the JohnBull SC005. Like many Japanese brand bootcuts, they taper down quite a bit through the thighs to the knees. Also, the seat on the SC jeans are made for smaller asses. If RRDS and LDB fit you snugly, you probably have too much junk in the trunk to fit into the SCs.

Originally Posted by cLin
Anyone know my answer about the spring court sizing?

I wear a size 10.5US in Chucks and 11US in Vans, and Springcourt 44s fit me perfectly. Probably a pair of 43s will be fine.

yeayea

Reaction score
How much should i plan to pay for a pair of Charles Tyrwhitt Black Chelsea Boots ?

They seem to be about $250 retail. I will go to the store in NYC to try them on soon (maybe tomorrow).

Should I pay retail or can I get a better price online? What about used?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yeayea
How much should i plan to pay for a pair of Charles Tyrwhitt Black Chelsea Boots ?

They seem to be about $250 retail. I will go to the store in NYC to try them on soon (maybe tomorrow).

Should I pay retail or can I get a better price online? What about used?

There's no reason to pay retail on Charles Tyrwhitt if you don't mind waiting on a shipment. Use http://ctshirts.co.uk/foxglove for 50% off mostly everything, which brings the chelsea's down to about $135.

scog

Reaction score
I really like the color of dry denim, and I'm looking for a pair in a straight slim fit that will stay dark indigo (not a dark wash) for a long time, even after repeated washing, to be more dressy or dress-casual jeans. Does this exist?

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scog
I really like the color of dry denim, and I'm looking for a pair in a straight slim fit that will stay dark indigo (not a dark wash) for a long time, even after repeated washing, to be more dressy or dress-casual jeans. Does this exist?

Yeah, you could just buy any pair of dry denim and just get it steam-cleaned rather than wash it. That'll keep the color.

yeayea

Reaction score
Anyone have the skinny on the Uniqlo UT Project?

According to their magazine/catalogue they are releasing over 1,000 t-shirts sometime this year. From what Ive seen they look great and are going to be only $15 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads